Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peyton Manning Out - torn plantar fascia
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/report-peyton-manning-has-torn-plantar-fascia/

"The nightmare season for Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is getting worse.

Manning has a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. According to Schefter, Manning had already been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, but the condition has now worsened.

There’s no immediate word on how long a torn plantar fascia will cause Manning to be out. The NBA’s Pau Gasol missed about six weeks with a torn plantar fascia in 2013; if Manning misses that much time he’d be out for the regular season but back for the playoffs.

Of course, if Brock Osweiler plays well in Manning’s absence, the Broncos might not put Manning back on the field for the playoffs. And if Osweiler plays poorly, the Broncos could still miss the playoffs.

Which means it’s possible that Manning’s season, and career, ended yesterday."

That was a rough game yesterday for Manning, and may have watched his last game.
Looks like Bengals will be facing Brock Osweiler when we play them in a few weeks.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Osweiler will have some really good receivers and a great defense. he could win quite a few games for the broncos.

But he shouldn't beat the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:09 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/report-peyton-manning-has-torn-plantar-fascia/

Quote:"The nightmare season for Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is getting worse.

Manning has a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. According to Schefter, Manning had already been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, but the condition has now worsened.

There’s no immediate word on how long a torn plantar fascia will cause Manning to be out. The NBA’s Pau Gasol missed about six weeks with a torn plantar fascia in 2013; if Manning misses that much time he’d be out for the regular season but back for the playoffs.

Of course, if Brock Osweiler plays well in Manning’s absence, the Broncos might not put Manning back on the field for the playoffs. And if Osweiler plays poorly, the Broncos could still miss the playoffs.

Which means it’s possible that Manning’s season, and career, ended yesterday."

That was a rough game yesterday for Manning, and may have watched his last game.
Looks like Bengals will be facing Brock Osweiler when we play them in a few weeks.

quote boxes work still

He might be hurt now but hes been playing like crap all season his best game so far was when he only threw 1 INT

Broken ego. (has that ever shown up on an injury report?)
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a big opportunity for Osweiler. The guy was taken as the "franchise" fall back for Manning when he got there in 2012. Now he's finally getting his shot and it just so happens to be right before he becomes a free agent.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Denver lived off of Luck though the first 6 weeks of the season. They should have lost to KC the first time, Cleveland, Minnesota and Baltimore. They beat us down but that was their only win where they blew a team out. That team was awesome in 2012 and 2013 but Peyton is old and fragile. He has regressed and so has their offense. Their defense has saved them this year.
Reply/Quote
This sort of smacks of Favre's last season (goes to a new team, seems more productive than ever, then falls off the stat sheet, and finally starts missing games). Can't blame the guys for not wanting to hang 'em up, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 07:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This sort of smacks of Favre's last season (goes to a new team, seems more productive than ever, then falls off the stat sheet, and finally starts missing games).  Can't blame the guys for not wanting to hang 'em up, though.

Well I think their mindsets were "I'm going to keep playing until I can't help a team anymore", but I mean you might not truly know that until the season you've finally broken down and just can't do it anymore.

Of course they says he's had the problem maybe he had it even longer, but didn't bring it up hence the poor play. I'd let him sit on the bench and see what you have in Osweiller until maybe the last game or two then put Manning back in (assuming Brock doesn't go lights out and they are headed for the playoffs) and see if plays better with some rest.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 08:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I think their mindsets were "I'm going to keep playing until I can't help a team anymore", but I mean you might not truly know that until the season you've finally broken down and just can't do it anymore.

Of course they says he's had the problem maybe he had it even longer, but didn't bring it up hence the poor play. I'd let him sit on the bench and see what you have in Osweiller until maybe the last game or two then put Manning back in (assuming Brock doesn't go lights out and they are headed for the playoffs) and see if plays better with some rest.

I hear ya, but Peyton's numbers are so awful we have to be fairly objective.  His stat sheet is totally bench-worthy.
Reply/Quote
Sad to see the guy in pain, but he could capitalize on this injury..

In his next Nationwide advertisement, instead of "Chicken Parm, you taste so good", he could substitute "Plantar Fascia, hurts so bad".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 11:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad to see the guy in pain, but he could capitalize on this injury..

In his next Nationwide advertisement, instead of "Chicken Parm, you taste so good", he could substitute "Plantar Fascia, hurts so bad".

Should have rode off into the sunset last year, but hindsight etc. When we weren't playing him he was a joy to watch (outside of last December, which I really enjoyed watching). Pulled for him against the Bears and Saints in those two SBs. If this is the end for him it's a damn shame to go out this way.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Should have rode off into the sunset last year, but hindsight etc. When we weren't playing him he was a joy to watch (outside of last December, which I really enjoyed watching).  Pulled for him against the Bears and Saints in those two SBs.  If this is the end for him it's a damn shame to go out this way.

he doesnt care. No jock cares about any legacy.
Reply/Quote
When Kubiak came to Denver he had to adjust his offense a little. He used to employ a lot of roll outs and long stretch plays, but Peyton was not mobile enough. It will be interesting to see if he calls more of those type plays with Osweiller in there.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 06:39 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Denver lived off of Luck though the first 6 weeks of the season. 

Through their first 7 games 20% of their points were scored by defense and special teams tds.  That is a ridiculous number.
Reply/Quote
You know it's bad when with Brock Osweiler they look better on offense. Of course, the Bears defense being very much a work in progress is helping too.
Reply/Quote