Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose To Go Into Reds Hall Of Fame Very Soon
This was in newspaper today.  Reds will talk to MLB Commish Office as they go.....but they intend to have Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame in next year or two regardless of lifetime ban. ....Now I agree with this. The Reds Hall of Fame IS NOT Cooperstown.  We aren't talking MLB Hall of Fame here. We are talking about states rights and city rights, and Cincinnati should be able to put Pete in Reds Hall of Fame if they want.  After all, MLB let Reds Hall of Fame display Pete Rose things a couple years ago......I would hope this leads to Reds retiring his number 14, and adding his statue outside, and a Pete Rose Day for these things....and if I'm Pete Rose, if I never get in the MLB Hall of Fame in my lifetime, I enjoy being honored in my home town of Cincinnati, the home of professional baseball, and I enjoy and celebrate this greatly. ....To me, this is GREAT news after all the players the Reds dumping in payroll cuts. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I agree Kevin, probably one of the few bright spots this year, and Rose definitely SHOULD be in the Red's Hall of Fame if he's not in the MLB one, although for my money he should be there as well. One of my childhood memories of baseball is Pete reaching out to hit a pitch on an intentional walk, and always,always running full speed to first whether it be a walk or a ground out to the pitcher.Then there was the 200 hits every year, who does that in today's game? Playing 110% at all times, he was on the field what every baseball player should strive to be. His gambling "problem" is really no different than the alcohol problems of many who are IN the MLB hall right now, yet instead of trying to help the guy, I never seen anything but them trying to crucify him and make an example of him, no wonder he's not sorry for what he done and still does it by all accounts. Another thing I always admired about Rose, was you could look at him and think that if you worked hard enough, you could play MLB yourself. He certainly wasn't a chiseled, athletic guy like most All-Star players, but more a product of hard work, hours of study and practice. I talked to a former Red's player who said Pete was indeed the first man to arrive and the last to leave every single day; you gotta respect that. Clear cut should be in Red's Hall, and MLB as well for my money.
Reply/Quote
Baseball is a bunch of bullshit keeping Rose out of hall of fame, I vote to bar the sport from being played anymore.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On the lighter side....Cincy WLW Sports Talk back when Bob Trumpy was on it, had this old comedian, Professor Erwin Corey, who dressed like a nutty professor and said a bunch of stupid things and jokes...and on radio Trumpy asked if there should be in Cincinnati a statue of Pete Rose.....and the old comic said, " I don't see why Pete Rose can't get an erection "......( drum rim shot- good straight man work Trumpy ).  

That aside....a statue of Pete outside GABP and Reds Hall of Fame and Pete in Reds Hall of Fame and his # 14 retired.....I agree this has nothing to do with the lifetime banishment or the MLB Hall of Fame or New York....All these things fall under State Rights and City Rights and Cincinnati and Ohio should have the United States Constitutional Freedom to honor someone in their city if they want to, and I would take THAT to the US Supreme Court if I was Reds ownership if I had to, and I would win as Curt Flood won against MLB in the Supreme Court.

I'm glad to hear Reds say they will work with MLB, but either way, Pete WILL be in THEIR Reds Hall of Fame in a year or two, very soon.  They are working with MLB, but if needed will do it without them. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I listened to Pete's interview on 700WLW.I'm glad they are doing this for him. He is deserving and one of the greatest baseball players ever. No player has ever displayed the passion for baseball like Rose. He is a baseball icon.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I get the lifetime ban from baseball, but the HOF is a different story. Pete should be in for what he accomplished on the field. The objective of the game is to hit the ball, so until the all-time hit king is in, the HOF is a joke.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pete Rose is OG.

Dude does everything with a passion.  He lives life the way he played baseball.  

How many boring days do you think Pete Rose has had in his life?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get the lifetime ban from baseball, but the HOF is a different story. Pete should be in for what he accomplished on the field. The objective of the game is to hit the ball, so until the all-time hit king is in, the HOF is a joke.

HOF is a joke, just like how the Rock n roll HOF is a joke..

RUN DMC gets in but no Deep Purple? what has this world come to...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I get the lifetime ban from baseball, but the HOF is a different story. Pete should be in for what he accomplished on the field. The objective of the game is to hit the ball, so until the all-time hit king is in, the HOF is a joke.

Really what it comes down to is that he broke THE cardinal rule and then spent so many years lying about.  Just think if he admitted it right off the bat.  It might have turned out very differently.  A big part of his crime was arrogance.

Baseball invoked the character clause, kind of a joke in itself, considering some of the low character guys in the Hall.

He seemed to suffered from the what killed Elvis syndrome, the nobody can convince me I'm ever wrong syndrome.

And yes, it did turn into a vendetta.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 01:58 PM)magikod Wrote: HOF is a joke, just like how the Rock n roll HOF is a joke..

RUN DMC gets in but no Deep Purple? what has this world come to...

