Jim Harbaugh
12.50%
9 12.50%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pick the HC - Voting
(12-10-2020, 09:43 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: My line of thinking as well. He fits the division well.

Edit: Also, look how well it worked with Belichek and Brady.

Otoh look at Reid and Mahomes.

I personally want an offensive minded HC since Joe Burrow is going be the face of this franchise going forward. Just need a good (and experienced) DC to go along with him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 09:34 PM)J24 Wrote: Joe Burrow has the offense taken care of for the next decade plus give me a guy that understands defense. So I went with Robert Saleh.

That didn’t work out very well with Carson/Marvin. Apples/oranges but still.

I agree with who ever said it should be an offensive minded coach. But the right defensive coach could work too ... if he were well connected.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Out of these names I picked Saleh, he has passion and looks like a badazz out there.

Barely nudged out Eberflus who I would also love.

Agree with others that MB and the FO would never hire Jim Harbaugh.
Reply/Quote
Bienemy... or Patrick Graham. For me I'd like Graham.
Reply/Quote
Out of this list, I picked Eberflus. Been in the league a while, so he should have connections. He also has put in his time and moved through ranks and strikes me as being a leader.

But honestly, I'm less concerned with whether a HC comes from the offensive or defensive side of the ball. I think a guy can come in and care about both, and bring in solid coordinators on both sides of the ball. And frankly, I'd rather bring in an OC and change him out if it's not working and not be stuck with a particular scheme or approach because the HC thinks it's the right direction and is too stubborn to change it. After watching the ZT nightmare, I'm over that approach that won't find a way to let Burrow and the offense succeed.
Reply/Quote
EB and a legit veteran DC would be my pick.  The only HC over .500 we've had in the Mike Brown era was a SB-winning coordinator, so that's my pick.  Plus we can go back to making Eric "sleeping with" Bieniemy jokes.  Those are fun, win or lose.
Reply/Quote
Bienemy followed closely by Eberflus.

While all of this is hypothetical, I don't see any way that Saleh comes here. He seems guaranteed to go to Detroit. I believe local politicians have stepped up to the Lions urging them to hire him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You figure Joe Burrow + a competent offensive coordinator will take care of that side of the ball.

I'd like a defensive mind to steer the ship. Defense wins this division.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:48 AM)Big Boss Wrote: You figure Joe Burrow + a competent offensive coordinator will take care of that side of the ball.

I'd like a defensive mind to steer the ship. Defense wins this division.

The Ravens won the division last year largely because of Lamar, and the Browns are 9-3 because of their running game and OL.

ETA: and Kevin Stefanski

Reply/Quote
Literal nobodies < guy with a better win % than Bill Biligroin.  C'mon Southern Ohio...  C'mon.
Reply/Quote
I voted Harbaugh. Only because Gruden somehow didn't make the list.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Bieniemy but I'd take any of them with open arms.
Reply/Quote
I'd take any of them over Zac.
Reply/Quote
Fans should want the guy who actually has proven success as a HC in the NFL. The guy who has 5 playoff wins in just 4 years. The guy who has played in a Super Bowl.
The other guys have good resumes for their roles, but none have been HC before. Ultimately, all of the other guys are a bigger risk.

My vote was an easy one - Harbaugh.
If I was to go for someone other than Harbaugh, I'd go for someone who currently coaches in the midwest, is from Ohio, and who has turned a terrible unit into a Top 10 almost immediately. That would be Matt Eberflus.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This FO ain't hiring Harbaugh so that is a moot point. With EB he is kind of riding off of coat tails similar to Zac.

He would be better than Zac of course but he isn't a proven coach either.

If Saleh is penciled in for the Lions, fine. I go with Eberflus no problemo.

Cannot change my vote though.
Reply/Quote
I went with Eberflus for a variety of reasons.

First of all, he's an Ohio native, went on to coach at his hometown college, earned his way from the MAC to the SEC, and eventually the NFL for the past 12 years. He strikes me as a grounded, solid leader. The bulk of his resume is as a defensive coach, but he was also Passing Coordinator with the Cowboys for a few years, so he has a firm understanding of both sides of the ball, as well as the importance of the Coach/QB relationship. Due to his length of time in the coaching ranks, his contact list should be rather lengthy as far as quality coaches to call upon to fill out his staff.

I guess I think of him as a modern, yet veteran/mature kind of mind that might be willing to accept the challenges that come along with being HC of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 06:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This FO ain't hiring Harbaugh so that is a moot point. With EB he is kind of riding off of coat tails similar to Zac.

He would be better than Zac of course but he isn't a proven coach either.

If Saleh is penciled in for the Lions, fine. I go with Eberflus no problemo.

Cannot change my vote though.

Saleh hasn't been a HC, but he's one of those coordinators that has a definite buzz around him.  I think he could bring in the kinds of coaches and players that would create a more unified locker room culture to Cincinnati.  He's got the attitude and demeanor of a field general.  

Also, if he's going to be a great HC, it would be nice to get him from the Niners and have him win here.  It could be the reverse of us letting them take Bill Walsh and then using him to kick our asses.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I voted Harbaugh.  Only because Gruden somehow didn't make the list.

Gruden is going to have a tough time getting a HC job anytime soon.  He's currently the OC for the league's 27th best scoring offense, and for a team who is 1-11.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 08:17 PM)samhain Wrote: Saleh hasn't been a HC, but he's one of those coordinators that has a definite buzz around him.  I think he could bring in the kinds of coaches and players that would create a more unified locker room culture to Cincinnati.  He's got the attitude and demeanor of a field general.  

Also, if he's going to be a great HC, it would be nice to get him from the Niners and have him win here.  It could be the reverse of us letting them take Bill Walsh and then using him to kick our asses.

Completely agree, this would be sweet.

I like the swagger he brings with him, he absolutely despises his Defense giving up any points.

He looks like a Linebacker as a coach for heck sake. If we could get Saleh in here I would be stoked again.

Saleh or Eberflus are my faves. Harbaugh ain't happenin'.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 08:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Gruden is going to have a tough time getting a HC job anytime soon.  He's currently the OC for the league's 27th best scoring offense, and for a team who is 1-11.

Yeah, the Jay train shown his show. Let it go.
Reply/Quote