Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pissburgh predictability
So it seems that Tomlin and Canada are all butthurt about Pratt's post-game comment about how predictable they are. In other words, their coaches lack imagination.

Mooning

Actually there are many ways the Stoolers are predictable. Here's another one: They will take at least one blatant cheap shot -- like spearing our QB while he's on the ground -- and officials will look the other way.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So it seems that Tomlin and Canada are all butthurt about Pratt's post-game comment about how predictable they are.  In other words, their coaches lack imagination.

Mooning

Actually there are many ways the Stoolers are predictable.  Here's another one:  They will take at least one blatant cheap shot -- like spearing our QB while he's on the ground -- and officials will look the other way.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious LMAO LMAO LMAO HappyHappyHappy Tongue CoolYesYes:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
STeelers fans agree with Germaine Pratt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So it seems that Tomlin and Canada are all butthurt about Pratt's post-game comment about how predictable they are.  In other words, their coaches lack imagination.

Mooning

Actually there are many ways the Stoolers are predictable.  Here's another one:  They will take at least one blatant cheap shot -- like spearing our QB while he's on the ground -- and officials will look the other way.

I wish Pratt would have called them out on that crap. Good to see Tomlin get butt hurt.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: STeelers fans agree with Germaine Pratt

So did the ballwashing announcers!  
Reply/Quote
Steelers scored a season high 30 points on us (2nd highest is 23 points from our first meeting). Not sure I’d be calling that garbage offense predicable if they dropped 30 on me…I’d shut my mouth and move on to next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Steelers scored a season high 30 points on us (2nd highest is 23 points from our first meeting). Not sure I’d be calling that garbage offense predicable if they dropped 30 on me…I’d shut my mouth and move on to next week.

They essentially shut them out in the 2nd half. 3 was from turnover already in field goal range, and 7 was garbage time. It’s a very deceptive 30. 1st half bad, 2nd half was good,
Reply/Quote
I think the steelers hate the bengals the most. I never see them really start crap with baltimore and cleveland. It's like they specifically hate cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 12:42 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: So it seems that Tomlin and Canada are all butthurt about Pratt's post-game comment about how predictable they are. In other words, their coaches lack imagination.

Mooning

Actually there are many ways the Stoolers are predictable. Here's another one: They will take at least one blatant cheap shot -- like spearing our QB while he's on the ground -- and officials will look the other way.

Where can this be seen? I’m thirsty.
Reply/Quote
Tomlin and Canada should read Steeler’ message boards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Every time we play them one of our players gets a concussion.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They essentially shut them out in the 2nd half. 3 was from turnover already in field goal range, and 7 was garbage time. It’s a very deceptive 30. 1st half bad, 2nd half was good,

30 points is 30 points. They haven’t scored that against anyone else all year. Other games have turnovers and garbage time. Doesn’t matter if it was 30 in the first half and none in the 2nd. Our defense should not be proud of that performance and definitely shouldn’t be talking after it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 05:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 30 points is 30 points. They haven’t scored that against anyone else all year. Other games have turnovers and garbage time. Doesn’t matter if it was 30 in the first half and none in the 2nd. Our defense should not be proud of that performance and definitely shouldn’t be talking after it.

so I take it you're not a fan of Lou Anorumo? Because his signature is letting teams do what they want in the first half, and shutting them down in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 06:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so I take it you're not a fan of Lou Anorumo? Because his signature is letting teams do what they want in the first half, and shutting them down in the 2nd

No I’m a fan, but in what world is giving up a season high points to one of the 5 worst offenses in football a good game? Steelers have scored 20 points or less in EVERY game this season EXCEPT the two they played us where they scored 23 and now 30. The first one went to OT and woulda been won by us only giving up 20 if we don’t have the freak LS injury, so I can live with that. This one? 20 points at halftime? 30 overall? Against a team that is 2-6 vs everybody not from Cincinnati? We very nearly lost that game and it would have 100% been on the defense.

That was the worst defensive showing from the Bengals this year, without question. And Pratt wants to brag that we knew what was coming? If we knew, why’d you give up 30 freaking points to that scrub QB?