Phil Collins isn't the R&R HOF either, but Green Day is. I like Green Day, but damn. That's a joke.

(02-05-2016, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: Really what it comes down to is that he broke THE cardinal rule and then spent so many years lying about.  Just think if he admitted it right off the bat.  It might have turned out very differently.  A big part of his crime was arrogance.

Baseball invoked the character clause, kind of a joke in itself, considering some of the low character guys in the Hall.

He seemed to suffered from the what killed Elvis syndrome, the nobody can convince me I'm ever wrong syndrome.

And yes, it did turn into a vendetta.

That's why I'm okay with keeping him away from baseball and baseball operations. But the HOF is for on-field accomplishments. If you keep Pete out for his character flaws, then why not remove anyone who was an a-hole in real life? Heck, we'd have to do away with the HOF entirely if that were the case.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Phil Collins isn't the R&R HOF either, but Green Day is. I like Green Day, but damn. That's a joke.

That's why I'm okay with keeping him away from baseball and baseball operations. But the HOF is for on-field accomplishments. If you keep Pete out for his character flaws, then why not remove anyone who was an a-hole in real life? Heck, we'd have to do away with the HOF entirely if that were the case.

Couldn't agree more.  It really is a personal thing with Pete.  He just rubbed the powers that be the wrong way.  I still say he won't be in the HOF in Selig's life time or Pete's lifetime either.

Wouldn't shock me a bit to see Pete elected posthumously.

Is it right or fair?  Hell no.  But he did put himself in this box and did all the wrong things on his way to trying to get out of it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: Couldn't agree more.  It really is a personal thing with Pete.  He just rubbed the powers that be the wrong way.  I still say he won't be in the HOF in Selig's life time or Pete's lifetime either.

Wouldn't shock me a bit to see Pete elected posthumously.

Is it right or fair?  Hell no.  But he did put himself in this box and did all the wrong things on his way to trying to get out of it.

Pete's fate was sealed when Giamatti died. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pete's fate was sealed when Giamatti died. 

Yes it was.  Vendetta.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 03:19 PM)McC Wrote: Is it right or fair?  Hell no.  But he did put himself in this box and did all the wrong things on his way to trying to get out of it.

This.

I am as big a Pete Rose fan as anyone, but he just screwed himself with the way he has handled all of this.
Reply/Quote
I must repeat that we are NOT talking about the Cooperstown Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame here......That is a whole different animal.

I AM talking about Reds Hall of Fame in Cincinnati Ohio. ...NOT Cooperstown.

Reds intend to have Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame in 2016 or 2017. They are going to try to do it working with MLB Commish Office, but Reds are going to do this. .....Precendent : Rose was allowed to be part of the All-Century Team Ceremony, The Great 8 Ceremony, The Anniversary of him breaking TY Cobbs record and some other Reds events. Rose also has been on CBS or FOX or some such major newtwork as part of World Series broadcasts. Reds Hall of Fame also had a year where they featured Pete Rose in their Hall of Fame Museum. So MLB has already let Rose be a part of baseball with Reds or MLB.

The United States Constitution : MLB is not bigger than this and there is such a thing as States Rights. Cincinnati and Cooperstown are in 2 different states. Curt Flood challenged and won against MLB unconstitutional monopoly rules. If needed the Reds should take this to the highest courts and perhaps the Supreme Court because there is legal ground here. Cincinnati should have the right to run their Reds Hall of Fame in the name of States Rights and the US Constitution. I'm sure the Reds Hall of Fame is ran and funded by Cincinnati Reds and MLB in New York has never gave it any money to stay open or function. It is all Cincinnati funded and ran.

So I am talking Cincinnati, not Cooperstown. It should not take MLB in New York lifting the lifetime ban for Cincinnati to honor the Cincinnati born Hit King. Cincinnati honoring Pete will not effect or hurt New York or Cooperstown one darn bit. ....So Cincinnati should include Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame Museum....plus his number 14 should be retired, a statue of him outside the Reds Hall of Fame and a Pete Rose Day for his induction to the Reds Hall of Fame and these other items mentioned. ........and Pete Rose should take it and love every second of it because who can say about Cooperstown if he will live to see that. He should be very proud to be honored by Cincinnati with these things I've mentioned, and die a happy man.

So not talking Copperstown at all here.....Talking that Reds intend to put Pete Rose in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ...and it should be done and Reds should go to court and fight any form of MLB standing in the way of this because Cincinnati and Ohio have City and States Rights per the US Constitution.

