Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh SB bid
Pittsburgh has put in their bid for SB 57 at Heinz Field. Heinz 57.... well played.

Brilliant, and I hope they get it. More cold weather teams getting a SB is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with the SB being played in cold weather, but I was shocked that the NFL did it.

The people who attend the Super Bowl in person are not typical football fans. They are more a bunch of rich people who are there to be seen and party instead of root for their team.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh doesn't have enough hotels and no parking space. The only parking lot for the stadium would be turned into the big gated fan zone. Plus you never know about Bane.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There field is shit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes their field is horrible.

As far as Super Bowls. They should rotate between Miami, Tampa, LA, Arizona, New Orleans, San Diego.

Ridiculous to have it anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 02:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes their field is horrible.  

As far as Super Bowls.   They should rotate between Miami, Tampa, LA, Arizona, New Orleans, San Diego.  

Ridiculous to have it anywhere else.

I would add Indy, Dallas, Houston, and Minnesota to the list.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 02:55 AM)J24 Wrote: I would add Indy, Dallas, Houston, and Minnesota to the list.

I almost added Houston. The rest seem that they would be too cold. The city is supposed to be fun to attend the game and the week before.

Indy is a dome but it's still cold. And Minny is an open stadium. Way too cold there .
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I almost added Houston.   The rest seem that they would be too cold.   The city is supposed to be fun to attend the game and the week before.    

Indy is a dome but it's still cold.   And Minny is an open stadium.   Way too cold there .

Minny is getting a new stadium in 16 and it already has won a super bowl bid for it and  the stadium looks sweet. Indy had the super bowl in 12 and everyone that went said they did well.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The city is supposed to be fun to attend the game and the week before.    

Why do you care about the experience of a crowd that is predominantly filled with morons that couldn't even name a player on one of the teams participating in the SB?  
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I almost added Houston.   The rest seem that they would be too cold.   The city is supposed to be fun to attend the game and the week before.    

Again, I don't care, but from the NFL perspective this is correct.

It can also cause a lot of travel problems if you have the game in a big city and the airport gets shut down with a bad winter storm.

And you could add Atlanta to the list.
Reply/Quote
I realize that the Super Bowl has become the epitome of marketing and greed in America. 

However, it would be nice to see the emphasis put back on the team's actual fans.  Each team should receive 40% of the tickets, to offer to their season ticket holders and casual fans.  Let the rich outbid each other, for those remaining 20%.  I also feel like game should be held in Stadium of higher seeded participant, like the old NFL Championship Games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Indy is a dome but it's still cold.   And Minny is an open stadium.   Way too cold there .

Yes, but the Super Bowl is a huge money-maker for the team and city so places want to host it.  If it can only be played in a dome then the reason to build domes increases and perhaps we stop seeing football played outdoors.  Or at least every cold-weather team would build a dome so they don't miss out on a chance to host and make that sweet, sweet lucre.
Reply/Quote
I went to Super Bowl XLI in 2007 held in Miami. It was a blast. Walking the warm beach and women in bikinis during February. Would not go to a cold weather SB.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that the Super Bowl has become the epitome of marketing and greed in America. 

However, it would be nice to see the emphasis put back on the team's actual fans.  Each team should receive 40% of the tickets, to offer to their season ticket holders and casual fans.  Let the rich outbid each other, for those remaining 20%.  I also feel like game should be held in Stadium of higher seeded participant, like the old NFL Championship Games.

^^^ This

I don't know about tickets and bidding, but I'm in favor of the team with the better record hosting the Super Bowl.  It's never gonna happen, but it would seem more like a championship game and less like an event.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them get it. Pittsburgh is a great football city and I think cold weather teams need more of an opportunity to land that big game. Miami, New Orleans, etc already get a shit ton of revenue in the cold weather months....let some of the northern cities reap the benefits of hosting a Super Bowl.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd love to see a cold weather SB. That would be fun.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote