Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King: FMIA - Ja’Marr Chase
(08-11-2022, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Calm down, Officer Killjoy, Thread PD. Just because someone mentioned Sewell doesn't mean this is a Chase v Sewell thread.

Killjoy? I think your memory is pretty off if you remember those debates being at all “joyous.”

Anyway, I saw some people bringing that stuff up so I respectfully - as the thread’s OP - asked that we not go down that road again. Not really a big deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 05:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Killjoy? I think your memory is pretty off if you remember those debates being at all “joyous.”

Anyway, I saw some people bringing that stuff up so I respectfully - as the thread’s OP - asked that we not go down that road again. Not really a big deal.

Calm down, Buzz Killington. I was making a joke.

Besides, it wasn't going down that road. No need to get your panties in a twist. However, allow me to apologize that my agreement with another poster that was glad we got Chase somehow diverted your pro-Chase OP into a pro-Chase thread.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: thats-bait.gif]

Reply/Quote
This looks like a fantastic read, I just don't have the time to read it right now so I am bumping it before i forget.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 09:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm so very happy we got Chase and not whoever else.

I wanted Kyle Pitts.
That wish ended with the first KC game when Chase destroyed that team.
Reply/Quote
He is, naturally, what Chad Johnson desperately tried to portray or present himself as . . . except Chad usually disappeared in big games. I really loved Chad. He was the breath of fresh air that this once pathetic team badly needed . . . I hated Ocho Cinco.

A big part is Chad grew up without an older male role model . . . Ja'marr's Dad is smoking cigars after games with Joe's Dad. He was there from day one. I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with his maturity and approach to the game. Imagine how good Chad could have been if he had a positive role model in his life before college and not trying to fill the void with images of what he thought a man should be. It's sad that he'll be known as focusing more on his Ocho character than football after he started getting the spotlight he sought.

My point isn't to drag down Chad, it's to prop up Ja'marr similarly in the way that I've said the same about Joe. Outside of Klingler's 70 yard arm, Joe has every previous Bengals QB's strengths and none of their weaknesses. Well, much like Ja'marr, Chad was a workout warrior and was focused and driven to be the best WR in the NFL. He had some of the best footwork and route running that I've ever seen, but he was too immature, thus too emotional. He could easily get frustrated when getting taken out of games by good teams. Chad peaked/plateaued along with his Bengals in 2005 . . . That was all of the success that he had known to that point because he had no success in college. Ja'marr has already played in a Super Bowl and is an NCAA Champion. He doesn't disappear in big games and he doesn't say a word or show poor body language when he doesn't have a big game, like against Denver. 1 catch for 4 yards on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter. No complaining, no slumping his shoulders on the way back to the sideline and not a peep to the press.

I know this is not a surprise to anybody now, because we all know how awesome Chad was as a Bengal, but just let this last sentence sink in for a bit and then smile. Ja'marr has every strength that Chad had and none of his weaknesses along with a better QB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote