Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Johnson, Boobie Clarke...
.....we need another big back another truck/tank/thumper,  that wear down a D guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HleEXqw_SA&ab_channel=ThePrimaryRead
Reply/Quote
We need a back that can make people miss in space. Hopefully Evans can get be that guy next year and get a lot more snaps.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need a rb that can make 3 unblocked guys miss him in the backfield...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We need a back that can make people miss in space. Hopefully Evans can get be that guy next year and get a lot more snaps.

John Henry Hamilton was a 5-10 240 pound shot putter who ran a le on that Tulare Union 4x1 team,  what a sight that was.  He was the Jim Brown of the league in my HS days.  Around the middle of the third quarter you have had it,  you are beaten down as John Henry just keeps coming.  You are whipped,  yes a big back can do that.  Now that passing attack vs a beaten down D starts to cook.

Everybody needs a Tank Younger,  a Mack "Truck" Lee Hill,  a Thunder Thornton, a Boobie.
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon on this team would be sick.

I like Mixon, but not to the level I liked Dillon.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Corey Dillon on this team would be sick.

Yes, It would make me sick to waste that talent behind this line.
Reply/Quote
All we need guys, are 3 completely different RBs with different styles so all Burrow has to do is hand the ball off 25 times and throw to the flats all game.
Reply/Quote
All I know is if we had our big Samoan Peko in there at Fullback, getting those 3rd and 1's would be a lot easier. I seriously think they need to let Shelvin work with the RB coaches to play that role.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, It would make me sick to waste that talent behind this line.

Ha, but in all seriousness Dillon had that Barry Sanders quality where he could make something out of nothing. I think Dillon would experience success today despite the OL struggles.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, It would make me sick to waste that talent behind this line.

So you're taking one for the team to have Dillon back? Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:21 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: .....we need another big back another truck/tank/thumper,  that wear down a D guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HleEXqw_SA&ab_channel=ThePrimaryRead

Pete Johnson was one the my all time fave backs, BIG #46 freight train
going something like 6-0" 265lbs
I wish this team had more interest in a fullback type, like that huge dude on the Ravens, hes 300 pounds and basically is another lineman but can catch. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Corey Dillon on this team would be sick.

I like Mixon, but not to the level I liked Dillon.

Strange deal with Dillon,  he had six 1000 yard seasons,  then a 500 plus and we let him go.  Following season as a Patriots over 1600.

As we all know he is our leading rusher anyway.

I wouldn't go with a 225 pounder as a big back.

Heard this guy talking about Aaron Donald......Donald isn't big just 280......what???   But he's right for what Donald is.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Pete Johnson was one the my all time fave backs, BIG #46 freight train
going something like 6-0" 265lbs
I wish this team had more interest in a fullback type, like that huge dude on the Ravens, hes 300 pounds and basically is another lineman but can catch. 

I'm with you,  Johnson was a beast.   And agree about having a fullback but do need one who can catch.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:18 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: Strange deal with Dillon,  he had six 1000 yard seasons,  then a 500 plus and we let him go.  Following season as a Patriots over 1600.

As we all know he is our leading rusher anyway.

I wouldn't go with a 225 pounder as a big back.

Heard this guy talking about Aaron Donald......Donald isn't big just 280......what???   But he's right for what Donald is.

Dillon played for the Bengals when nobody wanted to play for the Bengals.  Seriously, players couldn't wait for their rookie contracts to end, so that they could get the hell out of Mike Brown's control.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dillon played for the Bengals when nobody wanted to play for the Bengals.  Seriously, players couldn't wait for their rookie contracts to end, so that they could get the hell out of Mike Brown's control.  

Dillon played 7 Bengal seasons so he must have resigned after that rookie deal.  But do remember some $$$$$ problems and him leaving us not happy about things.
Reply/Quote
If I recall Dillon was frustrated having to share carries with Rudi. Maybe he had incentives in his contract?
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:16 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ha, but in all seriousness Dillon had that Barry Sanders quality where he could make something out of nothing. I think Dillon would experience success today despite the OL struggles.

Our late 90's lines weren't good either...and yeah Dillon still ran wild.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:49 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: Dillon played 7 Bengal seasons so he must have resigned after that rookie deal.  But do remember some $$$$$ problems and him leaving us not happy about things.

(02-17-2022, 12:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If I recall Dillon was frustrated having to share carries with Rudi. Maybe he had incentives in his contract?

It's been a while back, but I seem to remember Marvin holding a team meeting and saying that anyone that did not want to be on the Bengals was free to attempt to strike a deal with another team. (Or something like that)  Dillon left, Spikes left, among others.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If I recall Dillon was frustrated having to share carries with Rudi. Maybe he had incentives in his contract?

He wanted to flip burgers at McDonald's...
Reply/Quote
I love Mixon, but I have never seen a RB that trips as much as he does? It almost seems like his feet are moving faster than his legs will allow.
Reply/Quote