Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PhD
Who has a PhD in here?

My friend just got his PhD and I have a sense of inferiority like I was built to do more, but I feel like it's too late now. I have to skip the masters degree or get it at the same time. Is this really a 7 year thing after Bachelors? Plus working fulltime it would take me much longer.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm on the dissertation portion of a DBA and it is the most frustrating, awful, time-consuming, and expensive thing I've ever done. Sometimes I wish I just worked in a zipper factory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a roommate in Boulder that was getting his PhD in Physics at UC.  I consider myself pretty intelligent and have always enjoyed scientific stuff, but the project he was working on was crazy complex.  This was back in the early 90's and they were trying to isolate some sort of subatomic particle by bombarding this giant water tank with radiation.  For a year all he did was go to the lab all day then come home and crash.
Reply/Quote
Lot's of folks in here have their PhDs.

I know this because I'm a playa and many here hate it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I get the inferiority bit. My sister, mother, brother-in-law, and soon my wife all have PhDs. I will go for an MPA, but have no idea if I will continue on, but I don't ever really want to stop learning.
Reply/Quote
Getting a doctorate in any subject is the most pain you can inflict upon yourself possible. If you have a well-developed sense of self-hatred, a Ph.D program is the perfect place to be to make all your worst nightmares come true. I know this from personal experience -- and I can't wait until I finally finish and it's over!

Oh, and don't ever feel inferior to anyone for any reason.
Reply/Quote
I have an honorary PhD in love-making granted by the women of the world.

[Image: MI0000369717.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

I found it relatively easy to attain... just as I did them. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I spent 7 years in college so I consider myself a doctor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The only PhD coming to the Lucie family will be my wife and/or children.

My days of classes are over. Have taken enough and already have a degree I'm not using.
Reply/Quote
Yeah mostly everyone has a Public Highschool Diploma.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dude, dont get a PHD just to get one. If you have a legitimate interest in something and you need a PHD in order to squire it, then by all means go for it.

Someone having a PHD doesnt mean much to me. I know for a fact I would be capable of getting one if I really wanted to, but the time and money spent to get one just isn't worth it to me. Im happy at my current position doing what I do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote