Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked the 10th Draft Spot, What Now?!
So I had the third choice on draft position in our ten-team league, which 1st and 5th were the first two picks, so I got 10th, which is exactly where I wanted, but tell me if I'm approaching it right:

I wanted ten all-along, but then, as I was on the clock today to pick my draft spot, I almost flipped and took #6 so I could hopefully get Zeke Elliot.

I'm thinking that this is the year of the resurgence of the fantasy RB, so I'm hoping that Zeke falls to 10 because then I could go Zeke and (1) Gronk or (2) AJ because both (Gronk and AJ) are pretty safe bets. There's also a chance that Gurley or David Johnson fall to ten, which I'd take them in that order.

However, I'm planning on taking Gronk and AJ if everything falls like it should (which likely won't happen because, just like the real draft, there's always a few surprise first round picks).

Assuming it does fall with me taking AJ and Gronk, who should I grab when it comes back around? I have to take AT LEAST one RB with one of my next two picks, right? The problem is that I don't like any of the RBs slated to go around that area: Hyde, Forte, Mathews (might like him), CJ Anderson, and I could reach for Doug Martin by 6 or 7 picks, but I'm trying to avoid reaching early on.

Any ideas on backs I can get around there?

Any receivers?

Hoping to grab Palmer at the start of 7, and hopefully a Cards' receivers or two a bit earlier, and then hoping to grab Brady at some point because I'll get double points with Gronk and hoping Brady falls because of suspension (and I'll reach if I get Palmer first because I think they'll both be breakout QBs in a year when QBs are going late. Might even go back-to-back if I have a solid base already and then have great trade bait).

What do you think of my strategy? Have any opinions or suggestions for better ideas or for later rounds?
Reply/Quote
Pick the best player available the first few rounds then grab your sleepers. Doesn't matter if you pick 1st or last as long as you pick the best. That's my strategy.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Hyde should've been a round 3 priority (if he was there). He's going to be a running machine in SF.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I recommend taking a sure thing round 1... ive been burned by rookie rbs before
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I recommend taking a sure thing round 1...   ive been burned by rookie rbs before

I keep going back and forth to different ideas.

Do I take Bell if he's there and do I trust Gronk to stay healthy?
Reply/Quote