Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Begals busts
I found this article interesting. It lists Jake Fisher as the 10th highest bust in recent drafts. What is more interesting are the players listed that I remember many on this Board wanted the Bengals to take and were upset they were passed over.

I guess the Bengals are not the only franchise to make horrible draft selections.

https://newarena.com/nfl/25-young-nfl-players-who-already-look-like-busts/?amxt=ref_2_inview&utm_campaign=yh_jc_nfl_busts_1015_1&utm_source=yh_ae&&utm_term=AOL_MAIL&utm_content=1&utm_medium=yhdt-ref_2_inview
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 07:34 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I found this article interesting. It lists Jake Fisher as the 10th highest bust in recent drafts. What is more interesting are the players listed that I remember many on this Board wanted the Bengals to take and were upset they were passed over.

I guess the Bengals are not the only franchise to make horrible draft selections.

https://newarena.com/nfl/25-young-nfl-players-who-already-look-like-busts/?amxt=ref_2_inview&utm_campaign=yh_jc_nfl_busts_1015_1&utm_source=yh_ae&&utm_term=AOL_MAIL&utm_content=1&utm_medium=yhdt-ref_2_inview

I looked through the list and Ogbuehi isn't even on it. Plus, there are WRs on the list who have been much more productive than Ross, yet Ross also isn't on the list.

While I don't believe any of the players on the list turned out to be worthy of their draft position, the list is BS because it seems to ignore actual stats.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Every team occasionally has a bust,but the Bengals seem to be way over their quota in the past several years,and it’s showing.
Reply/Quote
How old is this list? Devante Parker balled out this past season. Did it take a while? Yep... But still. He was as good as anybody outside of that top elite tier of WRs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hmmm... So, kind of an off topic / on topic question I have. #1 Joshua Garnett, cut in August before the season started. Had he played 1 regular season snap, and then cut, and SF wins the SB, is he entitled to a ring? I think I read once it's up to the team to decide but unsure.

Reply/Quote
Everyone knows Andre Smith was the biggest bust.

[Image: th?id=OIP.UvUzV3y0V62NLxck6or5IAHaKq&pid...=300&h=300]

[Image: th?id=OIP.Iug4LpcghOq4mOB_3MZNrwHaGo&pid...=181&h=163]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hmm, this isn't Jungle Noise, at all. This seems to be a somewhat dated list of guys from around the NFL..

Another misleading thread title, with only a mention of a guy that the Bengals got rid of two years ago.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie, it's pretty shocking that Corey Davis made this list but John Ross didn't.

They were 4 picks apart, sure, but they were both top 10 picks. Davis has gained 1867 yards in 42 games whereas Ross has gained only 716 yards in 24 games.

Maybe it's Ross's 10 TDs to Davis' 6 TD that made the difference for them.
Reply/Quote
If you take a good hard look at like our last 5 drafts and really give unbiased ratings. It's pretty MEH at best. We have several busts and many more that are average at best. And I mean in the top rounds.

Does every team have busts and average players drafted ? No doubt But we've had a heaping helping of it lately and the results can be seen in the win/loss column.
Reply/Quote
The NFL must have mandatory classes for owners who have 3 straight losing seasons in a row, and require them to spend a guaranteed amount of money in Free Agency or get penalized $$$$$$..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, this isn't Jungle Noise, at all.  This seems to be a somewhat dated list of guys from around the NFL..

Another misleading thread title, with only a mention of a guy that the Bengals got rid of two years ago.

Feel free to take it down. I just found it interesting as I thought I would see 3-4 Bengals on the list before I read it.
Reply/Quote