Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pittsburgh and Cleveland lose
(10-09-2022, 06:50 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who Dey

Let's hope they contain Lamar's big plays and that Zac runs a dynamic offense so we can win.

Yeah. That running back is dangerous.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 05:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Browns fans were trying to say Cade York is better than Money Mac... Gtfoh with that take mut fans..

In game 5 of his rookie year against the Packers, Money Mac missed 2 game winning field goals.  I'm not saying this kid is as good as Evan is but I wouldn't write him off because of 1 bad game in his rookie season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The stains might be the best 2-3 team I have ever seen.

Reply/Quote
Let’s hope Zac brings his A game on play calling tonight against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 06:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Did analytics say they should go for it? A little over 1 minute left, fourth and 2, Browns with no time outs, about five yards from Browns' field goal range if they don't make the first down, and the Browns probably unable to use their running game if punt to the other end of the field since no time outs. The Chargers going for it was about the only chance the Browns had. I can't imagine analytics said the play in that case is to try and get a first down. 

The 4th down model I follow gave it a “YOU HAD BETTER GO FOR THIS” classification. The reason being that if they convert, the game is immediately over, and they were given a 70% chance of converting. If they punted, they had a 77% chance of winning. If they went for it and failed, they had a 60% chance of winning.

The math essentially worked out to a choice between a guaranteed victory with high probability of conversion, or losing 17 win percentage points. The increase in win probability outweighed the loss in win probability, so that is why that classification was given to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 07:06 PM)pally Wrote: In game 5 of his rookie year against the Packers, Money Mac missed 2 game winning field goals.  I'm not saying this kid is as good as Evan is but I wouldn't write him off because of 1 bad game in his rookie season

Wind was a factor in that game though. That’s why Crosby missed his kicks as well.

Didn’t seem like that was the case today in Cleveland (from what i could tell). York just shanked them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 07:16 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The 4th down model I follow gave it a “YOU HAD BETTER GO FOR THIS” classification. The reason being that if they convert, the game is immediately over, and they were given a 70% chance of converting. If they punted, they had a 77% chance of winning. If they went for it and failed, they had a 60% chance of winning.

The math essentially worked out to a choice between a guaranteed victory with high probability of conversion, or losing 17 win percentage points. The increase in win probability outweighed the loss in win probability, so that is why that classification was given to it.

I have to say that is quite interesting. 
Reply/Quote
While I generally approve of rooting against Pittsburgh in all situations, and close to it for Cleveland (especially with the Haslams at the helm), I don't think either team is much of a threat this year. I'd have rather the Chargers or Bills took an L this week, to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The stains might be the best 2-3 team I have ever seen.

Or the worst.

[Image: chipmunk-dramatic.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 07:09 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The stains might be the best 2-3 team I have ever seen.

Their defense isn’t what it was advertised to be.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bengals lose a tough one. Now we are 2-3.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:38 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals lose a tough one. Now we are 2-3.

We have the Saints next week and the Ratbirds have the New York Football Giants.  We could both be 3-3 come 4:15 next Sunday.  Keep hope alive.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:39 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: We have the Saints next week and the Ratbirds have the New York Football Giants.  We could both be 3-3 come 4:15 next Sunday.  Keep hope alive.

Hope is alive, but we're in a position this year where the Steelers are rebuilding for the first time in 20 years and the Browns are down a starting QB for the first 11 games.  Add in that other NFL teams have done a pretty good job of beating the only team we should legimately have in our way of winning the division in the Ravens, and so far we are really looking this gift horse in the mouth.

Add in that we've played
instant lame duck Mitch Trubisky
Cooper Rush in his first start
a 57 year old Joe Flacco
Tua not knowing which planet he is on
and a Ravens QB who is a starter but also missed two wide open WRs for TDs

And our next slate of QBs is Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariotta, Jacoby Brisset, Baker Mayfield/Sam Darnold, a rookie Steelers QB, and Ryan Tannehill before we play against a QB who is likely to be employed as a starter next year.  Ok well, Pickett is here to stay but you get the idea.

Burrow should be leaving all these guys in the dust.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:39 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: We have the Saints next week and the Ratbirds have the New York Football Giants.  We could both be 3-3 come 4:15 next Sunday.  Keep hope alive.

The saints will kill this team. Baltimore is gonna run away with this division..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:55 AM)Tony Wrote: The saints will kill this team. Baltimore is gonna run away with this division..

didn't necessarily have us pegged as clear division winners anyway. If you'd have told me before the season that the Ravens win the divison, I wouldn't have been surprised.

But I did expect that we'd get a wildcard in that scenario... still can, but the offence really needs to get it together soon. Can't keep sleepwalking our way through games with 20 points or less until late in the 4th. We should be favoured in the next 6 games, so it's a real opportunity for the team to put a run together and get us in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 05:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals can move into 1st place tonight with a win over Baltimore

Every game the Bengals needed last week they got.  Every game the Bengals needed this week they got.  They couldn't get the job done in their own game with 10 days to rest and prepare.  

I'm over Taylor and I don't care if he makes it to another SB.  His play calling is ass.  He very likely cost us the win last night.  Stupid trick plays and not taking points.  

If I was Burrow I'd be depressed to knowing I was stuck with that idiot for at least another 4 years, if not his whole Bengal career, knowing the Bengals incompetence. 
Reply/Quote
I don;t think Steelers matter and the Browns still have not shown they can win consistent , we will see when they get Watson. Now the Ravens, you look at their rest of schedule they have saints, falcons, carolina, jacksonville and steelers 2x, is is probably 5 wins right there. We are probably playing for a WC now and it is not just Zac not needs to improve to get to WC
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:37 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Every game the Bengals needed last week they got.  Every game the Bengals needed this week they got.  They couldn't get the job done in their own game with 10 days to rest and prepare.  

I'm over Taylor and I don't care if he makes it to another SB.  His play calling is ass.  He very likely cost us the win last night.  Stupid trick plays and not taking points.  

If I was Burrow I'd be depressed to knowing I was stuck with that idiot for at least another 4 years, if not his whole Bengal career, knowing the Bengals incompetence. 

Burrow or Chase won't resign here. I don't blame then either...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow or Chase won't resign here. I don't blame then either...

[Image: anton-chigurh-no-country-for-old-men.gif]

Reply/Quote