Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peter King's 2022, 22 most influential people in NFL
12. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati quarterback
In today’s sporting/social landscape, it’s almost as important to be groovy as it is to be good. And Joe Burrow is Joe Cool. In leading the formerly woebegone Bengals to the Super Bowl last year, Burrow not only become a top-tier quarterback but a major influencer. Or, as the New York Times said during the playoffs last February, “The Bengals quarterback has achieved a crossover appeal that has inspired Joe Namath comparisons.”

The reason why I think Burrow has shot to the top of NFL Q ratings is not only his ability and his Gen-Z-appealing fashion sense, but also his attitude. He really has some Namath in him, the ability to play like the ultimate tough guy and at the same time having an I-could-care-less-what-you-think-of-me attitude. He doesn’t get nervous or tight in big moments. And if his line could have blocked Aaron Donald down the stretch of Super Bowl LVI, he would have had the time to win it. Whether he’d have made the plays necessary to win, that would have been on him. But he just didn’t have enough time.

Burrow’s 25, a total team guy, coming off a 70.4-percent completion season in his first full year as a pro. He’s made an irrelevant franchise relevant in 25 months. What’s not to like?

Interesting note, 3 of the 4 starting AFCN starting QBs made the list
2) Deshaun Watson-the questions surrounding him...will he play? will he be suspended? will he earn that crazy salary? Impact of NFL discipline? will there be NFL discipline? and of course...the impact of that salary on future QB salaries on teams that don't have the billions in cash Haslam has (cough cough MIke Brown and Joe Burrow)

21. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore quarterback-his whole contract situation and if he can take the team to the playoffs after all those injuries last year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cool stuff Pally. Burrow is special on and off the field for sure.

What does Deshaun Watson influence again? Being a perv? Lol
Reply/Quote