Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pittsburgh Dad
(01-16-2018, 11:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Would that make Tom Brady their mom?

Why can't it be two dads?   Ninja

But either way, Pitt gets to watch their parents both play Sunday.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 09:17 AM)Beaker Wrote: Still waiting on this week's edition of steeler dad.

You a fan?  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:41 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You a fan?  

Not speaking for Beaker, but I'm somewhat of a fan.  This will be my fourth one this year. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 02:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not speaking for Beaker, but I'm somewhat of a fan.  This will be my fourth one this year. 

He's pretty funny, especially if you grew up in or near Pittsburgh (I grew up 90 miles east). 
Reply/Quote
Here we go:

https://youtu.be/YHv1Ld2P23Q
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:04 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Here we go:

Pretty good!   Smirk

His 70's - 80's references always amuse me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:04 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Here we go:

I watched a few of his non-Steelers videos.  They are actually a bit funnier.  I didn't know anyone outside of Cincinnati said "warsh".

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I watched a few of his non-Steelers videos.  They are actually a bit funnier.  I didn't know anyone outside of Cincinnati said "warsh".

Oh god...my grandmother always said that.  And the dread "yunz".

My dad never did and my sister and I don't either.

And she didn't grow up anywhere near Pittsburgh.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh god...my grandmother always said that.  And the dread "yunz".

My dad never did and my sister and I don't either.

And she didn't grow up anywhere near Pittsburgh.  

I got the "warsh" out of my system, but if I'm not paying attention I still say tore-lit. (toilet)

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 11:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I misread the title I thought it said Pittsburgh's Dad. I was expecting to see a thread on Blake Bortles.

Bump worthy. 

Blake "Freakin" Bortles ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Pretty good!   Smirk

His 70's - 80's references always amuse me.

Yeah that one from the old Christopher Reeve Superman movies was a bit obscure, but I loved it.  

Also loved that he got in one last 'Jesse James caught that pass!' at the end there.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Bump worthy. 

Blake "Freakin" Bortles ! 

Yep.  It is what it is, and life goes on.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I got the "warsh" out of my system, but if I'm not paying attention I still say tore-lit. (toilet)

My Mom thinks the nation's capital is 'Warshington, DC". "Warsh" was part of her lexicon as well. She grew up in Western Pa, about 80 miles from Pittsburgh. It might be an Appalacian thing. She comes from a big coal mining region that might have a lot of cultural things in common with parts of southern Ohio/Kentucky.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:52 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: My Mom thinks the nation's capital is 'Warshington, DC". She grew up in Western Pa, about 80 miles from Pittsburgh.  It might be an Appalacian thing.  She comes from a big coal mining region that might have a lot of cultural things in common with parts of southern Ohio/Kentucky.

I live in Lexington (Ky). Several years ago a friend of mine was writing out directions to his house for a card game (this was long before GPS), and he literally wrote "turn right at the car warsh". LOL.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I got the "warsh" out of my system, but if I'm not paying attention I still say tore-lit. (toilet)

I use "warsh" all the time, as well as a bunch of other alternate pronounciations. For no reason other than i was and am still a huge Angry Beavers fan. 

And my personal preference is "ter-lit".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I use "warsh" all the time, as well as a bunch of other alternate pronounciations. For no reason other than i was and am still a huge Angry Beavers fan. 

And my personal preference is "ter-lit".

OK I'm personally showing the door to any plumber who says "ter-lit".

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK I'm personally showing the door to any plumber who says "ter-lit".

It's a southern thing, man. Or, as i like to say...sow-thern.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 09:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a southern thing, man. Or, as i like to say...sow-thern.

You work in Norwood.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:44 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I live in Lexington (Ky). Several years ago a friend of mine was writing out directions to his house for a card game (this was long before GPS), and he literally wrote "turn right at the car warsh". LOL.

Don’t be too judgmental. There’s a 50/50 chance that’s what the sign said.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 10:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You work in Norwood.

Yes. But i live in Kentucky.

Reply/Quote