Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King suggest Belichick may want to work with Dalton
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/09/peter-king-sees-andy-dalton-patriots-candidate-replace-tom-brady/4425745002/

Apparently he's not alone, either. I know we have some people who think Dalton won't even get another chance and may wind up in the CFL, so it should be fun to see where he winds up this offseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/01/09/peter-king-sees-andy-dalton-patriots-candidate-replace-tom-brady/4425745002/

Apparently he's not alone, either. I know we have some people who think Dalton won't even get another chance and may wind up in the CFL, so it should be fun to see where he winds up this offseason.

Ahhhhhh. So this is why he was buttering Brown (from the thread in JN). He wants Dalton. 

Makes sense now. You'd have to be a clueless idiot to say some of the things BB said in that article. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhhhhh. So this is why he was buttering Brown (from the thread in JN). He wants Dalton. 

Makes sense now. You'd have to be a clueless idiot to say some of the things BB said in that article. 

Normally I'd chalk it up to chatter, but Peter King usually doesn't talk out of his butt.

I always assume Bill is up to something when he starts gushing about a player or team.

Especially when he's gushing about a team that hasn't won a playoff game since Bill was with the Giants.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Normally I'd chalk it up to chatter, but Peter King usually doesn't talk out of his butt.

I always assume Bill is up to something when he starts gushing about a player or team.

Especially when he's gushing about a team that hasn't won a playoff game since Bill was with the Giants.

Exactly. He's not dumb. I'm sure he's just throwing stuff out there for potential talks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dalton may do adequate at NE but cannot carry the Patriots like Brady. Fans would be throwing bottles on the field like fans did in Cleveland when Dalton chokes. Plus Dalton will not have WR or TE there.

I think Dalton could get a 2 & 5 as trade. Realistically a 3rd & 5th would be fair.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Belicheck may not be people's favorite NFL coach but he is one of the sharpest coaches to ever walk an NFL sideline. If (and remember it is a rumor) he wants Andy that would mean both that he knows something about Brady others do not and also that he sees traits in Andy he can shape to fit the Patriots system.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dalton may do adequate at NE but cannot carry the Patriots like Brady.  Fans would be throwing bottles on the field like fans did in Cleveland when Dalton chokes.  Plus Dalton will not have WR or TE there.

I think Dalton could get a 2 & 5 as trade.  Realistically a 3rd & 5th would be fair.

Well if Dalton somehow winds up on the Patriots with Belichick, it'd be the ultimate test to see if Dalton really is a choke artist or if coaching/scheme truly held him back. Would be a very interesting side show next season.
Reply/Quote
If this happens I will literally die.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well if Dalton somehow winds up on the Patriots with Belichick, it'd be the ultimate test to see if Dalton really is a choke artist or if coaching/scheme truly held him back. Would be a very interesting side show next season.

Interesting indeed ! I really thought we'd see some of that this past season with ZT and co. But there was just to many other problems.
Reply/Quote
Make it happen, Mike. Although that would be one Hell of an adjustment for the Pats players going from Brady chewing their ears off to Dalton’s encouraging words. On the flip side, let’s get Brady in here and see what happens when Bobby Hart gets one too many penalties.
Reply/Quote
I can already tell you this is all a setup. Mike already agreed to this shit and told Bill he would do it if he said some great things about him, thinking because Bengals fans hate him so much, if a smart, sharp, football minded coach came out and praised him, he would re-win the fanbase back. The deals already been done.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 02:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dalton may do adequate at NE but cannot carry the Patriots like Brady.  Fans would be throwing bottles on the field like fans did in Cleveland when Dalton chokes.  Plus Dalton will not have WR or TE there.

I think Dalton could get a 2 & 5 as trade.  Realistically a 3rd & 5th would be fair.

Brady hasn't carried the Patriots for a little bit now.

He's on 4 straight years of sharply dropping QB Rating, Yards Per Game, Yards Per Attempt, and Completion %.

Last year they won the SB 13-3 and Brady had 0 TDs and 1 Turnover. What's carried the Patriots lately is their scoring defense.

