Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King and Florio discuss Burrow and Bengals
This clip is 30 minutes!

I couldn't watch it all this am, but it is pretty interesting. I can't stand Florio, but I really like Peter King.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/tom-brady-new-england-return-nfl-week-4-fmia-peter-king/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's the Youtube link for those who, like me, have become addicted to listening to talk radio at 1.5x speed Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7Nh6jVgJQ
Reply/Quote
Good to see Trenton Irwin getting his props....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 08:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This clip is 30 minutes!

I couldn't watch it all this am, but it is pretty interesting.  I can't stand Florio, but I really like Peter King.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/04/tom-brady-new-england-return-nfl-week-4-fmia-peter-king/

Thanks for the share buddy! Enjoyed watching it. Let's face the facts EVERYONE loves Burrow, we have to keep him healthy because this guy will win us playoff games we've been waiting for all these years. Im not saying its going to be this year but he does have the "it" factor. 

When that last drive happened on Thursday you had confidence in Burrow doing it, if it was Andy you would be holding your breath for the last 5 minutes. No breath holding with Joe...
Reply/Quote
Could some of you guys with no life sum it up in a post?I kidd I Kidd. Seriously, a few nuggets posted would be greatly appreciated.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 08:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This clip is 30 minutes!

I couldn't watch it all this am, but it is pretty interesting.  I can't stand Florio, but I really like Peter King.

Ok so I listened to all of that.  That is by far the most positivity I have ever heard coming from either of those guys about the Bengals.  They even had some love for ZT.

It's funny to me how many of the national (and local here in Houston) were so cool on Burrow.  I watched nearly every LSU game the year before we drafted him, just because they were so damn fun to watch.  But you could tell that Burrow had something.  It wasn't just the play calling, but something more.  And I never understood why guys I respects as sports analysts couldn't see it.  

Soon everyone will see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 04:15 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Could some of you guys with no life sum it up in a post?I kidd I Kidd. Seriously, a few nuggets posted would be greatly appreciated.

They love Burrow.  
Burrow is going to be great.
Cincy has something special.

And lots of blah blah blah and war stories.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:24 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok so I listened to all of that.  That is by far the most positivity I have ever heard coming from either of those guys about the Bengals.  They even had some love for ZT.

It's funny to me how many of the national (and local here in Houston) were so cool on Burrow.  I watched nearly every LSU game the year before we drafted him, just because they were so damn fun to watch.  But you could tell that Burrow had something.  It wasn't just the play calling, but something more.  And I never understood why guys I respects as sports analysts couldn't see it.  

Soon everyone will see it.

I don't know if it is because he is 24, which is old by a 2nd year player standpoint, but consider his career thus far:

In college, he sits for THREE YEARS, only to break his hand and lose the opportunity to start.

He transfers and takes over at LSU.  His first season is rocky, but he is trending way up by year's end.  The coaching staff realize they really have something and they want to unleash him more and give him a great offensive mind:  Enter Joe Brady.

He has the most prolific season in NCAA history and wins a National Championship.  Smokes cigar, iconic image.

Drafted #1 overall by the Bengals.   The world is 100% certain they will ruin him.  They almost do.  Covid eliminates preseason and a lot of in-person meetings.   He plays behind a horrible line and, although he shows flashes, is injured in his 10th start and misses the rest of the season.  

Fast forward to his second season (worked out pretty well at LSU) and in his last two starts, he beats pitt on the road, and leads an incredible comeback against Jax on National TV.  It was his 14th NFL start.  I am sure Mahommes did that in his 14th start, but he sat out a year and observed.  Josh Allen's rookie season he had a completion % of 52 and more INTs than TDs.  Kyler Murray will be a hot name after beating SF the other day (handily) and his rookie season had 64% completion % and 20 TDs with 12 INTs.  I won't even go in to this year's crop of rookies.

Joe is playing like a 5 year vet.  He has improved DRAMATICALLY each week.  His reads have sped up and his legs seem to be 100%.  I know it was just a turd steeler team and Jacksonville, but I can't wait to watch him next weekend.  He has made this team so much fun to watch. Yes, the defense has surely done their job and then some....but this guy, heading in to his 15h start, is simply incredible.  

I never thought he would be to this level this quickly coming off surgery.  
Reply/Quote
Is Florio advocating for Tua to demand a trade?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Funny thing about this clip is they agreed with Marvin that half time adjustments are not a thing...... Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Funny thing about this clip is they agreed with Marvin that half time adjustments are not a thing...... Cool

I thought that was interesting to. And that pretty much every coach says the same thing. More or less they said, given half time in only 12 minutes in the Pros, coaches really only have about 1-2 minutes to talk to the players and there's no actual time to develop new concepts or change the game plan. 

Even listening to podcasts discussing our game vs the Jags; people who know their stuff commented on us not really doing anything differently,  at least blocking wise, in the second half.  We were just more successful at what we were trying to do. 
Reply/Quote
Florio knows that Steelers train is about to come off of the tracks.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 08:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Is Florio advocating for Tua to demand a trade?

Probably. Florio loves stirring up drama.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 08:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Is Florio advocating for Tua to demand a trade?

Yeah, probably to pitt if Rogers doesn't work out...and I can't imagine why he would go to pitt.  

Denver was the ideal fit.  
Reply/Quote