Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phrases you want to see go away
Alright this may be a sucky thread, but I'm bored. Things I don't want to hear anymore. Or maybe something else you wish would go away.

"Go big or go home"-You probably haven't done an important thing in your life. Nothing you do is "big" and nobody will know about it.

"Own it" The new get out of jail card for stupidity. "I owned it so you can't say anything!"

"Drop the mike" Pretty funny first time I heard/saw it. Not so much anymore.

Any joke involving Siri. Half the country has iPhones. Your personal relationship with Siri is in no way unique. You haven't done anything that millions of others haven't already done.

"That's my jam"-Something everyone else is supposed to take special notice of because you have a unique connection to a song that plays 15 times a day on the radio.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Score the basketball"

What else are you supposed to score with in a basketball games?

This phrase actually means making a scratch line on a basketball.
Reply/Quote
________ player is a "beast".

No, he's not. If he had a good game or season, great. It just means that he did his job well, rather than stinking up the joint. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
When folks are already running away from danger, someone yells " Go Go Go ".
This happens in movies and on tv shows.
Kinda obvious, no words needed until safe somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Score the basketball"

What else are you supposed to score with in a basketball games?

This phrase actually means making a scratch line on a basketball.

There’s a million sports ones. I would add every cliche parents yell at baseball games. Sometimes when the game is slow I will throw out as many as I can.

That wasn’t yours.
Now you’ve seen it.
Drive the ball.
Protect (2 strike instruction)
Good eye (even when the ball sails ten feet over his head)
Nice cut (always said on a strike)
Great location (always said on a ball)
Let’s wake up the bats (well shit if they just said that in the 1st inning we’d be ahead)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
"Git 'er done!!!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
It is what it is

Reply/Quote
My complaint is actually a visual/typed issue, not a verbal one.

I detest the use of R.I.P. when referring to a recently deceased person. There seems to be this complete irreverence for the value of life in typing three letters. If you actually feel strongly enough to mention the passing of an individual, you should't have a problem typing out the whole phrase. Or perhaps better, use your big boy words and avoid a platitude.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 08:36 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: My complaint is actually a visual/typed issue, not a verbal one.

I detest the use of R.I.P. when referring to a recently deceased person. There seems to be this complete irreverence for the value of life in typing three letters. If you actually feel strongly enough to mention the passing of an individual, you should't have a problem typing out the whole phrase. Or perhaps better, use your big boy words and avoid a platitude.

Shit I’ve got to go make some edits. LOL

Reply/Quote
Hell NO, already told you I do not do that stuff anymore you freak...

That one needs to die, tired of hearing it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
"Word".
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
“He’s in a better place!”

HTF do you know? Are you God?

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: “He’s in a better place!”

HTF do you know? Are you God?

If I remember correctly that’s a big no no to say.

Reply/Quote
“All good things come to those who wait!”

Wtf again? People end up either dead, pregnant, divorced, late, fired, sick, embarrassed, broke, homeless, etc.

Reply/Quote
“Hold my beer!”

Nothing good comes from this!

[Image: Dog-with-injured-leg.jpg]

Reply/Quote
"Give 110%!!!!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Calling any reallly good player “a goat”

Way too many goats out there
Reply/Quote
“Caught the ball at its highest point”. No. That would be like a 30 foot jump.

“Literally” when it’s not actually literal.

Can we scrap the word “epic” altogether?

“Winner winner chicken dinner”
Reply/Quote
I have a very long laundry list of people who probably ought to be taken out and beaten daily and twice every Sunday just for opening their mouths, but you know.. I'm not really that violent..

'That's totally awesome!' when referring to fairly mundane things..

"OMG" reference to, well, anything at all..

I better stay out of this thread for the most part..I'll just get myself all worked up and piss off everyone who uses the terminology that annoys me.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bam bam play
Reply/Quote