Some posts seemed to be talking Cooperstown. That is a different subject......The question is, Does Cincinnati Ohio have the US Constitutional freedom to run the CIncinnati Ohio Reds Hall of Fame and honor a Cincinnati born Reds player for the fans of this player and the Cincinnati Reds ??? The Reds say they do, the Reds say they will, and MLB might as well aprove it because Cincinnati Ohio has a very strong legal court case here if that is needed. ....Reds say Pete will be in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ....not talking Cooperstown here, that is a whole different thng. THat is indeed MLB. This is Cincinnati only.....If I were the MLB Commish, I would agree to it and like Pilot, wash my hands of it. It has nothing to to with Cooperstown or New York, and mostly it gives fans of Cincinnati some closer. I would let Reds do it for the Cincinnati fans who have suffered also. I would do it for the fans. I repeat, I would allow Reds to do this for THE FANS. I'm hoping MLB allows this for THE FANS and does not try to butt into Reds plans. MLB should put THE FANS first, and in this case not stand in the way of this that would be good and long over due for Reds Fans.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 05:23 PM)kevin Wrote: I must repeat that we are NOT talking about the Cooperstown Major League Baseball Hall Of Fame here......That is a whole different animal.

I AM talking about Reds Hall of Fame in Cincinnati Ohio. ...NOT Cooperstown.

Reds intend to have Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame in 2016 or 2017. They are going to try to do it working with MLB Commish Office, but Reds are going to do this. .....Precendent : Rose was allowed to be part of the All-Century Team Ceremony, The Great 8 Ceremony, The Anniversary of him breaking TY Cobbs record and some other Reds events. Rose also has been on CBS or FOX or some such major newtwork as part of World Series broadcasts.  Reds Hall of Fame also had a year where they featured Pete Rose in their Hall of Fame Museum.  So MLB has already let Rose be a part of baseball with Reds or MLB.

The United States Constitution :  MLB is not bigger than this and there is such a thing as States Rights. Cincinnati and Cooperstown are in 2 different states. Curt Flood challenged and won against MLB unconstitutional monopoly rules. If needed the Reds should take this to the highest courts and perhaps the Supreme Court because there is legal ground here. Cincinnati should have the right to run their Reds Hall of Fame in the name of States Rights and the US Constitution.  I'm sure the Reds Hall of Fame is ran and funded by Cincinnati Reds and MLB in New York has never gave it any money to stay open or function. It is all Cincinnati funded and ran.

So I am talking Cincinnati, not Cooperstown.  It should not take MLB in New York lifting the lifetime ban for Cincinnati to honor the Cincinnati born Hit King.  Cincinnati honoring Pete will not effect or hurt New York or Cooperstown one darn bit. ....So Cincinnati should include Pete Rose in Reds Hall of Fame Museum....plus his number 14 should be retired, a statue of him outside the Reds Hall of Fame and a Pete Rose Day for his induction to the Reds Hall of Fame and these other items mentioned. ........and Pete Rose should take it and love every second of it because who can say about Cooperstown if he will live to see that. He should be very proud to be honored by Cincinnati with these things I've mentioned, and die a happy man.

So not talking Copperstown at all here.....Talking that Reds intend to put Pete Rose in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ...and it should be done and Reds should go to court and fight any form of MLB standing in the way of this because Cincinnati and Ohio have City and States Rights per the US Constitution.

Some posts seemed to be talking Cooperstown. That is a different subject......The question is, Does Cincinnati Ohio have the US Constitutional freedom to run the CIncinnati Ohio Reds Hall of Fame and honor a Cincinnati born Reds player for the fans of this player and the Cincinnati Reds ???   The Reds say they do, the Reds say they will, and MLB might as well aprove it because Cincinnati Ohio has a very strong legal court case here if that is needed. ....Reds say Pete will be in REDS HALL OF FAME in 2016 or 2017. ....not talking Cooperstown here, that is a whole different thng. THat is indeed MLB. This is Cincinnati only.....If I were the MLB Commish, I would agree to it and like Pilot, wash my hands of it. It has nothing to to with Cooperstown or New York, and mostly it gives fans of Cincinnati some closer. I would let Reds do it for the Cincinnati fans who have suffered also. I would do it for the fans. I repeat, I would allow Reds to do this for THE FANS. I'm hoping MLB allows this for THE FANS and does not try to butt into Reds plans. MLB should put THE FANS first, and in this case not stand in the way of this that would be good and long over due for Reds Fans.

You do realize that Rose is going into the Reds HOF this year, right?

Since the Reds are part of MLB, I think they have to have final say on if Rose could be inducted into the teams HOF.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy to see the Reds moved fast on this and went from saying Pete will be in Reds Hall of Fame in a year or two, and now have Pete going into Reds Hall of Fame weekend of June 24,25,26.....Friday Night June 24 will honor Big Red Machine of 1976 and fireworks, so that is a big night....setting up Saturday 25th as Reds Hall of Fame ceremony honors Pete Rose into Reds Hall of Fame. ......I am so glad they moved on this and MLB did not stand in the way. .....As I say, this is for Pete, but this is also for the fans who need this ......It should be a great weekend for fans to see THE HIT KING go into Reds Hall of Fame.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote