Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permaban
Don't want to veer off topic but I check the boards every now and then. Is that Joe from Florence or whatever still banned from the boards. If so will that ban still hold? I may be years out of the loop. If so feel free to tie me down and ruin my rep
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:33 PM)BernLock Wrote: Don't want to veer off topic but I check the boards every now and then. Is that Joe from Florence or whatever still banned from the boards. If so will that ban still hold? I may be years out of the loop. If so feel free to tie me down and ruin my rep

I'm sure Joe would have a chance at a fresh start here but I have no clue what he's up to or how to tell him about this new board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:33 PM)BernLock Wrote: Don't want to veer off topic but I check the boards every now and then. Is that Joe from Florence or whatever still banned from the boards. If so will that ban still hold? I may be years out of the loop. If so feel free to tie me down and ruin my rep

He was still banned. I don't think it would carry over to this site though.

(05-11-2015, 09:35 PM)treee Wrote: I'm sure Joe would have a chance at a fresh start here but I have no clue what he's up to or how to tell him about this new board.

I'm sure he still lurked on the other boards. It won't be too hard for him to find this one.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 09:35 PM)treee Wrote: I'm sure Joe would have a chance at a fresh start here but I have no clue what he's up to or how to tell him about this new board.

Maybe if he does find it it would be like a nice symbolic olive branch. New forums, new rules, fresh start for all fans.
Reply/Quote
Joe was still a member of the bengals.com boards...he just used a different name.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Whoever thought Joe disappeared after being banned is silly.

I forget the name, but I know he had a second name within a day of being banned.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Whoever thought Joe disappeared after being banned is silly.

I forget the name, but I know he had a second name within a day of being banned.

Well maybe he'll come here and reclaim his old name.
Reply/Quote
What was his new name? I remember he told us some of his Alts at that other new, now obsolete site but I forget them.

I plan on making a thread over there towards the end asking Alts to come forth.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What was his new name? I remember he told us some of his Alts at that other new, now obsolete site but I forget them.

I plan on making a thread over there towards the end asking Alts to come forth.

Good idea. That would be very interesting.
Reply/Quote
everyone should get a fresh start. Carrying over bans is silly
Reply/Quote
Just can't see bans carrying over. However that would be up to the site admins.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What was his new name?

Gonna take a wild guess. Was he michaelsean?

Obviously there were enough people who were cynical about the team and Marvin that it is hard to figure who he was based on posts about the Bengals. But his politics were a little more distinctive. There were a handful of users who he might've been.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 10:42 PM)treee Wrote: Well maybe he'll come here and reclaim his old name.

Man I missed a golden opportunity. When I signed up here I should have registered as Joe from Flo. :@
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2015, 12:53 AM)crispy Wrote: Man I missed a golden opportunity.  When I signed up here I should have registered as Joe from Flo.   :@

Joe from Flo if youre on here come clean! Who were you posting as after the ban hammer?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 11:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: everyone should get a fresh start.  Carrying over bans is silly

I agree that's kind of why I started this. Everyone should get a fresh start
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2015, 11:49 PM)Soverign Nation Wrote: Just can't see bans carrying over. However that would be up to the site admins.

Yeah I don't think bans should carry over. This a new site with a fresh start for everyone. Even those from long ago and even those more memorable banned members, IMO.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be for carrying it over especially if the CoC is different.
Reply/Quote

I hope it wont carry over. Maintaining a ban from the old forum, especially when it involves that ***** tool Denny, would make me reconsider being a member here.

oh btw **** you Denny

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Being banned from the "old boards" should in no way affect your membership here, unless of course you screw the pooch over here. LOL.

Not only should banned members post their new/old names, anybody from the "old" boards should post a new name they've taken...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I figured Joe came back as an alt account. I always enjoyed his posting.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote