Poll: Who to keep
McCafferty-1
Cooper-2
Luck-5
Ebron-5
No One
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick the Keeper
As you may know we have an Offical Bengal Fantasy Football league, but I know the fantasy football knowledge extends far beyond the participants (well except for me). So I am asking which keeper do you think is the best deal. For what it's worth it's a 12 player league with standard snake draft and I be drafting near the bottom on the odd rounds.

Christian McCafferty will cost me a 1st

Amari Cooper will cost me a 2nd

Andrew Luck will cost a 5th

Eric Ebron will cost a 5th

I also have the option of not keeping any. If you are in the league I don't want your tainted advice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think you should keep using Ben gay as lubricant for when your alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Without knowing your scoring system, who is available to be drafted, or what/number of lineup positions your league uses I will say it is going to be either McCaffery or Luck.
Reply/Quote
Even though we play against one another, if it was me I would keep McCaffrey. Dude racks up the pprs & rushing yardage. A whole lot of weapons in one player.

Reply/Quote
Even though we're competitors, I think your real decision is between McCaffrey and Cooper. If it were I in your shoes, I might lean toward McCaffrey, for the same reasons that Harley stated.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Where are you drafting?

If you are drafting late first maybe keep McCaffrey, otherwise keep no one
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:05 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Where are you drafting?  

If you are drafting late first maybe keep McCaffrey, otherwise keep no one

10th of 12. I was leaning toward Luck in the 5th. I think he has 2 legit WRs for the first time in a long time if not in his career. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 10th of 12. I was leaning toward Luck in the 5th. I think he has 2 legit WRs for the first time in a long time if not in his career. 

I know you don't want my advice since I'm in the League.  But if it were me, I'd keep Luck and only give up the 5th round pick.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If you pick 10th the only one worth that value is McCaffery who is a top 4 pick. It's a no brainer. none of the other picks are worth drafting in that spot according to ECR (Expert coaches rankings) Luck is a question but most feel the value is later as you can get a QB close to his stats really late. But you can draft him there if you want or another really close so why box yourself in.
Reply/Quote
My question is more of who to draft in a standard league (no PPR, no flex) 2RB, 2WR, 1TE and I pick 12th (and 13th). There will be plenty of talent available here but the big question on who to take is based on who will be available at the 36/37th spots. I think the top talent runs out in the mid 3rd and so it depends on who you think might slip or who might be available that you think is worthy of starting.

31 Devonta Freeman

32 Kerryon Johnson

33 Adam Thielen

34 Josh Jacobs

35 Amari Cooper

36 George Kittle

37 A.J. Green

38 Mark Ingram

39 David Montgomery

40 Diggs

41 Zach Ertz

42 Phillip Lindsay

43 Chris Carson

44 Sony Michel

45 Brandin Cooks

So do you go WR/ WR to start with someone like Julio Jones/ Tyreek Hill and then draft a Ingram / Montgomery

Or would you rather go RB/RB and get someone like Mixon/Chubb or Gurley and then draft WR/WR like AJ Green/ Cooks or a Tight End and grab another WR next round?

Obvioulsy I can split the difference and grab RB/WR each round and give myself more flexibility.

Decisions.....
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:03 AM)yang Wrote: My question is more of who to draft in a standard league (no PPR, no flex)  2RB, 2WR, 1TE and I pick 12th (and 13th).   There will be plenty of talent available here but the big question on who to take is based on who will be available at the 36/37th spots.   I think the top talent runs out in the mid 3rd and so it depends on who you think might slip or who might be available that you think is worthy of starting.  

31 Devonta Freeman

32 Kerryon Johnson

33 Adam Thielen

34 Josh Jacobs

35  Amari Cooper

36 George Kittle

37 A.J. Green

38  Mark Ingram

39 David Montgomery

40 Diggs

41 Zach Ertz

42 Phillip Lindsay

43 Chris Carson

44 Sony Michel

45  Brandin Cooks

So do you go WR/ WR to start with someone like Julio Jones/ Tyreek Hill  and then draft a Ingram / Montgomery

Or would you rather go RB/RB and get someone like Mixon/Chubb or Gurley  and then draft WR/WR like AJ Green/ Cooks or a Tight End and grab another WR next round?

Obvioulsy I can split the difference and grab RB/WR each round and give myself more flexibility.  

