Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Will Be The 6th Seed
They lose the tiebreaker with Kansas City (who faces Cleveland and Oakland at home). The Steelers face Baltimore and Cleveland on the road.

So, unless we beat Denver, it's almost a guaranteed Steelers at Bengals wild card game in week 18. Just three weeks after Dalton's injury.

It's the worst possible nightmare for Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: They lose the tiebreaker with Kansas City (who faces Cleveland and Oakland at home).  The Steelers face Baltimore and Cleveland on the road.

So, unless we beat Denver, it's almost a guaranteed Steelers at Bengals wild card game in week 18.  Just three weeks after Dalton's injury.

I was going to post this ....Kinda scary....We need Dalton back for that if it happens.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: They lose the tiebreaker with Kansas City (who faces Cleveland and Oakland at home).  The Steelers face Baltimore and Cleveland on the road.

So, unless we beat Denver, it's almost a guaranteed Steelers at Bengals wild card game in week 18.  Just three weeks after Dalton's injury.

So what?  We've beaten Pittsburgh this year.  We only lost to them last time because Dalton, Adam Jones, Eifert, and Iloka were all out.   They think they are better than they are.   If we hadn't lost Dalton we would have won.  This team should never  skulk away from a fight in fear.   That being said, there is still a lot of football to be played to determine the seeds.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We NEED to beat Denver. We need to. This game is gigantic.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So what?  We've beaten Pittsburgh this year.  We only lost to them last time because Dalton, Adam Jones, Eifert, and Iloka were all out.   They think they are better than they are.   If we hadn't lost Dalton we would have won.  This team should never  skulk away from a fight in fear.   That being said, there is still a lot of football to be played to determine the seeds.  

From what I saw yesterday + Pittsburgh's recent dominance in Cincinnati + Pittsburgh's recent play + this regime's playoff history, please don't tell me you like our chances if this scenario comes true.

The Bengals will be underdogs, in their own house.  Possibly giving a field goal.

Sure, we will have "an excuse" if Dalton can't return, but it's a kick in the gut if the best overall team we've had in 15 years gets knocked out by the damn Squeelers.
Reply/Quote

So maybe, if we don't beat Denver, it would be better to do just poor enough let Shitsburg win the AFCN and us get the #5 seed. Shitsburg would be the #3 seed so they'd play the #6 Chiefs and we'd play the #4 Texans (or the Dolts). If we win that game, we'd need to go to Foxboro but we'd need to go there eventually anyway even if we get the #2 seed.
Reply/Quote

and are you a Steelers Fan....I know a lot on this site are.....When did this become Steelers Message Boards and Steelers will be our worst nightmare ???......

Everybody you play in the play-offs is tough....it's that simple....Houston will be tough, New England and Denver will be tough, they all will be tough.....Bengals have # 4 offense with plenty of weapons even with McCarron, and Bengals have # 2 defense, A SUPER BOWL DEFENSE, and I knew that when we got MJ back to go with Gino healthy and Dunlap and Peko and everybody....BENGALS WILL BE OTHER TEAMS NIGHTMARES. 

Remember you don't live in Cleveland or Pittsburg, this is Bengals Boards
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm a Steelers fan...

What I am is a realist. A realist who doesn't want to lose a 5th straight opening playoff game. A realist who has been a Bengals fan my whole life and has seen the stars align for maximum heartbreak before.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just pointing out that...it's starting to happen again.
Reply/Quote
I can't think of a scenario I'd be licking my chops over more - than Cincinnati breaking this playoff win drought by squashing the overhyped Steelers! What could be a better day to be a Bengals fan than that?
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:55 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I can't think of a scenario I'd be licking my chops over more - than Cincinnati breaking this playoff win drought by squashing the overhyped Steelers!  What could be a better day to be a Bengals fan than that?

I agree with that too.  It would be sweet to knock them out after last week's embarrassment.

Dalton has to be back and close to 100% though.
Reply/Quote
Smashing the dog shit of the Steelers in the playoffs is exactly what this team needs to really turn the corner and get to the Super Bowl.

Never, ever, run and hide.

Bring them on! Attack!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Bring them on 

Reply/Quote
I don't think there's anything wrong with being concerned about having to play Pittsburgh in the 1st round. The Steelers are 12-2 at PBS in the Marvin era. A fact that makes me sick, but a fact nonetheless.

Having said that, you have to play whoever is put in front of you...and it would be sweet as hell to break the playoff victory drought by eliminating our most hated rival!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:55 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I can't think of a scenario I'd be licking my chops over more - than Cincinnati breaking this playoff win drought by squashing the overhyped Steelers!  What could be a better day to be a Bengals fan than that?

That would be awesome indeed.  However, what makes me nervous is that they will be out to hurt everyone from whomever starts at QB all the way down to the water boy. I'm afraid that we may win the battle but lose the war because half the team is lost to injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I don't think there's anything wrong with being concerned about having to play Pittsburgh in the 1st round. The Steelers are 12-2 at PBS in the Marvin era. A fact that makes me sick, but a fact nonetheless.

Having said that, you have to play whoever is put in front of you...and it would be sweet as hell to break the playoff victory drought by eliminating our most hated rival!

Well we beat them at their house this year so I have no worries that the makeup of this team knows they can beat them at home also.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:51 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: From what I saw yesterday + Pittsburgh's recent dominance in Cincinnati + Pittsburgh's recent play + this regime's playoff history, please don't tell me you like our chances if this scenario comes true.

The Bengals will be underdogs, in their own house.  Possibly giving a field goal.

Sure, we will have "an excuse" if Dalton can't return, but it's a kick in the gut if the best overall team we've had in 15 years gets knocked out by the damn Squeelers.

Oh you're right... just a *****. :)
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well we beat them at their house this year so I have no worries that the makeup of this team knows they can beat them at home also.  

We always play them tougher in Pittsburgh...6-7 there under Marvin, versus 2-12 at home. I don't know why they struggle so badly against them at PBS, but if they are the draw in the 1st game...let's hope that changes. Sending the Squealers home would be a great way to start off the new year.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We always play them tougher in Pittsburgh...6-7 there under Marvin, versus 2-12 at home. I don't know why they struggle so badly against them at PBS, but if they are the draw in the 1st game...let's hope that changes. Sending the Squealers home would be a great way to start off the new year.  ThumbsUp

Yeah, that's what worries me.  Our recent history with playing Pittsburgh in Cincinnati combined with our playoff performances doesn't instill a lot of confidence if we play Pittsburgh at home.  Maybe this will be the year that we put it all together and play well in the playoffs and come out with a win or two, or more!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: They lose the tiebreaker with Kansas City (who faces Cleveland and Oakland at home). The Steelers face Baltimore and Cleveland on the road.

So, unless we beat Denver, it's almost a guaranteed Steelers at Bengals wild card game in week 18. Just three weeks after Dalton's injury.

KC beats denver i bet...

But we just gotta take care of denver and secure our week off

(denver can still be bounced completely out of the playoffs)
Reply/Quote
If Dalton is Healthy then there is no team that the Bengals should fear. Also the Steelers defense is not great.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote