Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillips over Apple?
(11-09-2021, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you call Burrrow a "bum" when he was out with injury last year?

Burrow  got hurt had surgery and returned in half the time
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you call Burrrow a "bum" when he was out with injury last year?

C'mon, fred. Dude signed a contract before LAST season and has played in a grand total of 2 games. Now, maybe he's legitimately been seriously injured all this time, but it's not that much of a stretch to call a guy a bum who has played in only 2 games in 2 seasons.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burrow  got hurt had surgery and returned in half the time

But if he gets hurt again this year he will be a "bum".
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: C'mon, fred. Dude signed a contract before LAST season and has played in a grand total of 2 games. Now, maybe he's legitimately been seriously injured all this time, but it's not that much of a stretch to call a guy a bum who has played in only 2 games in 2 seasons.

I don't see how injuries make a player a "bum"

Was Andrew Luck a "bum"?  Is Klay Thompson a "bum"?

How about Icky Woods and Greg Cook?  Two of the biggest bums in Bengal history, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how injuries make a player a "bum"

Was Andrew Luck a "bum"?  Is Klay Thompson a "bum"?

How about Icky Woods and Greg Cook?  Two of the biggest bums in Bengal history, right?

He is antonio Bryant level right now....  If he comes back and plays well i might change my mind but as of right now he has taken the money but provided nothing in return
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually getting his hands on the ball is one of Phillips big strengths.

Last year he had more PDs (12) than William Jackson (11) despite playing 200 fewer snaps.  He had more PDs than Mackensie Alexnader (6) and Vonn Bell (5) combined.

Okay. I just have a couple plays that had stuck out to me from the past were afterwards I was like the coverage couldn't have been better he just needed to turn and get his hands up. But I did not look up stats so I'll just say I was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Phillips will never get a fair shot here because he criticized the Bengal defensive coaches and they are so petty they will cut off their own noses to spite their faces.

Last year Phillips had one of the best games of any Bengal defender against the Ravens, but his snaps dropped to 70% after playing 90% over the first 4 weeks.  He tweeted a complaint about his talent being wasted and the next week he played just 47% of the snaps against the Colts as Phillip Rivers scorched our DBs for 371 yrads, 3 tds, and a 105.4 passer rating.

I do think this seems to happen with Lou. Against the Jets last week had the Hilton lowering the helmet call. They took him out and after Awuzie struggled to tackle Ty Johnson they showed the sideline and Hilton looked over at Lou and just the expression on Hiltons face was that he should've been in there. Now I'm grasping at straws here but Hilton's snaps were way down this last week so I wonder if something was said or maybe just that penalty in general they lowered his snaps.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He is antonio Bryant level right now....  If he comes back and plays well i might change my mind but as of right now he has taken the money but provided nothing in return

Still don't see how injuries make a player a bum.

Like I said, do you think Greg Cook and Icky Woods were bums?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how injuries make a player a "bum"

It's not just that he's injured. It's that he signed with the team but hasn't played in almost a season and a half. Like I said, he could legitimately be injured but the optics of it lend itself to him maybe being a "bum". I don't think he's necessarily a bum, but I don't like the fact that we're paying him all this money to have him sit on the bench taking up a roster spot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 01:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do think this seems to happen with Lou. Against the Jets last week had the Hilton lowering the helmet call. They took him out and after Awuzie struggled to tackle Ty Johnson they showed the sideline and Hilton looked over at Lou and just the expression on Hiltons face was that he should've been in there. Now I'm grasping at straws here but Hilton's snaps were way down this last week so I wonder if something was said or maybe just that penalty in general they lowered his snaps.

Considering Lou said there was nothing wrong with that tackle, I'd say you are grasping at straws.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:53 PM)motoarch Wrote: Hell, let me try.

Couldn't be worse right?

Right. Hell, even I would be an upgrade and I'm 1 pack of smokes away from an oxygen tank.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true at all

Last year Phillips played 593 snaps.  He had 38 tackles, 12 Passes Defended, and 1 interception.  He allowed a 92.4 passer rating when targeted.

This year Eli Apple has played 565 snaps.  He has 30 tackles, 3 Passes Defended. and zero interceptions.  He has allowed a 99.9 passer rating. 

How many TDs have each given up? Not that you are wrong but I’m a little interested in that.
Reply/Quote
I was excited just now seeing this thread had picked up traction only to find out it’s turned into a Waynes bashing session. Warranted by the way. When creating this thread, I was under the assumption he wasn’t coming back… so it’s Apple vs Phillips!
Reply/Quote