Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pff 5 round mock
Rd1- cooper DeJean cb/s Iowa-very versatile piece who can play outside, inside, as well as safety. Elite playmaking ball hawk.

Rd2- jatavion sanders te Texas-elite pass catching te who is also a good blocker. Immediately te1

Rd3-Christian mahogany g BC- doubtful he’s here but he was. Elite guard who was the number 2 ranked IOL last year before he returned to school due to an injury.

Rd4- tyliek Williams DT osu- the distuptor this dline sorely misses since Larry o left. He’s ALWAYS in the backfield or batting down passes.

Rd5- tevAndre sweat NT Texas- MASSIVE man who is elite in the run game and has untapped potential as a pass rusher. Incredibly light on his feet. Dj reader insurance as well.

Been seeing Keon Coleman a lot in rd1 as bpa as well as the tackle from duke. Think it comes down to these 3.

What y’all think?
Reply/Quote
Would love it if the draft ended up thus way! Dejean has superstar written all over him. The Dtackles make the draft though!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 11:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1- cooper DeJean cb/s Iowa-very versatile piece who can play outside, inside, as well as safety. Elite playmaking ball hawk.

Rd2- jatavion sanders te Texas-elite pass catching te who is also a good blocker. Immediately te1

Rd3-Christian mahogany g BC- doubtful he’s here but he was. Elite guard who was the number 2 ranked IOL last year before he returned to school due to an injury.

Rd4- tyliek Williams DT osu- the distuptor this dline sorely misses since Larry o left. He’s ALWAYS in the backfield or batting down passes.

Rd5- tevAndre sweat NT Texas- MASSIVE man who is elite in the run game and has untapped potential as a pass rusher. Incredibly light on his feet. Dj reader insurance as well.

Been seeing Keon Coleman a lot in rd1 as bpa as well as the tackle from duke. Think it comes down to these 3.

What y’all think?

I could be down for this as long as Higgins and Jonah were retained.
I dunno if both would be though, so perhaps a WR or OT in Rd 1 instead of another DB.
I also want to give Battle through the rest of the year before deciding to spend a premium early draft pick on another safety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 02:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I could be down for this as long as Higgins and Jonah were retained.
I dunno if both would be though, so perhaps a WR or OT in Rd 1 instead of another DB.
I also want to give Battle through the rest of the year before deciding to spend a premium early draft pick on another safety.

That’s where at the bottom it seems Keon coleman or gram Barton could be the wr/OT pick…. Also I think de Jean becomes the Hilton replacement/very versatile piece
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 08:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That’s where at the bottom it seems Keon coleman or gram Barton could be the wr/OT pick…. Also I think de Jean becomes the Hilton replacement/very versatile piece

DeJean is a good ball player but using the #1 pick for NCB?

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 01:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: DeJean is a good ball player but using the #1 pick for NCB?

Who knows where they want him. Think he’ll line up all over. NCB, outside at both safety spots…
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Who knows where they want him. Think he’ll line up all over. NCB, outside at both safety spots…

I agree with you, I think he will be good wherever he plays, NCB just doesnt seem to warrant such a high selection.  Both of our NCB's were undrafted.

Having Dax, Battle, CTB, and Turner, I would be surprised if they went defensive back in the the 1st Round.  

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree with you, I think he will be good wherever he plays, NCB just doesnt seem to warrant such a high selection.  Both of our NCB's were undrafted.

Having Dax, Battle, CTB, and Turner, I would be surprised if they went defensive back in the the 1st Round.  

I agree. They have quite a lot invested into the secondary at this point, and the NCB is arguably the position you don't need to invest such an early pick into.
A 1st, two 2nds, and a 3rd already.
I'd rather invest an early pick into a DT over yet another DB.
Maybe get a 1st round stud DT like Newton and then get a nickel CB in Rd 4-5 who can be groomed for a year behind Hilton before taking over in 2025.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree with you, I think he will be good wherever he plays, NCB just doesnt seem to warrant such a high selection.  Both of our NCB's were undrafted.

This is a team that values high picks in the secondary. That said, i would be shocked if this isn’t an offensive focused draft after heavy defense recently… especially at the top of the drafts.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This is a team that values high picks in the secondary.  That said, i would be shocked if this isn’t an offensive focused draft after heavy defense recently… especially at the top of the drafts.

I love it.

People saying that we shouldn't use a first round pick on a slot corner absolutely baffles me (who says baffles?) because look at the best slot receivers in the NFL: Kupp, Jefferson, Kirk, Lamb, etc., and you think we shouldn't take a first round guy to guard them, especially when he can play safety?

Aside from that, he's 6'1 with long strides, and he can absolutely play outside, especially since he runs a 4.49 40, which guess how fast the average NFL corner is? That's right, 4.49, which you might say he should be faster since he's our first round pick, but his other abilities make up for it.

Regardless, he's a playmaker and a great pick.

