Reiley Reiff
Will Fuller
Mohamed Sanu
Larry Ogunjobi
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick one free agent to sign [POLL]
Which FA would you want to see us add to a 1 year deal?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I went with Larry O as he probably could play the most out of this group and we know his potential impact. I feel really bad for the guy, though, to just get a one-year deal again after what he was reportedly offered by Chicago. I'm sure he will appreciate the opportunity to up his dollars again, but that injury just hurt him in so many ways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Larry O, because he's a beast, and we might can get him on the cheap.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Assuming that they are 100% healthy I’d pick Reiff. Best available would be Ogunjobi. However I’m least confident in our backup tackles. Center is a worry too.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Larry has upside by a mile, he will likely wait for a big injury somewhere if he can't be given reps. Spain is an ideal 6th or 7th man and emergency tackle even but that ship has likely sailed, Trey is more likely.
Reply/Quote
I went Ogunjobi because as has been said he's more likely to contribute. I also wouldn't mind getting Reiff back for a season if he's healthy? There's no such thing as to much insurance.
Reply/Quote
I chose Riley Reiff because he could play LG if Carman sucks again (which is very possible), he could play RT if Collins is injured (as he has an injury history) and he could play LT if Williams is injured (as he also has an injury history).

The other option I considered was Ogunjobi, but our proven depth on the Oline is so thin I chose that over a good pass rusher because, let's face it, if we win the super bowl this year it will likely be because of our offense, not our defense :). Plus, I do want to see what Carter can do. Signing Ogunjobi would essentially bench Carter for the year barring injuries. Depth is important on the Dline just like it is on the Oline but, in our case, lack of depth on the Dline means the other team scores more points. Lack of depth on the Oline means Joe could be sacked a league high number of times again. And I'd rather prevent the latter than the former.
Reply/Quote
I went with T-Hop. I have 0 faith in T-Hill.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Went with Reiff provided he’s healthy. He has played left tackle and right tackle in the league. Also played an entire season at left in college so he could be cover for the whole line and even slot in at alert guard if carman doesn’t work out
Reply/Quote
Suh he might make an impact as a rotational player
Reply/Quote
Will Fuller. Having a deep threat like that with the other weapons we have at WR would almost be unfair. He’d probably see the most snaps out of anyone on the list besides Ogunjobi, too.

The only reason I didn’t vote for Larry is I assume he’ll cost too much. I definitely wouldn’t be in for anything close to what the Bears were going to pay him.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 02:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I chose Riley Reiff because he could play LG if Carman sucks again (which is very possible), he could play RT if Collins is injured (as he has an injury history) and he could play LT if Williams is injured (as he also has an injury history).

The other option I considered was Ogunjobi, but our proven depth on the Oline is so thin I chose that over a good pass rusher because, let's face it, if we win the super bowl this year it will likely be because of our offense, not our defense :). Plus, I do want to see what Carter can do. Signing Ogunjobi would essentially bench Carter for the year barring injuries. Depth is important on the Dline just like it is on the Oline but, in our case, lack of depth on the Dline means the other team scores more points. Lack of depth on the Oline means Joe could be sacked a league high number of times again. And I'd rather prevent the latter than the former.

Echoed my thoughts almost exactly.  When Reiff was healthy last season he played very solid so letting him rest on the bench and come in when needed would be huge for our depth.  I'm high on Volson but letting him adjust to the difference in competition for a season would be nice.  Ill be scared if he needs to come in for meaningful snaps vs NFL DTs after only playing D2 competition. Plus he can learn from Reiff. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 05:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Suh he might make an impact as a rotational player

Sure, he would be a great guy to add, but who from the list offered would you rather have?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Went with Fuller, but as soon as I voted I wanted to change it to Ogunjobi. Reiff or Spain for depth would also not upset me. Can we just do all four on one year deals?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's pretty close between
Larry, Rief, and Fuller to be honest.
I went with Larry because he would probably play starting snaps on the Dline.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Reiff because hopefully our other guys, like BJ, DJ, and even Sample and Ossai at ends, can step up and we won't see much, if any drop-off, without Larry O, but depth on the offensive line is more important than even starters on the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
Larry O for sure.

Spain. Man, I dig him, but its hard to know that he basically lost us the SB. Sucks man, but he's a cool dude.
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi.When healthy he’s a force.There’s a good chance the Bengals could get him at a bargain price.
Reply/Quote
Sanu as backup QB. : )
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I voted Larry-O, but now that I think about it, I want Will Fuller. I think Fuller's speed would make the receiving corp just downright scary. With a supposedly upgraded O-line and the Bengals go empty backfield, how does a defense contain Chase, Fuller, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst? I'm also hoping Lassiter or one of the other WR udfa's breaks thru and impresses.
Reply/Quote