Pats Scoring D
2019: 1st 
2018: 7th
2017: 5th
2016: 1st

In 2019, the Patriots had the...
1st scoring defense
1st overall defense
1st in INTs
1st in PDef
1st in 1st Downs per game allowed
1st in 3rd Down conversion %
7th in Fumbles Recovered
7th in sacks

They allowed only 14.1 points per game (2nd place allowed 16.2), and only let team convert 24% of their 3rd downs (2nd place defense allowed 33%). It was a historically good defense this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 06:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don't think Bill Belichick wants Andy Dalton.  I think he wants AJ Green or Tyler Eifert.

Brady looks close to washed and he'll be 43 years old next year. Bill seems fond of "reclamation projects" like Dalton, and I honestly think Dalton would fit well in their system, which relies on a lot of pre-snap reads and quick throws, which is right up Dalton's ally. Plus, if Bill wins with Dalton, it'd help his legacy. No one would question whether it was "all Brady" anymore.

Heck, maybe Bill brings in all three.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brady hasn't carried the Patriots for a little bit now.

He's on 4 straight years of sharply dropping QB Rating, Yards Per Game, Yards Per Attempt, and Completion %.

Last year they won the SB 13-3 and Brady had 0 TDs and 1 Turnover. What's carried the Patriots lately is their scoring defense.

Pats Scoring D

1st scoring defense
1st overall defense
1st in INTs
1st in PDef
7th in Fumbles Recovered
7th in sacks

They allowed only 14.1 points per game (2nd place allowed 16.2), and only let team convert 24% of their 3rd downs (2nd place defense allowed 33%). It was a historically good defense this year.

Every year they won the SB, they had elite defenses, and usually solid weapons like Dillon, Gronk, Edelman, etc. Not to mention great pass blocking. Not sure why people think it's only Brady. I guess because the Pats cycle through so many players.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Brady looks close to washed and he'll be 43 years old next year. Bill seems fond of "reclamation projects" like Dalton, and I honestly think Dalton would fit well in their system, which relies on a lot of pre-snap reads and quick throws, which is right up Dalton's ally. Plus, if Bill wins with Dalton, it'd help his legacy. No one would question whether it was "all Brady" anymore.

Heck, maybe Bill brings in all three.

You know what’s scary? Everything you said is true!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 10:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Every year they won the SB, they had elite defenses, and usually solid weapons like Dillon, Gronk, Edelman, etc. Not to mention great pass blocking. Not sure why people think it's only Brady. I guess because the Pats cycle through so many players.

Yeah, doesn't mean Brady isn't the GOAT. It's just an acknowledgement that no player wins single-handedly in the NFL.

Lamar Jackson will win the MVP this year and he probably deserves it. Doesn't change the fact that the Ravens have the 4th overall/3rd scoring defense and even if you remove every single yard Lamar Jackson rushed for (so completely erase 176 carries), they would still have the 7th ranked rushing offense. 

QBs are important, but they still need a team and coaches.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 10:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, doesn't mean Brady isn't the GOAT. It's just an acknowledgement that no player wins single-handedly in the NFL.

Lamar Jackson will win the MVP this year and he probably deserves it. Doesn't change the fact that the Ravens have the 4th overall/3rd scoring defense and even if you remove every single yard Lamar Jackson rushed for (so completely erase 176 carries), they would still have the 7th ranked rushing offense. 

QBs are important, but they still need a team and coaches.

Agreed. It's not insulting the guy. It just takes a team to win a SB...even with an elite QB. The Saints went from SB team, to 7-9 for like 3 years and back to contender status, all due to the players around Brees. That's just one example.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brady hasn't carried the Patriots for a little bit now.

Pats Scoring D

1st scoring defense
1st overall defense
1st in INTs
1st in PDef
7th in Fumbles Recovered
7th in sacks

He won MVP just two years ago.

Reply/Quote
Dalton with the Patriots wins a playoff game before the Bengals without Dalton.

And I'm not a Dalton supporter but Billy made Cassel look good.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Pats Scoring D

1st scoring defense
1st overall defense
1st in INTs
1st in PDef
7th in Fumbles Recovered
7th in sacks

There's all that, and the fact that no single player has ever carried an NFL team. This isn't the NBA.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote