Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh: 1 penalty, 5 yards.
Not the reason they lost, but just let that sink in.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Did you expect an evenly called game against them? I didnt.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not the reason they lost, but just let that sink in.
OH Just Stop It, everybody.....We got beat in the trenches.....Against Steelers we always get beat in the trenches.....Yesterday they beat us in the trenches on offense and defense......Pittsburg wins all the time and it's not really even a rivalry game anymore. Rivalry means the teams record against each other is about 50 / 50.   The Steelers have dominated the Bengals with the Bengals winning only a few times in their 50 year history....So lets quit batching and moaning about the refs, OK, GIVE IT A BREAK......Yesterday the better team won.  We got beat in the D trenches and our O Line was a joke.  How some of you think you can get killed in the trenches and expect to win is beyond me......You said it right to start, the refs were " NOT THE REASON THEY LOST "....OK, so lets not batch about the refs. 

I'm going to add Steelers score was a lot of field goals and our D kept them out of end zone in spite of our no offense. With our offense, Steelers should have scored 50 points. I lay the blame on the O Line that kept our D on the field all game which causes fatigue. Our O Line stinks, and THAT I blame on Mike Brown who over the decades tries to go cheap on the O Line and the problem is Super Bowl teams have good O Lines as we had in 1981 and 1988, but BUNGLES teams have Mike Brown cheap O lines and the team doesn't have a chance of winning.

Yesterday DeMarco dominated us in the trenches. He was the best on the board but Mike Brown thought it was too high for a guard and took Kirkpatrick and later Zeitler. Of course Mike Brown refused to pay Zeitler as he refused to pay Max Montoya and Steinbach, so had he drafted DeMarco he would be on another team just as Zeitler. ...I'm going to make it very clear. Mike Brown drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher isn't working. Neither are Mike Browns guards and center. The entire O Line stinks, Mike Browns line.....Mike Browns line...It Stinks....Easily the worst O line in NFL in 2017, so don't expect many wins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Apparently they are allowed to line up offsides now too
Reply/Quote
I said the same thing in a couple other threads.
Does anyone here really believe that the reason Pig Pen didn't get sacked, or hardly TOUCHED is that
their OL is that good? The Bengals DL isn't a bunch of scrubs. Imagine what a couple of sacks could have done to momentum.
Reply/Quote
I saw two helmet to helmet hits by the ps defense that were not called.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We got beat but we still......

never get any calls and will never get any calls....

Ive learned to accept this
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not the reason they lost, but just let that sink in.

Not the reason they lost - but IT CERTAINLY DIDN'T HELP.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:32 AM)kevin Wrote: OH Just Stop It, everybody.....We got beat in the trenches.....Against Steelers we always get beat in the trenches.....Yesterday they beat us in the trenches on offense and defense......Pittsburg wins all the time and it's not really even a rivalry game anymore. Rivalry means the teams record against each other is about 50 / 50.   The Steelers have dominated the Bengals with the Bengals winning only a few times in their 50 year history....So lets quit batching and moaning about the refs, OK, GIVE IT A BREAK......Yesterday the better team won.  We got beat in the D trenches and our O Line was a joke.  How some of you think you can get killed in the trenches and expect to win is beyond me......You said it right to start, the refs were " NOT THE REASON THEY LOST "....OK, so lets not batch about the refs. 

I'm going to add Steelers score was a lot of field goals and our D kept them out of end zone in spite of our no offense. With our offense, Steelers should have scored 50 points.  I lay the blame on the O Line that kept our D on the field all game which causes fatigue. Our O Line stinks, and THAT I blame on Mike Brown who over the decades tries to go cheap on the O Line and the problem is Super Bowl teams have good O Lines as we had in 1981 and 1988, but BUNGLES teams have Mike Brown cheap O lines and the team doesn't have a chance of winning.

Yesterday DeMarco dominated us in the trenches. He was the best on the board but Mike Brown thought it was too high for a guard and took Kirkpatrick and later Zeitler.  Of course Mike Brown refused to pay Zeitler as he refused to pay Max Montoya and Steinbach, so had he drafted DeMarco he would be on another team just as Zeitler.  ...I'm going to make it very clear. Mike Brown drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher isn't working.  Neither are Mike Browns guards and center.  The entire O Line stinks, Mike Browns line.....Mike Browns line...It Stinks....Easily the worst O line in NFL in 2017, so don't expect many wins.

I said the same thing you did in one sentence, lol. As TomKat said, not the reason they lost, but didn't help. Interestingly, the Steelers own a lot of records when it comes to having "no penalties" in a game. They're the last team to have no penalties in a game, 2012 against the Cowboys in OT.

If you don't think the Steelers are dirty at all and the cleanest team in football (lol) you might believe the low penalty stats.

Interestingly there are a few teams in the league who only average 4ish penalties a game. Bengals have work to do.

We got crushed yesterday either way. Coach needs to go or answer why Mixon didn't get to run in the 2nd half. There is no answer for that, his blocking is suspect but then hand him the ball and see what happens.
Reply/Quote

If everything had truly been called against them:
9 penalties, 85 yards (not real, just trying to point out they get a lot of no-calls)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I always thought pi had to be a catchable ball??? But that wouldn't have mattered anyways, Marvin got schooled by a better team. They need to clean house and since the season is pretty much over might as well start now
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If everything had truly been called against them:
9 penalties, 85 yards (not real, just trying to point out they get a lot of no-calls)

There's a segment of us on this forum that believe that and another that does not. We're not saying it's why we lost, we were crushed out there lol, but it doesn't help to appear to be handicapped. Not the first occurrence. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:43 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I always thought pi had to be a catchable ball??? But that wouldn't have mattered anyways, Marvin got schooled by a better team. They need to clean house and since the season is pretty much over might as well start now

Right, Romo said he thought it was going to be holding. That should have been a holding call, I wonder what the refs had in their circle conversation. Would be funny to be allowed to mic that shit up. They must have thought it was catch-able if the WR went full speed.

Doesn't excuse for the piss poor play Dre K. has shown me for years now. He can't cover, he can't tackle, what's his purpose other than to be the weakest link that QBs throw at when they're in trouble.
Reply/Quote
As with everyone, we all know the penalties aren't what lost it for us, but:

- Dunlap was double-teamed and then subsequently tackled before a pass was thrown. No holding.
- One of Bell's 10+ yard runs, Vigil has his hands in the air, in front of Bell while attempting to tackle, no holding.
- Hands to the face on Fisher RIGHT WHERE THE PLAY WAS AND IN FRONT OF THE REF. No call.

And there were many more, these are just the first three off the top of my head.

I'm amazed that they called the hold on 'dre; defensive holding on lineman is NEVER called but they actually got it right.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Right, Romo said he thought it was going to be holding. That should have been a holding call, I wonder what the refs had in their circle conversation. Would be funny to be allowed to mic that shit up. They must have thought it was catch-able if the WR went full speed.

Doesn't excuse for the piss poor play Dre K. has shown me for years now. He can't cover, he can't tackle, what's his purpose other than to be the weakest link that QBs throw at when they're in trouble.

Stop it.

Dre had a great game and the one catch he gave up, he slipped on.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:52 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

Stop what? Dre K is no good. I'm not the only one, I'm not sure how you're going to back up those stats when he's consistently picked on. Are you calling his PI a slip? In all cases it's a first and 5 for a TD because of him. Most games are decided on stupid plays like that. It doesn't really matter who the player is.

The reffing was bad, Steelers should have gotten a TO with 7 seconds left. Wonder what that excuse was. Visible difference between Tomlin getting irate and Marvin clapping saying let's go in one of those instances he should have been infuriated yesterday.
Reply/Quote
You are right but yesterday we just got smoked by a superior franchise, superior coaches and superior players.

We need to hire the Steelers assistant o line coach to teach our lineman to hold since they sure as hell cannot block.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:52 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

Do we have another dre on defense that I don't know about????
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, this wasn't flagged because he wears piss and yellow.

[Image: 8nww5nechotz.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote