Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green officially signs franchise tag
https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-wr-a-j-green-officially-signs-franchise-tag/

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals announced Friday that WR A.J. Green has officially signed his franchise tender for the 2020 season.

“From the day that he joined our organization nine years ago, A.J. Green has been an outstanding player and a class act,” said Bengals executive vice president Katie Blackburn. “We are pleased that he will be part of the team this year, starting with the first practice. By signing, A.J. puts himself and the team in the best position to have a great season together, and we look forward to the opportunity at the end of the season to discuss keeping him here long-term. He has been an integral part of our team, and we expect this year that he will be the same impact player he has always been.”

“A.J. is one of the best receivers in the NFL,” said Bengals head coach Zac Taylor. “He’s an important part of our plans, and we’re thrilled to have him in the fold from Day 1. We’re looking forward to the impact of his talent and leadership on our offense this season.”

This means that Green will report on time for the start of training camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Video 
(07-17-2020, 03:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-wr-a-j-green-officially-signs-franchise-tag/

Sounds good! Nice to see AJ sign and be ready to go. He indicated earlier he may only show up when mandatory, nice to see he had a change of heart and signed. If he has a good season the front office and Katie Blackburn will treat him right and extend him with fair compensation.  Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
Keeping my fingers crossed the injury bug has moved on elsewhere. I've never doubted AJ can be a contributor, even a major one if he can stay on the field.

Cheers Here's to AJ staying healthy
Reply/Quote
Class act. We are lucky
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice! No drama. Didn’t expect it from Green anyways, but nice to keep it from turning into media BS like the Burrow refusing to play for the Bengals garbage.
Reply/Quote
I am sure Green would have preferred a long term contract, but this is really a good deal for both sides.

Green gets a hell of a lot more money than any other team would give a 32-year-old WR who has not played in a year and a half.

Bengals have to pay a lot this year, but are only on the hook for one season if Green is washed up.
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson
@GeoffHobsonCin
A.J. Green has a plan: “Play another four years and I hope to retire as a Bengal.’

I'd love that.
Reply/Quote
Thank you, AJ. Hope you retire a Bengal with a Super Bowl ring.
Reply/Quote
Been a fan since the early 2000s and he is my favorite player from my time. I don’t think you can ever keep a guy like AJ too long. One of the all time greats.
Reply/Quote
Who has AJ looked to most as a mentor?
It's Larry Fitzgerald, isn't it?

Look at what Larry has done...all as a Cardinal. i think AJ wants that kind of career. Let's hope he gets it.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:18 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Who has AJ looked to most as a mentor?
It's Larry Fitzgerald, isn't it?

Look at what Larry has done...all as a Cardinal. i think AJ wants that kind of career. Let's hope he gets it.

If only AJ could have stayed as healthy. Fitzgerald is an absolute Ironman. He’s never missed more than 3 games in a season, and has played in all 16 13x out of 16.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 04:07 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Geoff Hobson
@GeoffHobsonCin
A.J. Green has a plan: “Play another four years and I hope to retire as a Bengal.’

I'd love that.

Who Dey!! Im glad he signed, if he balls out this year he gets an extension. If he doesn't we are off the hook after the year is up.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite all time Bengals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkzT1Quhgwo

Hope he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 03:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-wr-a-j-green-officially-signs-franchise-tag/

Awesome. Think if he can stay healthy with Burrow he could have his best season this year. Kind of depends cause Burrow just
throws to the open Receiver whoever that may be whether it is the TE, RB, Slot etc. Boyd I still believe is poised for a big year
like Jefferson had at LSU last season.
Reply/Quote
@GeoffHobsonCin

I'd love that.

Would love that as well along with a Lombardi or two would be really nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love that as well along with a Lombardi or two would be really nice. Cool

Totally agree, but let’s just get the guy the taste of a playoff victory PLEASE
Reply/Quote
@GeoffHobsonCin

If Green is healthy all year, and plays at his normal pro bowl level, then I say he gets a 3 year deal, half guaranteed somewhere around the avg. of the Top 10 receivers.

3 more years gets him to his 4 and retire.  Half guaranteed protects the team from injury.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 03:26 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Sounds good! Nice to see AJ sign and be ready to go. He indicated earlier he may only show up when mandatory, nice to see he had a change of heart and signed. If he has a good season the front office and Katie Blackburn will treat him right and extend him with fair compensation.  Who Dey!!!

This is where message board BS gets mixed with the actual truth. From the very beginning, AJ said he would sign his tag, period. His exact sentence was something along the lines of "I prefer a multi year deal, but I'm not about to let 18 million dolllars go."  He also said he would probably skip OTA's to minimize the risks, and that at this point in his career he didn't need them anyway. He said from the very beginning he would be at Training Camp because "At some point you have to get into football shape". There was no change of heart, there were no threats, there was never any drama except on this and other message boards. Drives me nuts.....
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2020, 02:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If only AJ could have stayed as healthy. Fitzgerald is an absolute Ironman. He’s never missed more than 3 games in a season, and has played in all 16 13x out of 16.

Dayummmm! Dude is One tough receiver. Always liked Fitzgerald. I usually nab him up on FF because he’s pretty consistent on stats. However, I didn’t know this. Thanks for the info.

Reply/Quote