Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillips to IR
(12-14-2021, 09:59 PM)Solomon Grundy Wrote: That man went on IR two fumbles late.  He put the season on life support   Unacceptable not being able to catch a football in the pro or college game.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1 player did not put the season on life support. If we were that great, the game wouldn't have mattered.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: They just cleared a roster spot for Trae Waynes.  Also Drue Chrisman is back on the PS.  That will give Huber some rest during the week to save that leg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I was gonna say he caught a case of the "Trae Waynes". Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 08:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tasteless post. Dude muffed a few kicks. He didn't kill someone's family.

At least we don't have to worry about him being on the field anymore. It's only a shoulder. I'm sure he will be fine. Baker out there with half his body parts in tact .. I like how a guy  in here threw gay slurs at me and no one said anything but this is tasteless.. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 1 player did not put the season on life support. If we were that great, the game wouldn't have mattered.

Every game matters.... If we fall short, I blame the niners , Jets and Packers games.. Beat ourselves in everyone of them...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:17 PM)Tony Wrote: At least we don't have to worry about him being on the field anymore. It's only a shoulder. I'm sure he will be fine. Baker out there with half his body parts in tact ..

Still tasteless.

(12-14-2021, 10:19 PM)Tony Wrote: Every game matters.... If we fall short, I blame the niners , Jets and Packers games.. Beat ourselves in everyone of them...

The team beat themselves. Not 1 man.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Still tasteless.

The team beat themselves. Not 1 man.

Those 10 points off Phillips fumbles definitely got them beat... Huge momentum and point swing..
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Those 10 points off Phillips fumbles definitely got them beat... Huge momentum and point swing..

Everyone gets that. Your missing the point. Just because a player messes up, its no reason to want, celebrate, embrace an injury to that player. Specially when he's on your team. He may have sucked this year and sucked in that game, but dude, it's a persons health and career. 

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Everyone gets that. Your missing the point. Just because a player messes up, its no reason to want, celebrate, embrace an injury to that player. Specially when he's on your team. He may have sucked this year and sucked in that game, but dude, it's a persons health and career. 

It's a shoulder I'm sure he will be fine.. It's his playing that's gonna end his career. Dude doesn't do anything right.. I'm not glad he got hurt, just that he won't hurt the team anymore. He wasn't gonna play either way.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 07:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Normally the special teams have been a bright spot and they haven't been bad this year except for the return guys. Very few splashes but really nothing good going on there.

Anyone with any football knowledge knows the Special Teams coach gets the bottom of the roster players to play special teams, and that his "team" is often determined week to week by other roster concerns. Simmons is one of the best ST coaches in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 08:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Tasteless post. Dude muffed a few kicks. He didn't kill someone's family.

Look at his recent post history.  This is par for the course with this guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: IR? He should have been released.

He's set to hit FA after the season.
Him being on IR means he's out for at least 3 games out of the remaining 4.
It basically accomplishes the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: IR? He should have been released.

I don't believe you can release a player during the season because they get hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Darius Phillips to IR per Bengals Twitter. Must have pulled his ****** muffing the 2nd punt on Sunday.

Apparently he has a significant shoulder injury and had it before the fumbles.  Great idea having him out there.  I swear the positioning of his feet on the first one was so bad.  I wondered if a certain representative from a certain family out west didn't pay him a TON of money to blow this game.  

Still makes me grind my teeth.  
Reply/Quote
If he's released, don't they still owe him his money? Thus, the better professional move is to transition him to IR and then let him go in free agency. Maybe the IR designation gives the franchise some grace with future player personnel matters such as free agency.

Bottom line, the outcome needs to be he no longer returns a punt for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Those 10 points off Phillips fumbles definitely got them beat... Huge momentum and point swing..

Those points came early, and the momentum swung back the Bengals way in the 4th QTR.  Why don't you blame the defense that allowed the 10 points?  They held the 49ers to a field goal on the first fumble they should have done it the 2nd time.  Why don't you blame Vonn Bell for a taunting call that led to points and more lost time on the clock?  Why aren't you blaming Ja'Marr Chase for dropping a pass in the end zone?  Why aren't you blaming Jessie Bates for dropping an interception that should have led to a pick 6 or at least field goal range field position?  Why aren't you blaming Evan McPherson for missing a field goal that if they had those points would have won the game in regulation?

To blame 1 player is ridiculous and unfair. They ALL contributed to the loss.  We saw him injured on that first muff and yet he still came back and tried again with that shouldn't that very well could have caused the 2nd muff

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They probably did this to save him the indignity of cutting him after a game that was lost due primarily to his plays in the game.

I have my doubts that he's actually injured.
Reply/Quote
IR saves you from getting released without pay? yeah?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 12:36 PM)pally Wrote: Those points came early, and the momentum swung back the Bengals way in the 4th QTR.  Why don't you blame the defense that allowed the 10 points?  They held the 49ers to a field goal on the first fumble they should have done it the 2nd time.  Why don't you blame Vonn Bell for a taunting call that led to points and more lost time on the clock?  Why aren't you blaming Ja'Marr Chase for dropping a pass in the end zone?  Why aren't you blaming Jessie Bates for dropping an interception that should have led to a pick 6 or at least field goal range field position?  Why aren't you blaming Evan McPherson for missing a field goal that if they had those points would have won the game in regulation?

To blame 1 player is ridiculous and unfair. They ALL contributed to the loss.  We saw him injured on that first muff and yet he still came back and tried again with that shouldn't that very well could have caused the 2nd muff

This was one thing that really irritated me.
It's a pretty simple rule - Don't do your action directly at/over an opposing player.
I know that refs aren't always consistent with calling these, but it's so easy to play it safe and not direct something at the opposing player directly.

With that said, I think taunting is a dumb rule. Let the players taunt each other. I get it's to help keep someone from taking offense to the taunt and injuring someone as a result, but these are adults and professionals. You are expected the be able to handle someone taunting at you without retaliation.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They probably did this to save him the indignity of cutting him after a game that was lost due primarily to his plays in the game.

I have my doubts that he's actually injured.

It probably doesn't even really matter much at this point.
After having his best season in spot duty at nickel CB in 2019, he ended up getting put on the bench in 2020 until injuries occurred.
And he's back on the bench primarily this year too.

I can't imagine him not choosing to leave in FA to get more opportunity to play defense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This was one thing that really irritated me.
It's a pretty simple rule - Don't do your action directly at/over an opposing player.
I know that refs aren't always consistent with calling these, but it's so easy to play it safe and not direct something at the opposing player directly.

With that said, I think taunting is a dumb rule. Let the players taunt each other. I get it's to help keep someone from taking offense to the taunt and injuring someone as a result, but these are adults and professionals. You are expected the be able to handle someone taunting at you without retaliation.

Did Bell ever discuss the penalty? I haven’t heard anything he said but my first thought was he was only pointing at the 49er to tell him not to hit him (bell). Bell picked up the ball and ran but the refs blew the whistle. Mack or whoever it was ran at Bell like he was going to tackle him.

Taunting a lineman by pointing at him when the two of you had no contact on the play doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote