Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhilHos' Keys to the Game
1 - Score as many points as you can on offense
2 - Try to prevent the other team from scoring any points on defense
3 - Win the game

To put it simply: score more points than the other team and you are guaranteed to win, at least, 75% over 90% of the time. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To put it simply: score more points than the other team and you are guaranteed to win, at least, 75% of the time. Ninja

Actually the winning percentage of the teams that score more points than their opponents is over 90%.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the winning percentage of the teams that score more points than their opponents is over 90%.

Thank you for the correction. I wasn't sure what it actually was so I went a little conservative.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Hmm Sounds like a winning formula.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those are key keys. Another key is to plan to score points on your first drive. I think it's a better game plan than to wait to score until later in the game because it puts pressure on the other team.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1 - Score as many points as you can on offense
3 - Win the game

To put it simply: score more points than the other team and you are guaranteed to win, at least, 75% over 90% of the time. Ninja

My keys to winning is going golfing Sunday morning. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The key to winning is TIGER BLOOD!!!

[Image: tiger_blood_61.jpg]
Reply/Quote
bfine's keys to winning:

1-crush your enemies

2-see them driven before you

3-hear the lamentation of their women!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1 - Score as many points as you can on offense
3 - Win the game

why talk about scoring if #3 is win? By your own argument you just need #3
Reply/Quote
3 - Win the game

I support this thread.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine's keys to winning:

1-crush your enemies

I thought that was what is best in life.
Reply/Quote
3 - Win the game

Seems sound.

If you could either accomplish 1 AND 2, OR 3 but neither 1 or 2 - which would you rather do?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 04:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I thought that was what is best in life.

Winning is best in life
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:23 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Those are key keys.  Another key is to plan to score points on your first drive.  I think it's a better game plan than to wait to score until later in the game because it puts pressure on the other team.

Great post. So great. Just a great post that bigly shows the greatness of itself.  Mellow

(09-20-2019, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine's keys to winning:

1-crush your enemies

I like the cut of your jib. I don't know what a jib is, but you've got a great cut of one. Mellow

(09-20-2019, 04:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: why talk about scoring if #3 is win? By your own argument you just need #3

You're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. To quote Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny: "The defense is WRONG, your honor"

You can't do #3 without doing #1 or #2.

(09-20-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seems sound.

If you could either accomplish 1 AND 2, OR 3 but neither 1 or 2 - which would you rather do?

That's a good question. I think I would prefer ... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT OVER THERE?!

[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
3 - Win the game

I am predicting Andy Dalton will throw two interceptions,and have 3 passes batted down at the line.And we are going to get skunked and the Bills will run away with this game and we will now be minus 3 going into pitt on MNF.Now we will be minus 4 and the season will be over.I will tape all future games and go deer hunting every sunday to save my brains.So tired of this franshcise.Someone tell me what is the answer and I will believe it.ZT has a terrific plan of action,however he needs top players for it to work and we need to replace more than half of these so-called players.Need a QB and a top O-line to start with.Why does this franchise continue to have so many injuries year after year after year.It never stops. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. To quote Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny: "The defense is WRONG, your honor"

You can't do #3 without doing #1 or #2.

Then it is not a key to the game. only 1 and 2 are... if then 3 is the outcome. the outcome is not a key to the game
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:11 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I am predicting Andy Dalton will throw two interceptions,and have 3 passes batted down at the line.And we are going to get skunked and the Bills will run away with this game and we will now be minus 3 going into pitt on MNF.Now we will be minus 4 and the season will be over.I will tape all future games and go deer hunting every sunday to save my brains.So tired of this franshcise.Someone tell me what is the answer and I will believe it.ZT has a terrific plan of action,however he needs top players for it to work and we need to replace more than half of these so-called players.Need a QB and a top O-line to start with.Why does this franchise continue to have so many injuries year after year after year.It never stops. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

You're supposed to hit the space bar after each punctuation. The space bar is the long bar at the bottom of your keyboard (may actually say "space" on it).   :andy:
Reply/Quote
I think we're headed to the number 2 pick of next seasons draft. That damned Miami team is standing in our way. 
Sadly we'll go and win just enough games to end up in the middle of the pack somehow. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
3 - Win the game

Dear Philhos,

I have a question.

Should the refs have a separate box on the scoreboard for the points they score?

Sincerely,

Dude in Arizona
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 05:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Dear Philhos,

I have a question.

Should the refs have a separate box on the scoreboard for the points they score?

Sincerely,

Dude in Arizona

Dear Dude in Arizona,

Yes.

Sincerely,
Phil Mother[bleep]in' Hos
Reply/Quote