Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perine Stiff Arm
(11-28-2022, 11:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wouldn’t know how to post it and I don’t have twitter snyone, but did anyone see where Hurst pulled on a screen?  Somebody named Ben Fennell had it.

Casear and Holic posted that one as well if you're talking about when Hurst crushed Dupree. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 10:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No, I've seen running backs called for facemasks, but they have to actually grab the mask, not just flat hand it.

Yep that was a textbook stiff arm that demoralized the LBer

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:14 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Casear and Holic posted that one as well if you're talking about when Hurst crushed Dupree. 

Oh ok I didn’t see that one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will second that and so will Harley. Not a diva like Dre either.

Damn right. I still dislike that guy with much passion.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: As someone who has seem a gazillion of his college and pro games. He’s as strong as any back in the NFL. He rushed for an NCAA still record 427 yards.

Wow, forgot about that. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:16 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep that was a textbook stiff arm that demoralized the LBer

Yeah, you have to grab the face mask and pull them to the ground for it to be a penalty on the runner.

Damn good LB'er too in David Long Junior. Wanted us to draft him.

(11-29-2022, 09:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right. I still dislike that guy with much passion.

Yep, I remember those days, you never liked him lol
Reply/Quote
What makes that more impressive to me is that the guy perine stiff armed is a lb. Henry's were both against smaller players who were dbs if I recall correctly. Though not many cases where Henry could even stiff arm a larger player than him unless it's a dline player.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:52 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: What makes that more impressive to me is that the guy perine stiff armed is a lb. Henry's were both against smaller players who were dbs if I recall correctly. Though not many cases where Henry could even stiff arm a larger player than him unless it's a dline player.

One of the more vicious stiff arms I've seen administered to a LBer, a real good LBer as well. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 02:52 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: What makes that more impressive to me is that the guy perine stiff armed is a lb. Henry's were both against smaller players who were dbs if I recall correctly. Though not many cases where Henry could even stiff arm a larger player than him unless it's a dline player.

David Long is very good probably the best player to come out of WVU in a while (not counting this one season by Geno Smith) but he is not a big linebacker at 5'11 225. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 03:11 PM)Synric Wrote: David Long is very good probably the best player to come out of WVU in a while (not counting this one season by Geno Smith) but he is not a big linebacker at 5'11 225.

I just knew he was a lb, on another watch I noticed him not being a big guy per say. Still impressive either way. I know Henry's big nfl stiff arm highlights are josh Norman and I think a safety. [/b][/size]
Reply/Quote