Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perspectives on Passing
If we took more deep shots (of course teams would have to respect AJs half of the field at least), then I think that could really continue to open up some space for LaFell and Boyd against zone.

I'm also surprised we're not motioning Gio out and having him work the middle of the field from the slot out of shotgun as much. Also, Dalton and Bernard both seem to be very intelligent so I'm thinking that they could do a lot of good work on option routes against zone defenses.

I think it's time to see if we can get some explosive plays out of Core deep because when we went deep to Wright a couple times, he has had trouble getting separation and coming down with the ball.

It seems to me as if we're not utilizing one step drops. Boyd, being as adept as a runner, should be more consistently getting screens by now or at least a bubble pass in that linemen split out wide formation.

I also think if we go deep with AJ earlier in games, later in the game that opens up some quick passes immediately after the snap with the CB playing 5 yards deep. Andy can even do this on a called run play without audibling. Really opens up your options.

We gotta make sure we force the defense to respect Green's ability the fullest extent, and we also gotta have the ability to discern good opportunities to run plays with LaFell and Boyd as the first read.

I think there are definitely improvements to be made with how we approach our passing game but I'll happily proclaim that our offense seemed to play closer to it's potential last week (for the most part).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always thought that the shotgun formation, with 2 backs would be deadly. They wouldnt know what was coming.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:36 AM)Gohards Wrote: I always thought that the shotgun formation, with 2 backs would be deadly. They wouldnt know what was coming.

Yea having 2 capable RBs is really great for option plays but you don't wanna run that too much with a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 01:36 AM)Gohards Wrote: I always thought that the shotgun formation, with 2 backs would be deadly. They wouldnt know what was coming.

I'd like to see more of it too......a la Brooks/Woods.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton is second in passing plays of 20+ yards and 3rd in passing plays of 40+ yards. We take a lot of shots (at least a lot of them) compared to other teams.
Reply/Quote