Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Simms
I watched both the Steelers vs Bengals and the Steelers vs Broncos games on tv these last two weeks and I still cannot get over Phil Simms obsession with Pittsburgh.

I mean, there were numerous times where he praised them and whatnot during our game's broadcast. I cannot remember specifics, but I remember thinking after the game that it was insane that he showed so much favoritism towards them.

Anyway, I watched the game yesterday as well and myself as well as the rest of the family watching the game were in  awe from all of the good things he was trying to get in about the Steelers.

I remember one play in particular:

It was a pass by Roethlisberger along the sideline. I think it was intended for Wheaton. Anyway, the pass was like 20 yards overthrown and the defender was a little pushy with Wheaton and nearly pushed him out of bounds, but it did not look to be anywhere close to being completed.

It took like 10 seconds before a flag came on the field and Simms was like excited. He was like, "What are good play by Ben. He saw that there was going to be pass interference and threw the ball his way. And what a good call by the officials."

Then Nantz waits a moment before saying, "Well do you think that was catchable?" and then there was dead air for like a minute or so before Simms trying to string together one of the worse explanations I have ever heard by an announcer (and I watch Reds games regularly with Thom Brennaman). I do not remember word for word what was said, but I just remember laughing out loud by the ridiculousness of it.
Reply/Quote
They are all eggs anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It didn't seem to me as if Phil Simms was showing any Steeler favoritism but then I usually tune him out. It's his voice or something. For a big guy he has a thin, nasally voice.

Now Cris Collinsworth -- there's some Steeler and Ben Roethlisberger favoritism -- there was a game a couple of years ago I thought he was going to invite him up to the press box for a hummer.
Reply/Quote
Phil Simms is on some serious meds or something these days. He's always rambling and seems to speak before he thinks. Nantz is like his keeper that has to reel him in from time to time when he starts sounding too moronic. The only guy that is worse is Fouts imo.

It's kind of sad there are probably normal guys who would be really qualified announcers but can't get into jobs like the NFL because they think fans love hearing washed up ex-NFL players.
Reply/Quote
The only announcers I actually don't tune out anymore are Spero and Solly

The rest of them are annoying
Reply/Quote
You mean like when Simms and Nantz asked several time whether Burfict's sack was clean for no reason at all?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The worst thing about Phil Simms is the pronunciation of our favorite team's name: "Bingles."
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The worst thing about Phil Simms is the pronunciation of our favorite team's name:  "Bingles."

Perhaps Mike Brown should consider changing the name, and sign Microsoft Bing as a sponsor.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The worst thing about Phil Simms is the pronunciation of our favorite team's name:  "Bingles."

Or his son's pronunciation "Bangles"
Reply/Quote
Denver fans petitioned, last year, to have Phil Simms not call their games. They really don't like him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

He's rubbed off on Nance too.. Nance now says Bingles
Reply/Quote
Nantz is just as bad. He was the one who called the Shazier hit on Bernard "unfortunate", then went on a tirade about how dirty Burfict's hit was. During the Broncos game, he didn't give much credit to the Broncos for winning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 06:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nantz is just as bad. He was the one who called the Shazier hit on Bernard "unfortunate", then went on a tirade about how dirty Burfict's hit was. During the Broncos game, he didn't give much credit to the Broncos for winning.

I noticed Nantz was riding Big Bens jock extra hard yesterday.  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:52 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I watched both the Steelers vs Bengals and the Steelers vs Broncos games on tv these last two weeks and I still cannot get over Phil Simms obsession with Pittsburgh.

I mean, there were numerous times where he praised them and whatnot during our game's broadcast. I cannot remember specifics, but I remember thinking after the game that it was insane that he showed so much favoritism towards them.

Anyway, I watched the game yesterday as well and myself as well as the rest of the family watching the game were in  awe from all of the good things he was trying to get in about the Steelers.

It was a pass by Roethlisberger along the sideline. I think it was intended for Wheaton. Anyway, the pass was like 20 yards overthrown and the defender was a little pushy with Wheaton and nearly pushed him out of bounds, but it did not look to be anywhere close to being completed.

It took like 10 seconds before a flag came on the field and Simms was like excited. He was like, "What are good play by Ben. He saw that there was going to be pass interference and threw the ball his way. And what a good call by the officials."

Then Nantz waits a moment before saying, "Well do you think that was catchable?" and then there was dead air for like a minute or so before Simms trying to string together one of the worse explanations I have ever heard by an announcer (and I watch Reds games regularly with Thom Brennaman). I do not remember word for word what was said, but I just remember laughing out loud by the ridiculousness of it.

I saw this exact same play and that ball wasn't anywhere near catchable and should not have been a pass interference call, but Simms was sure quick to back up the flag thrown by the official with more of his bullshit comments. I'm fed up with the NFL right now, and have always hated Simms, he's a Grade-A douche bag.
Reply/Quote
Follow@philsimmsquotes on twitter for some good laughs
Reply/Quote
Phil loves the Pittsburgh it seems. And very favorable to them.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Phil Simms sucks donkey ______!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 01:52 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I watched both the Steelers vs Bengals and the Steelers vs Broncos games on tv these last two weeks and I still cannot get over Phil Simms obsession with Pittsburgh.

So glad you caught this too. I was dumbfounded when  he was trying to explain how the hell that shitty pass was catch-able! LMAO He said something like "Well Jim the angle and the wind, ....  blah blah blah. Sounded like a moron
Reply/Quote