Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete - Mike Brown - Organization
The Bengals seem to have a new dawn in 2011. The drafts were great and that was really the best most consistent run in my 38 years of watching. Then in 2015 - The Cedric/Fisher draft seemed to kill the franchise. The handling of Andrew Whitworth was shameful. I tried to look for the smoking gun. The only thing that makes sense is Pete Brown passing away. Paul Brown is the vice President of player personnel. Pete died in Dec. of 2017. When did his health start declining? Mike Brown has no football evaluation skills. Does anyone feel Paul is going to excel at that job? I saw the photo of Paul, Mike, and Troy last week and it did not feel like I was looking at a team of geniuses. I'm concerned about so many things
Bobby Hart resigning
Sample drafted in 2nd round
2 draft picks already cut
players retiring
The Cordy Glenn situation
The DC search
Zac Taylor going from QB coach to head coach
Zac Taylors inability to gameplan with current personnel
Lou Anarumo hiring
Turner hiring
The horrible roster management

I guess I'm trying to find a reason for optimism. I'm not looking for an argument.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
Here's a reason for optimism. The Reds aren't owned by the Brown family...yet anyway.. I betcha can't wait for that announcement, eh? 
"Mike Brown has always been a Reds fan!" y-e-a-h.. That's reassuring. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:01 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: The Bengals seem to have a new dawn in 2011. The drafts were great and that was really the best most consistent run in my 38 years of watching. Then in 2015 - The Cedric/Fisher draft seemed to kill the franchise. The handling of Andrew Whitworth was shameful. I tried to look for the smoking gun. The only thing that makes sense is Pete Brown passing away. Paul Brown is the vice President of player personnel. Pete died in Dec. of 2017. When did his health start declining? Mike Brown has no football evaluation skills. Does anyone feel Paul is going to excel at that job? I saw the photo of Paul, Mike, and Troy last week and it did not feel like I was looking at a team of geniuses. I'm concerned about so many things
Bobby Hart resigning
players retiring
The DC search
Lou Anarumo hiring
Turner hiring

I guess I'm trying to find a reason for optimism. I'm not looking for an argument.

The coaches scout. We had Marvin, Zimmer who is close with Parcells, Jay Gruden who is close with Jon. Perhaps those people had things to do with our drafting.

OR) The draft takes some amount of skill, but luck is also involved. AJ Green wasn't too hard to draft. It was the obvious pick. It was Dalton or Mallet in the 2nd Round?

Then we got lucky on guys like Atkins. Seems we take a lot of 4th Round DT's. He panned out.

I don't know. The current staff is way in over their heads.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:01 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: The Bengals seem to have a new dawn in 2011. The drafts were great and that was really the best most consistent run in my 38 years of watching. Then in 2015 - The Cedric/Fisher draft seemed to kill the franchise. The handling of Andrew Whitworth was shameful. I tried to look for the smoking gun. The only thing that makes sense is Pete Brown passing away. Paul Brown is the vice President of player personnel. Pete died in Dec. of 2017. When did his health start declining? Mike Brown has no football evaluation skills. Does anyone feel Paul is going to excel at that job? I saw the photo of Paul, Mike, and Troy last week and it did not feel like I was looking at a team of geniuses. I'm concerned about so many things
Bobby Hart resigning
players retiring
The DC search
Lou Anarumo hiring
Turner hiring

Yeahhh I’ve got nothing.wait!!! Ok One day it will be Katie’s team....but there is nothing that suggest she will do things differently. We have a young coach that can only improve if we get a couple experienced coordinators like Gruden and DelRio. Actually I think the best case scenario would be to get a couple coordinators with experience and load up on draft picks.i just hope Zac has too much on his plate right now and it changes this off season. Hang in there, we made it threw the 90’s.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 08:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yeahhh I’ve got nothing.wait!!! Ok One day it will be Katie’s team....but there is nothing that suggest she will do things differently. We have a young coach that can only improve if we get a couple experienced coordinators like Gruden and DelRio. Actually I think the best case scenario would be to get a couple coordinators with experience and load up on draft picks.i just hope Zac has too much on his plate right now and it changes this off season. Hang in there, we made it threw the 90’s.

Remember when we made the playoffs 5 years in a row and people assumed it was because Katie was running the show?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart resigning
players retiring
The DC search
Lou Anarumo hiring
Turner hiring

Those three worry me the most and they seem to all tie into the hiring of Turner. He's never had much success anywhere, and is not the kind of character guy you want within your organization, and I'm putting that very lightly.

I'm willing to give Zac a few years to build his team and implement his system, but if he doesn't send Turner packing the following Monday after our season ends then I'm gonna have serious doubts to this team ever getting out of this dark hole. 
Reply/Quote