https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFbzdPrylU

Peyton breaks down Joe’s game
Reply/Quote
That was great. Throughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting.
Reply/Quote
Great watch
Elites recognize Elites
Will the ownership spend every last penny they can to offer Burrow a healthy career in Cincy?
Choices going forward will prove just that and the right ones may result in a Parade or two
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:10 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFbzdPrylU

"Sike!" "Does anyone still say that anymore?"

LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Sike!" "Does anyone still say that anymore?"

LOL

I brought it back a few years ago on behalf of all 80s/90s kids.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:49 AM)Spider Wrote: Great watch
Elites recognize Elites
Will the ownership spend every last penny they can to offer Burrow a healthy career in Cincy?
Choices going forward will prove just that and the right ones may result in a Parade or two

While he's no elite (though in one of his random endorsement commercials he calls himself "Legendary"), I really enjoy watching the Romo broadcasts for similar analysis like this video.  I never played football and I don't have an understanding of the game like these guys do (Eli Apple sucks) So I find it really informative when they share this insight.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Excellent Breakdown by a Legend...it doesn't get much better than that. And alot of hate because we don't coach a ton of passing concepts in Pop Warner like that lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I’m a big fan of these things as it helps fans realize how complex the game is. Also it helps people appreciate a bit more of the play calling as well as why certain guys don’t get thrown to on certain plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I’m a big fan of these things as it helps fans realize how complex the game is. Also it helps people appreciate a bit more of the play calling as well as why certain guys don’t get thrown to on certain plays.

Agreed, but that part will fall on deaf ears around this place.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:21 AM)basballguy Wrote: While he's no elite (though in one of his random endorsement commercials he calls himself "Legendary"), I really enjoy watching the Romo broadcasts for similar analysis like this video.  I never played football and I don't have an understanding of the game like these guys do (Eli Apple sucks) So I find it really informative when they share this insight.

He’s a lot better than he was to start the season at least.
Reply/Quote
Burrow being a college defensive co-ordinator's son was and is a tremendous asset to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow being a college defensive co-ordinator's son was and is a tremendous asset to him.

Yeah, Joe really knows his stuff. Especially for a 2nd year player. Sometimes he cracks me up when he gives the press these overly analytical breakdowns of certain plays to answer their questions.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I’m a big fan of these things as it helps fans realize how complex the game is. Also it helps people appreciate a bit more of the play calling as well as why certain guys don’t get thrown to on certain plays.

This was an incredible watch for me. I've been a numbers guy for a long time but I've been reading up on some of the details of the game recently. This video was very informative and helped break down the decision making process that QBs will go through. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This was an incredible watch for me. I've been a numbers guy for a long time but I've been reading up on some of the details of the game recently. This video was very informative and helped break down the decision making process that QBs will go through. 

When Manning gets excited about a check down on 3rd down I think it's good for fans to see that. Many are upset Burrow isn't forcing it downfield but you have one of the best ever essentially telling you that, no this is the right play. Also, Manning talking about taking a sack in situations versus throwing it and risking anything is another good thing for fans to get. The idea of "can't take a sack" is not really how things are outside of specific situations, sometimes a sack in the right play.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: When Manning gets excited about a check down on 3rd down I think it's good for fans to see that. Many are upset Burrow isn't forcing it downfield but you have one of the best ever essentially telling you that, no this is the right play. Also, Manning talking about taking a sack in situations versus throwing it and risking anything is another good thing for fans to get. The idea of "can't take a sack" is not really how things are outside of specific situations, sometimes a sack in the right play.

Yeah, sometimes you have to take the lesser of two evils. One thing that always grinds my gears is when fans really dig into the playcalling and talk about how awful the playcalling is when they couldn't tell you the first thing that is going on. I've even been guilty of this. These guys are running plays that you'll see across the league, many are from the same coaching trees or related coaching trees. Is it the playcalling you don't like (IE. "I hate Zac, let me blame him") or is it the execution you don't like? Jimmies and Joes win the games, you can have the best playcaller in the world and have a shit offense because you're squad can't execute. 
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins jumps... "You're killing me Smalls"... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
That was great. Kurt Warner also does a QB breakdown session every week. Highly recommend.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

I really liked how it showed the QB counting the numbers and checking to a run. Most fans assume it's a run play called by Zac but this shows you when the QB sees the right numbers he will check to a run. Big issue for that game was not blocking well when they did have the numbers. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:10 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFbzdPrylU

Cannot say awesome enough, just like Peyton said. Awesome vid, awesome dude speaking about our QB.

Great breakdown. Just awesome. Cool

Thanks for sharing this Frank, reps. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Sike!" "Does anyone still say that anymore?"

LOL

I only got half way through it and I had to head to work, but I laughed at this and "You're killing me, smalls".  
Reply/Quote