Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pittsburgh Steelers Foul Play - A Visual History
Im tired of the Steelers acting like they are the victims when it comes to cheap shots and dirty play. There is a narrative around the league that the Bengals are a dirty team and the poor Steelers are the victim. They are hypocrites when it comes to pointing out the Bengals dirty play (which there has been at times, admittedly)  and ignoring their own. These cases and videos below show a common theme and thread over the years. Steeler's injuring other players, breaking the rules, and playing bush league football.
The Steeler's have a long history of being dirty and below is just a few examples of a more recent visual history of just that.

Kimo Von Ohelhoffen goes low on Carson Palmer in 2005 playoff game. Only Kimo knows if it was dirty or not, but it was a low, diving, hit at the knees.

Hines Ward hit on Kevin Huber in 2013. Ward hit defenseless punter Kevin Huber in the jaw/neck area. Huber broke his jaw and his neck. There was no flag on the play but the NFL later came out and said it was an illegal hit.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/injury/2013/12/17/5221894/nfl-confirms-that-steelers-hit-on-bengals-punter-kevin-huber-was

This also caused the NFL to institute the "Hines Ward" rule:
The blocking rule makes illegal a blindside block if it comes from the blocker's helmet, forearm or shoulder and lands to the head or neck area of the defender.

Mike Tomlin tripping Jacoby Jones in 2013. No, Tomlin didnt actually trip Jacoby Jones, but he obviously inpeeded him. Tomlin knew exactly what he was trying to do, you can tell by the look on his face. Bush league.

Mike Munchack pulls Reggie Nelson's hair in 2015 playoffs. This is just so pathetic I dont even know what to say. This is just such a ***** move and so bush league.

Mike Mitchell twisted the knee/leg of Chiefs running back. Mike Mitchell isn't dirty? Right guys? The NFL is the one to blame for his constant cheap shots and head shots.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Mike Mitchell dives at Alex Smith's legs.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ben Rothlisberger twists Emmanual Ogbah's ankle. I thought Burfict was the only guy who twists ankles? Looks like thats more of a Steeler's thing.

[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Ryan Shazier's hit on Gio Bernard in the 2015 playoff game. Another helmet to helmet hit. This is getting repetitive.

Hines Ward hit on Keith Rivers. Ward broke River's jaw on this play. Although there wasn't a flag or fine, Ward has a history of these kinds of hits. Just ridiculous. You don't see that kind of crap with ANY other player in the league.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, the media and casual fans in general back winners. The Steelers win. The Bengals lose.

It's as simple as that. The Bengals have earned their reputation for being a loser for 26+ years...
Reply/Quote
Both posts are dead on true.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 12:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, the media and casual fans in general back winners. The Steelers win. The Bengals lose.

It's as simple as that. The Bengals have earned their reputation for being a loser for 26+ years...

Combine that with the fact that the Steelers have one of the largest - if not THE largest - bandwagon fan base.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
See all that shit they get away with? We have ONE guy doing the same thing and the refs target him. The Steelers have 11 guys doing that and the refs don't do shit. I wouldn't mind an anal ref in the game calling everything out. It will magnify who is really dirty and who isn't.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 12:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Combine that with the fact that the Steelers have one of the largest - if not THE largest - bandwagon fan base.

Yeah...It's nearly impossible to recover from the 90's here. It really is.

But, they shouldn't have let them happen in the 1st place.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: See all that shit they get away with? We have ONE guy doing the same thing and the refs target him. The Steelers have 11 guys doing that and the refs don't do shit. I wouldn't mind an anal ref in the game calling everything out. It will magnify who is really dirty and who isn't.

Because they win.

NOBODY defends the loser. IF we won perennially...we'd get away with the same stuff.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Because they win.

NOBODY defends the loser. IF we won perennially...we'd get away with the same stuff.

They win because the refs look the other way when a lot of shit should have been called.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:35 PM)Interceptor Wrote: They win because the refs look the other way when a lot of shit should have been called.

They have won their fair share with the shenanigans, no question.  It isn't just us they cheap shot......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: They have won their fair share with the shenanigans, no question.  It isn't just us they cheap shot......

And that is what I am talking about.

Steelers pull that crap, refs say "Oh, that's the way they always played, so no foul."

Any other team doing the SLIGHTEST infraction, refs call foul.

In Green's TD run, just how much jersey did Gio grab to hinder the progress of that player????

I mean, I'm looking at AB's run where Huber got his jaw broke and there were at least TWO infractions that was in plain sight that were not called on the Steelers. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
There are a lot more dirty plays littered through their history. I'll try to add to this when I get home. Would be nice to just provide this link anytime a Steelers fan whines about the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
you forgot Brown kicking dude in the face on a kickoff return

Tomlin trying to Trip a raven.

Or we just doing vs the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Because they win.

how to dethrone the Champ when they cheat and aren't playing by the same rules according to ref actions as the rest of us.
Reply/Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/59p9w7/fuck_mike_mitchell/

https://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/vines-hold-on-a-second-15117710/

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict-leveon-bell-injury-110315 - This is where it really started to go south for Burfict.

For shits and giggles watch these back to back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTq4-aHtVCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0az_xtFyJmE

This guy does this for all teams but this will make you feel better if you pretend he doesn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmp4uKwveX4&index=14&list=FLKyFok7QV1FHA_et_xAE_AQ

Ps Hines Ward didn't break Hubers jaw. It was Terence Garvin .

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There are a lot more dirty plays littered through their history. I'll try to add to this when I get home. Would be nice to just provide this link anytime a Steelers fan whines about the Bengals.

I already know their response: "But Burfict ..." Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how to dethrone the Champ when they cheat and aren't playing by the same rules according to ref actions as the rest of us.

Welll...one way is to hold onto a 17-0 lead for one.

Favorable calls aside, how many passes did Green and Lafell drop? How many wide open Steelers WR's were there? How many Bengals did Bell truck?

Officiating isn't the reason the Steelers own us. Poor play by the Bengals is.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Welll...one way is to hold onto a 17-0 lead for one.

Favorable calls aside, how many passes did Green and Lafell drop? How many wide open Steelers WR's were there? How many Bengals did Bell truck?

You are just so all about the Steelers.  I find it sickening. 

And the terrible call on the fictitious Gio hold cost the Bengals 4 points in a 3 point loss.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Maybe once you could resist taking a shot at the Bengals.  And I swear to God I'm going to make a t shirt with 26 years on it just for you.  Talk about a broken frigging record.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Welll...one way is to hold onto a 17-0 lead for one.

Not just talking about this last game...  where some phantom calls helped keep us out of the endzone and move the steelers much closer to theirs...

Not blowing a 17-0 lead isn't helped when the refs seemed determine to help the steelers back into the game. Bengals did their fair share to give it away as well but some of this shit is just bogus and happens every time.

But bad officiating again with the steelers cost us that playoff win.

The fumble on an illegal hit. (not fumble)
The fumble that wasn't a fumble
The Steeler TD that wasn't a TD.

They got those right and the last drive of the game wouldn't have mattered.

I know there is horrible officiating every game around the league it seems and it seems the last thing the league is interested in fixing.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There are a lot more dirty plays littered through their history. I'll try to add to this when I get home. Would be nice to just provide this link anytime a Steelers fan whines about the Bengals.

That was kind of my intention. Like a Steelers dirty play dictionary. 
Reply/Quote