I can’t believe on this negative board, that people are thrilled after that showing. I’m happy we won, offensive did well, but don’t talk shit after that performance defensively against a bad Pittsburgh team. Thank God we got a win and play better next week or we will be back in the L column.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 06:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No I’m a fan, but in what world is giving up a season high points to one of the 5 worst offenses in football a good game? Steelers have scored 20 points or less in EVERY game this season EXCEPT the two they played us where they scored 23 and now 30. The first one went to OT and woulda been won by us only giving up 20 if we don’t have the freak LS injury, so I can live with that. This one? 20 points at halftime? 30 overall? Against a team that is 2-6 vs everybody not from Cincinnati? We very nearly lost that game and it would have 100% been on the defense.

That was the worst defensive showing from the Bengals this year, without question. And Pratt wants to brag that we knew what was coming? If we knew, why’d you give up 30 freaking points to that scrub QB?

I can’t believe on this negative board, that people are thrilled after that showing. I’m happy we won, offensive did well, but don’t talk shit after that performance defensively against a bad Pittsburgh team. Thank God we got a win and play better next week or we will be back in the L column.

the last pittsburgh touchdown was garbage time. But please, keep ignoring that. And keep ignoring the absolute shut out in the 2nd half

btw, this team has very weak outside cornerbacks now that Awuzie is gone. Things arent gonna be as pretty as they once were with him out
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 06:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the last pittsburgh touchdown was garbage time. But please, keep ignoring that. And keep ignoring the absolute shut out in the 2nd half

btw, this team has very weak outside cornerbacks now that Awuzie is gone. Things arent gonna be as pretty as they once were with him out

Garbage time? They still got a shot at an onsides kick with time to go score if they were successful. If they convert on that you think the D stops them when they get the ball near midfield? I wouldn’t bet a penny on that the way they played all game and the series right before. Not like we were up 30 or something. I don’t consider it garbage time when all they have to do is cover one onsides kick to be able to force OT or win it.

I know we are weak at CB, but we should be able to keep the bad teams in check. ESPECIALLY when we know what plays the other team is going to run. If we can’t do that against Kenny Pickett of all people, we are in serious trouble when we face a team with a semi-respectable offense. We let Kenny Pickett score on 4 out of his first 5 possessions. That’s bad even for a defense that doesn’t lock in until the 2nd half. You can’t ignore 4/5 scores against a bad offense. It’s one thing when it’s Mahomes and the Chiefs. This is very different.

I certainly wouldn’t be opening my mouth if I were Pratt, but you guys can keep enjoying talking shit to a terrible team our defense gave up season high points to. I understand the desire and all since it’s Pittsburgh. It just isn’t for me, not this time around. Different circumstances and I’d be right there with you
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Where can this be seen? I’m thirsty.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/mike-tomlin-matt-canada-respond-germaine-pratt-comments-steelers-predictable-offense
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think the steelers hate the bengals the most. I never see them really start crap with baltimore and cleveland. It's like they specifically hate cincinnati

Winning 4 out of the last 6 against them -- including the last two in front of the towel-waving yinzers -- has got their attention.  Also, Vonn Bell spoke to JuJu in language they can understand.

But they can never hate us as much as we hate them.
Reply/Quote

Mooning

Love it. Nice thread Speedy. The stealer's also always need help from the refs to win and this is also predictable. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 06:27 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No I’m a fan, but in what world is giving up a season high points to one of the 5 worst offenses in football a good game? Steelers have scored 20 points or less in EVERY game this season EXCEPT the two they played us where they scored 23 and now 30. The first one went to OT and woulda been won by us only giving up 20 if we don’t have the freak LS injury, so I can live with that. This one? 20 points at halftime? 30 overall? Against a team that is 2-6 vs everybody not from Cincinnati? We very nearly lost that game and it would have 100% been on the defense.

The Defense does need to look at themselves as the culprit in almost losing a game that shouldn't of been that close
instead of talking shit, I do agree with that. But the refs helped the stealers out big time to get back in this game and 
the Defense did play pretty damn good in the 2nd half. But like you said, nothing to brag about going against that shitty
Offense. Need to shut down the Titans and their run game and be quiet about it.

Pratt played great though in that game, so if one player could of talked a little shit, it is him. So I am not that critical in
this instance. I like the beat their asses and be classy approach the best, don't be like that scum.
Reply/Quote