Giving Burrow that kind of receiver at tight end would make our offense pretty unstoppable. I have seen a lot of sites saying he could be faster, but he ran a 4.56 40, whereas Michael Mayer ran a 4.7 and Kelce ran a 4.6. I'll take a guy that can be a force over the middle and occupy safeties and backers all day. I'd love to keep Tee but he might demand too much money and I'd rather have Sanders because he'd occupy more defenders, help us move the sticks, be Burrow's outlet, and be a nightmare in the red zone.

Love improving the IOL and the d tackles would be amazing if we can get a rotation on the defensive line with those guys (along with our current tackles and ends) I think our pass rush could be dangerous. I'm a crippled OSU homer, so I love the Williams pick and then I think Sweat could be a hell of a steal since (if I remember correctly) the only reason he would fall that far is because he was out-of-shape and lazy his junior season, which could (hopefully) scare some teams away because he's having a hell of a senior season.

LOVE IT!
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 09:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree. They have quite a lot invested into the secondary at this point, and the NCB is arguably the position you don't need to invest such an early pick into.
A 1st, two 2nds, and a 3rd already.
I'd rather invest an early pick into a DT over yet another DB.
Maybe get a 1st round stud DT like Newton and then get a nickel CB in Rd 4-5 who can be groomed for a year behind Hilton before taking over in 2025.

If the team is smart, they'll target the trenches for the next two drafts, the same way they did with the secondary the past two drafts.

Let's just hope that they actually hit on a few OL/DL picks this time..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the team is smart, they'll target the trenches for the next two drafts, the same way they did with the secondary the past two drafts.

Let's just hope that they actually hit on a few OL/DL picks this time..

That's my worry.
They have been terrible at drafting OL/DL.
Why would I trust them to draft a good one now when they haven't shown ability to get an above-average one in the Taylor era?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's my worry.
Why would I trust them to draft a good one now when they haven't shown ability to get an above-average one in the Taylor era?

Because they have no choice.

The only position groups the Bengals would be allowed to draft are QB, WR, LB, and maybe DB in your scenario. QB is a toss up cuz Finley very bad and Joe Burrow was #1 overall... Chase was 5 and Tee 33 so its not like they didn't get a chance for top talent at WR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

I don’t anticipate Jordan battle makin it long term. That’s partly why you draft dejean. Battle is a subpar athlete, where you need elite athletes. So dejean gives you coverage at outside corner(who knows maybe they put turner inside) both safety spots and all 3 cb spots
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I don’t anticipate Jordan battle makin it long term. That’s partly why you draft dejean. Battle is a subpar athlete, where you need elite athletes. So dejean gives you coverage at outside corner(who knows maybe they put turner inside) both safety spots and all 3 cb spots

This is a legitimate argument.  I didnt hate the Battle pick in hopes that his instincts would overcome his lack of athleticism.  I have stated many times on this board that his game speed is much slower than Nick Scott.  Scott simply isnt very good.  

Drafting a DB in the 1st Round would really depend on the others still on the board. I am positive that I am not taking Cooper over the following players:

Fashanu
Bowers
Alt
Newton
Odunze
Nabers
Latham
Fuaga

I have another handful that I would likely choose over him as weel.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 08:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I don’t anticipate Jordan battle makin it long term. That’s partly why you draft dejean. Battle is a subpar athlete, where you need elite athletes. So dejean gives you coverage at outside corner(who knows maybe they put turner inside) both safety spots and all 3 cb spots

Folks lauded Jessie Bates for his range and he only ran 4.5.  Battle ran 4.55.  

The thing with defensive players is that even though there are situations where they just need to turn and run, it's easy for a guy to make up a tenth of a second by making great reads.  Conversely, it's easy for a plus athlete to lose their advantage and then some by being slow to process.  There's a premium on speed for certain positions, like CB if you're primarily running bump and run.  Offensive players know where they're going.  Defenders have to read before they can react.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 05:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's my worry.

If we're being completely honest, this run of futility in drafting OL has been going on before Taylor ever came on the scene.  Remember Fisher, Ogbuehi, Price?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we're being completely honest, this run of futility in drafting OL has been going on before Taylor ever came on the scene.  Remember Fisher, Ogbuehi, Price?

So Duke is the constant or Mikey boy fancies himself good at drafting the hogs.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If we're being completely honest, this run of futility in drafting OL has been going on before Taylor ever came on the scene.  Remember Fisher, Ogbuehi, Price?

Of course.

The last really good OL I would say the Bengals drafted were Zeitler in 2012 (never signed him to vet contract) and Boling in 2011.

But if we're going to push out Alexander for 3 bad picks in Ogbuehi (1st rd), Fisher (2nd rd), and Bodine (4th rd), we should be doing the same with Pollack for Price (1st rd), Carman (2nd rd), and Smith (4th rd).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Unfortunately, it's the hand we've been dealt.  This is a bad FA T class, but a good draft class.  If Jonah isn't resigned, we pretty much have to take one in the first two rounds.  We can get an IOL upgrade in FA(though it's not hard to upgrade over Volson).  Hopefully, a new OL coach can also improve things.
Reply/Quote