Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Castellini
Tiger

I really didn't know how to make this post because its emotional to me. I know what this franchise has on the farm and a payroll that will be potentially one of the lowest in baseball in 24. I'm just going to tell you that I'm very uncomfortable w/ Phil leading this franchise! He just alienates the fans everytime he opens his mouth! Hopefully I'm not alone. What made me post this is because I know someone in the office currently. Some of the things I've heard.... Lets Go Reds

The problem w/ this sh!€ is if he loves the REDS more than me! You have to love the organization that you own more than Me a fan! Does he?

I'm comfortable knowing that Katie loves the Bengals more then me. I just know it!

The other guy is on a beach chair saying " Do you know who I am to a hottie" This is all allegedly for entertainment purposes only.
Reply/Quote
Tis the law per the charter that the City of Cincinnati must maintain at least one (1) professional sports organization that spits in the face of the fans while losing in embarrassment at all times. It is now up to the Reds to make good on this.

Might I recommend apathetic fandom?
Reply/Quote
Phil needs to gain some level of self-awareness. He's a PR nightmare from hell.

Even in the worst days of the "Mike Brown sucks" era, Mikey never came off as an evil rich guy living it up while he profited from our misery as fans. He was more of a stubborn, yet thoughtful miser who was welded to the operational model of a bygone era in football. He certainly gave zero shit about what people thought of him, but he drove off in his Lumina van after smashing our dreams.

Phil drives off in his brand new sports car to his lavish lifestyle in a 3000 dollar suit with a 500 dollar haircut as he rubs our faces in it.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 10:28 AM)samhain Wrote: Phil needs to gain some level of self-awareness.P  He's a PR nightmare from hell.

Even in the worst days of the "Mike Brown sucks" era, Mikey never came off as an evil rich guy living it up while he profited from our misery as fans.  He was more of a stubborn, yet thoughtful miser who was welded to the operational model of a bygone era in football.  He certainly gave zero shit about what people  thought of him, but he drove off in his Lumina van after smashing our dreams.  

Phil drives off in his brand new sports car to his lavish lifestyle in a 3000 dollar suit with a 500 dollar haircut as he rubs our faces in it.

Well said about Phil and Mike Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well said about Phil and Mike Brown.

Yep

Mike Brown was guilty of being a lot of things. But arrogant asshole wasn't among them. And I'm fully convinced the Reds of no chance of ever being relevant again under the Castellini's !
Reply/Quote
He is like Tommy boy, except not funny and isn't going to save the day.
Reply/Quote
Phil is just a wouldbe flaming asshole in search of a dry match..The good news is he won't live forever. Hey, maybe some hardcore, mentally unstable fan will hunt him down and put a bullet in his noggin! I'm not suggesting violence, but if it happens I won't be found guilty of it..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tiger

I compare him to Hank in NYC for some strange reason. The difference is that he came in like that but realized that he had " Proven Baseball People Already" So he fell back and held them accountable. If he can learn how to do that then he'll have a winner. Our current GM is a good one because he was authorized to blow it up and get the payroll the lowest in baseball coming into 2024. Now will this GM play the kids as he should this year. I'm not saying David Bell isn't the right guy but I'll know by how he handles the "kid" talent. We should know by June 15th
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 11:30 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I compare him to Hank in NYC for some strange reason. The difference is that he came in like that but realized that he had " Proven Baseball People Already" So he fell back and held them accountable. If he can learn how to do that then he'll have a winner. Our current GM is a good one because he was authorized to blow it up and get the payroll the lowest in baseball coming into 2024. Now will this GM play the kids as he should this year. I'm not saying David Bell isn't the right guy but I'll know by how he handles the "kid" talent. We should know by June 15th

Again, there's a key difference.  Hank is going to spend money to better the team if he thinks it's the way to go.  Phil is not.  

I try not to crap on Nick Krall, because he does okay with what he's given to work with.  I hope/think that his fire sale will prove out better than the last one the team had.  Even so, he's still not really a baseball guy.  He's a nepo baby from within the ownership group just like Dick Williams was.  This team hasn't hired a baseball guy for a GM since Jocketty left.  

As for Bell, he's not my favorite, but it's pretty unfair to judge him in the current situation.  He has a dogshit roster and has been undoubtedly set up to fail by his employer.  Managers are whatever anyway.  MLB is all about talent and player development.  Scouting and the farm system are what matters.  That's where the chef work gets done.  The manager is just the server trying not to screw up the order.  Sparky Anderson himself couldn't squeeze 10 more victories out of this AAAA bunch.
Reply/Quote