Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pesäpallo - The Finnish cousin to Baseball
A very different game but quite interesting. The base lineups and base running is way different but it looks like they all do the Pete Rose dive when getting to a base so that's actually pretty cool. There are multiple swings per batter(the first one doesn't count if you don't want it to?) so a guy can "Sacrifice" the runners over and then stay in and drive them in? 

I played in a best of three series on an all dirt field in Ketchikan, Alaska in 1983. It's an all dirt field because it rains a lot in Southeast Alaska but we were there during a month long dry spell and it was like playing on a paved parking lot. That was the only time I ever had a ball bounce over my head in the outfield. It should have been a routine line drive one hopper to me that bounced up to around my chest at the most . . . and it flared up with a back spin to where it wasn't even worth the effort it to even leap for it, just turn, run and yell "AWWWW, SHIT!".

Here's a couple short clips of the Ketchikan field I played on 36 and then the 26 years later video shows how rainy it gets but they still continue to play, mainly due to the all dirt/gravel field.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote