Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we build a Zac Taylor statue?
(12-22-2020, 04:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% this.

Beat down the Steelers on national TV, didn't lose draft position, make a bunch of Steelers fans cry, embarrassed a guy who danced on the logo, and got to pile on what seems like the Steeler's impending locker room implosion. It was a pretty good night in a bubble.

Also someone who's not the Bengals is going to win the division. It might as well be the Browns. Certainly better than the Steelers or the Ravens.

I’d actually prefer the Ravens (never minded them), but yes, the Browns are certainly preferable to the Steelers. Still, Mayfield just rubs me the wrong way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% this.

Beat down the Steelers on national TV, didn't lose draft position, make a bunch of Steelers fans cry, embarrassed a guy who danced on the logo, and got to pile on what seems like the Steeler's impending locker room implosion. It was a pretty good night in a bubble.

Also someone who's not the Bengals is going to win the division. It might as well be the Browns. Certainly better than the Steelers or the Ravens.

Yep, fun to watch...and F JuJu! 
Reply/Quote
Can the statue have him on a horse? I like statues of a man on a horse.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:42 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Considering that Atkins is on IR it would be difficult for him to have played. He should have been on IR since game 1.

It better take more than this to bring back Taylor next season. This is how they need to play each and every week, not once every 80th blue moon.

Or- not once every Christmas star.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 01:53 AM)Trademark Wrote: Winning in prime time against the Steelers? Is this real life ?

put the crack pipe down...  ZT isnt getting a statue for his 5th win in 2 years. and you know finally doing the job he is paid millions to do
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d actually prefer the Ravens (never minded them), but yes, the Browns are certainly preferable to the Steelers. Still, Mayfield just rubs me the wrong way.

You're letting Mayfield rub you?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 04:10 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Can the statue have him on a horse? I like statues of a man on a horse.

I think it should be Drew Sample instead of a horse.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A statue of Zac? Absolutely! It will give us something to tear down later.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:08 AM)Roland Wrote: I still have no faith in Zack Taylor but this probably secures his job next year.  It's so frustrating that he only figures out that he needs to establish a run game after he's gotten our franchise quarterback hurt.

I really hope that this game will hit reset on our jinx against the Steelers and in Prime Time.   Come to think of it, this game ended exactly the way our '15 playoff game against them *should* have ended.

This.  And it really ticks me off.  They did this at the end of last year, establishing the run, and played so much better.  Then this year he gets a shiny new toy and promptly drives him into the ground.  I still blame Burrow's injury on his ignorance.

ZT will be back next year, no doubt about it.  My guess is Turner will be fired, and should be.  Lou on the other hand seems to be figuring out how to be a decent defensive coordinator.  Might be a little late for him because the fans will demand change but I wouldn't be too happy if he was retained.  That defense was playing with fire last night, and really have played well over the last month.

Beating the Steelers can change a lot of views around here...  Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: A statue of Zac? Absolutely! It will give us something to tear down later.

It should be easy because it will be made of Mikey's used popsicle sticks.

[Image: th?id=OIP.QCiWGb_sWIZCllbQrq703wHaEK&pid...=317&h=179]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:05 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  And it really ticks me off.  They did this at the end of last year, establishing the run, and played so much better.  Then this year he gets a shiny new toy and promptly drives him into the ground.  I still blame Burrow's injury on his ignorance.

ZT will be back next year, no doubt about it.  My guess is Turner will be fired, and should be.  Lou on the other hand seems to be figuring out how to be a decent defensive coordinator.  Might be a little late for him because the fans will demand change but I wouldn't be too happy if he was retained.  That defense was playing with fire last night, and really have played well over the last month.

Beating the Steelers can change a lot of views around here...  Wink

id keep luo over taylor if i had to keep 1
Reply/Quote
If only one gets the ax, it has to be Turner.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:28 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If only one gets the ax, it has to be Turner.

but doesnt turner design the run game?

It was that and the defense that won the night...
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:17 AM)Trademark Wrote: This might be the turnaround this team has needed. For the first time they didn't play scared against the Steelers

We beat the Titans then proceeded to lose. Jets beat Rams. Giants beat Seahawks.

This happens in the NFL. Let's just enjoy it. We still have major problems.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We beat the Titans then proceeded to lose. Jets beat Rams. Giants beat Seahawks.

This happens in the NFL. Let's just enjoy it. We still have major problems.

True..But still this was a major accomplishment
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: put the crack pipe down...  ZT isnt getting a statue for his 5th win in 2 years. and you know finally doing the job he is paid millions to do

(12-22-2020, 10:00 AM)Interceptor Wrote: A statue of Zac? Absolutely! It will give us something to tear down later.

Why not? They petitioned and won getting a Columbus statue removed near me.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:58 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: The thing is, I continue to see the Bengals play hard.  I saw it last year, too.  There are plenty of half-legit excuses the team should've been deflated prior to even getting on the field, including yet another QB out, Atkins moving to IR, etc.  

I dunno.  I get that wins are all that matter, so I don't want to start that whole thing again.     

I despise this take. The players have performance incentives in their contracts. Fringe players need good tape to stay in the league another year. Saying they “still play hard” is because if they want a paycheck they have to play hard. It makes no difference who the incompetent coach is that’s calling the shots.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:03 AM)cj1895 Wrote: I despise this take. The players have performance incentives in their contracts. Fringe players need good tape to stay in the league another year. Saying they “still play hard” is because if they want a paycheck they have to play hard. It makes no difference who the incompetent coach is that’s calling the shots.

Yeah...Jets beat the Rams. Bad teams play hard. They arent going to quit and put it on tape.

I feel like they borderline quit in the Dolphin game in the 2nd half...and the mistakes against the Cowboys looked like they didnt have focus.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why not? They petitioned and won getting a Columbus statue removed near me.

building and removing statues arent the same.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 12:03 AM)cj1895 Wrote: I despise this take. The players have performance incentives in their contracts. Fringe players need good tape to stay in the league another year. Saying they “still play hard” is because if they want a paycheck they have to play hard. It makes no difference who the incompetent coach is that’s calling the shots.

I've seen plenty of games where whole teams just lay down and it's obvious they aren't putting in any effort when they are losing . 
Reply/Quote