Decisions.....
I like to lock up RB early, but I have been screwed the last couple years by David Johnson. Homer aside, you might want to look for Tyler Boyd in the 3rd/4th. 

As to my keeper. Taking the advice of those outside the league; I'll be keeping Christian McCaffery

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 12:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like to lock up RB early, but I have been screwed the last couple years by David Johnson. Homer aside, you might want to look for Tyler Boyd in the 3rd/4th. 

As to my keeper. Taking the advice of those outside the league; I'll be keeping Christian McCaffery

A good resource is "fantasy football calculator"   where you can sort by league type and number of teams and look at ADP, and scour through recent mock drafts to see where people are projected to go.    McCaffrey is always top 5.   Fantasy Pros is another great site.

Boyd, has been going in the 6th though moving up with AJ being hurt.   I agree about getting running backs early but at the back of the first you really have to hit since you're getting something like the 9th and 10th best RB's.  And then when you pick next you are doing the same for WR's.  So optimally if you can grab 2 of the top 4 WR's, say like Julio and Tyreek Hill who could end up the top 2 WR's and then hit gold with  overachieving RB's later you can dominate a league.  The problem is figuring out who those RB's would be.     
Reply/Quote
Good decision to keep McCafferty. He will score lots of points. Luck would be a risk and he will probably drop near the end of the QB's anyway.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Is that Cooper Kupp in the 2nd?

Go with your heart young man.

I’d keep Ebron.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 06:34 PM)yang Wrote: A good resource is "fantasy football calculator"   where you can sort by league type and number of teams and look at ADP, and scour through recent mock drafts to see where people are projected to go.    McCaffrey is always top 5.   Fantasy Pros is another great site.

Boyd, has been going in the 6th though moving up with AJ being hurt.   I agree about getting running backs early but at the back of the first you really have to hit since you're getting something like the 9th and 10th best RB's.  And then when you pick next you are doing the same for WR's.  So optimally if you can grab 2 of the top 4 WR's, say like Julio and Tyreek Hill who could end up the top 2 WR's and then hit gold with  overachieving RB's later you can dominate a league.  The problem is figuring out who those RB's would be.     

I did that last year... I had Julio and DeAndre Hopkins. I drafted Freeman, but lost him early. Luckily I sat in the number 1 waiver pick. I picked up Lyndsey after week one, and pretty much rolled with him and James White.

This year I've played around with a couple mocks. If you have a top 4 pick, you pretty much have to go RB. I've been able to come up with some combination of Gurley, Fournette, or Kerryon Johnson in the next two rounds.

I think I'm going RB early, then trying to hit guys like Cooks, Boyd, and Marvin Jones later on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 01:20 PM)jason Wrote: I did that last year... I had Julio and DeAndre Hopkins. I drafted Freeman, but lost him early. Luckily I sat in the number 1 waiver pick. I picked up Lyndsey after week one, and pretty much rolled with him and James White.

This year I've played around with a couple mocks. If you have a top 4 pick, you pretty much have to go RB. I've been able to come up with some combination of Gurley, Fournette, or Kerryon Johnson in the next two rounds.

I think I'm going RB early, then trying to hit guys like Cooks, Boyd, and Marvin Jones later on.

Yeah, I keep going back and forth. Not sure I can trust the RB’s in the later rounds. Probably have to see who falls.
Reply/Quote
Had to go McCaffrey. Dude had nearly 2000 YFS and double-digit TDs.
Most important thing is getting near-guaranteed productive players in the first two rounds, and McCaffrey is one of those guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 10:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is that Cooper Kupp in the 2nd?  

Go with your heart young man.

I’d keep Ebron.

Amari.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 10:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Good decision to keep McCafferty. He will score lots of points. Luck would be a risk and he will probably drop near the end of the QB's anyway.

(08-05-2019, 10:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Had to go McCaffrey. Dude had nearly 2000 YFS and double-digit TDs.
Most important thing is getting near-guaranteed productive players in the first two rounds, and McCaffrey is one of those guys.

Yeah, I did my first mock over the weekend and MCCaffery went #1 overall in it. So I saw the value getting him with the #10 pick

Reply/Quote
Thanks to all for not suggesting Luck. I was giving it thought.

Reply/Quote