Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect landing spot for McCarron?
Probably already been said but :

"Agent Jackson.... your second mission should you chose to accept it" Cool
Reply/Quote
Nah..they'll let him walk for a 7th round compensation pick.. Dare I say it's the Bengals way?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 10:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Straight up, for Nick Mangold?

I think I''d want more than a 2 or 3 year stop gap at Center (albeit a great one ) for a perceived potential franchise QB with a QB poor draft coming up.

First round picks only. Other offers need not reply Wink.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 11:45 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Urban for Head Coach Ninja

Atleast he is good at what he does, but Marv was a good Defensive Coordinator too.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd trade him. Next season is his last year here...then he leaves for nothing.

That said, I'm not sure the Jets would be interested.

If they are, do it i agree.

(12-16-2016, 10:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Straight up, for Nick Mangold?

Hell yeah, doubt they would go for that though haha
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Jets trading for McCarron. They have Petty (not a fan of him honestly) and they spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg last year. Sure, they could add him to the QB competition, but I doubt they would.

I think two better landing spots would be the Bears and Cardinals.

Cardinals mostly because of their style of offense and they will need a QB. Plus they probably will miss out on a QB this draft.
Bears seem to want to move away from Cutler, and I think it depends where they want to draft a QB. If they miss out, then I could see the trade.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 05:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I don't see the Jets trading for McCarron. They have Petty (not a fan of him honestly) and they spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg last year. Sure, they could add him to the QB competition, but I doubt they would.

I think two better landing spots would be the Bears and Cardinals.

Cardinals mostly because of their style of offense and they will need a QB. Plus they probably will miss out on a QB this draft.
Bears seem to want to move away from Cutler, and I think it depends where they want to draft a QB. If they miss out, then I could see the trade.

Didn't think of the Cardinals.
Reply/Quote
If the price is right, I cannot argue.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't think of the Cardinals.

They're going to be rebuilding that offense. Palmer should be done. Fitz is leaving. They released Floyd.

Bruce Arians likes a pocket passer. My biggest concern is Arians also likes to have a vertical offense. Something I don't see McCarron fitting with.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They're going to be rebuilding that offense. Palmer should be done. Fitz is leaving. They released Floyd.

Bruce Arians likes a pocket passer. My biggest concern is Arians also likes to have a vertical offense. Something I don't see McCarron fitting with.

I keep hearing people say McCarron doesn't have a strong arm but he threw some nice deep balls last season.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atleast he is good at what he does, but Marv was a good Defensive Coordinator too.

He must have left all his defensive coordinator knowledge in Baltimore then. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:26 PM)Derrick Wrote: He must have left all his defensive coordinator knowledge in Baltimore then. Sad

He just wasn't made for being a good Head Coach.

Sometimes Coordinators just aren't even if they are good Coordinators.
Reply/Quote
How can anyone be so cruel as to want McCarron to want to go to the 49ers? What did he ever do to you guys?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Perfect landing spot? ill list them in order lol, many teams need him. Im not saying hes great but he could possibly solid and great in the right system with a good O LINE

Broncos- Siemians blah
Minnesota- depends on bridgewater
Bears- Cutler is prolly gonzo
Patriots- back up brady for a few then take over
Bills- start right away, their defense is decent
Jets- yikes
Browns- yikes
49ers- he probably wouldnt
Rams- would start day one over goff but they wouldnt risk that media carnival
Jaguars- Bortles and him are similar....but their defense sucks and o line isnt that great
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 11:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nah..they'll let him walk for a 7th round compensation pick.. Dare I say it's the Bengals way?

I doubt this is what McCarron would bring as a compensatory pick.  The value is what his contract would be, and since he would be done with his rookie contract, teams could sign him long term....unless there are very high-end WRs, DEs, etc out there as well, you would think a FA QB would be in the top 8 of contracts and that would make him a third round compensatory pick.

Which brings another key reason to not trade him for anything less than a very high 2nd, or a middle 2nd and 4th if the odds are that you would get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory and you have the security of having him the entire year.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 01:00 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Patriots- back up brady for a few then take over

This actually makes a lot of sense to me....he's a cerebral guy, which BB would need and he is a leader.  Hmmm.  I wonder when Brady would hang them up.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I keep hearing people say McCarron doesn't have a strong arm but he threw some nice deep balls last season.

You don't need to have a strong arm to throw good, accurate deep passes. Dalton has a stronger arm than Mac, but Dalton doesn't throw a good deep ball due to his arm. It's all about accuracy and touch. I do believe Mac has the accuracy and touch on deep passes, but I've never seen him throw a 50 yard rope. Not saying he's Chad Pennington post injuries or 2015 Peyton, but I think it's safe to say arm strength isn't a plus for McCarron.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This actually makes a lot of sense to me....he's a cerebral guy, which BB would need and he is a leader.  Hmmm.  I wonder when Brady would hang them up.  

It'd make sense to me if Jimmy G wasn't on their roster. Jimmy G looked superb last year. Tbh, their 3rd string rookie (name escapes me) showed promise as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It'd make sense to me if Jimmy G wasn't on their roster. Jimmy G looked superb last year. Tbh, their 3rd string rookie (name escapes me) showed promise as well.

I think his rookie deal is up, though.  And the mobile QB, that was third string, struggled later.  But I think as long as Brady seems as though he wants to play, McCarron only having one year left on his rookie deal isn't what fits them best.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2016, 06:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think his rookie deal is up, though.  And the mobile QB, that was third string, struggled later.  But I think as long as Brady seems as though he wants to play, McCarron only having one year left on his rookie deal isn't what fits them best.  

Actually, Jimmy G has a year left just like McCarron.

I'm guessing Brady plays one more year and the Pats sign Jimmy G to a long term deal. Just a guess. Either way, like you said, it just doesn't seem like the Pats are likely to pursue McCarron. If they decide to roll with a QB with 1 year left on his current deal, it's likely to be their guy.

As for the 3rd string guy (Jacoby Brissett - a 3rd round pick), yeah he struggled a bit in his 2nd start, but he was a rookie thrust into action long before planned.
Reply/Quote