Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood: New Video
(08-20-2015, 03:04 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Oh, I'm not deserving of an internet meme?

I'm so disappointed.  God knows there's no better way to win a debate on the internet than posting a meme.

Sadly, no.  Maybe a smilie.

Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-20-2015, 03:11 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I just woke up what did I miss?   Yawn

2740 more dead babies.  
(08-20-2015, 03:11 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I just woke up what did I miss?   Yawn

People on the internet.  Nothing new.
(08-20-2015, 02:24 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Please name the top 3 excuses for abortion and then explain how any of them show any concern whatsoever for the baby. 

I'll anxiously await your response.  

I can't remember the third, but roughly 3/4ths of respondents to the survey I remember bfine posting cited interference with work/school/other responsibilities and lack of ability to afford a child. Both reasons can be seen as concern for the unborn as they would not be able to devote the time a child would really need to foster a good environment and the same for resources.

Of course, there is adoption, but to say they all of those women were giving no consideration to the potential life inside of them when they made that call is ludicrous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2015, 03:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can't remember the third, but roughly 3/4ths of respondents to the survey I remember bfine posting cited interference with work/school/other responsibilities and lack of ability to afford a child. Both reasons can be seen as concern for the unborn as they would not be able to devote the time a child would really need to foster a good environment and the same for resources.

I'm not sure how anyone can make an argument that it's more compassionate to kill a child than to keep it alive. 

Now if a child were shown to have some serious disease or defect where they would spend their entire life suffering, okay.  Same can be said for people already born I believe. 

I had a dog for 16 years that came down with cancer.  Got to the point where he couldn't eat and could barely move without being in pain.  I put off putting him to sleep because I was selfish, but it didn't take long before I realized that he was just better off. 

I'll say that in situations like that we treat dogs with more humanity than people IMO. 

That being said, in most normal situations, I don't see any compassion in killing a baby because it's more or less an inconvenience.  Sorry about your luck.  Carry it to term and take care of it or give it up for adoption.  Perhaps some personal responsibility might decrease the number of "accidental pregnancies".  
(08-20-2015, 03:37 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm not sure how anyone can make an argument that it's more compassionate to kill a child than to keep it alive. 

Now if a child were shown to have some serious disease or defect where they would spend their entire life suffering, okay.
  Same can be said for people already born I believe. 

I had a dog for 16 years that came down with cancer.  Got to the point where he couldn't eat and could barely move without being in pain.  I put off putting him to sleep because I was selfish, but it didn't take long before I realized that he was just better off. 

I'll say that in situations like that we treat dogs with more humanity than people IMO. 

That being said, in most normal situations, I don't see any compassion in killing a baby because it's more or less an inconvenience.  Sorry about your luck.  Carry it to term and take care of it or give it up for adoption.  Perhaps some personal responsibility might decrease the number of "accidental pregnancies".  

So euthanasia then?
(08-20-2015, 03:37 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm not sure how anyone can make an argument that it's more compassionate to kill a child than to keep it alive. 

Now if a child were shown to have some serious disease or defect where they would spend their entire life suffering, okay.  Same can be said for people already born I believe. 

So a life with a neglectful mother and/or not enough food to eat or a life in the foster system (which isn't the best of situations in and of itself) would be preferable? There aren't enough adoptive parents out there now to fill the need for them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

So you're saying there are some exceptions in which abortion might be the correct thing to do?
(08-20-2015, 03:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So a life with a neglectful mother and/or not enough food to eat or a life in the foster system (which isn't the best of situations in and of itself) would be preferable? There aren't enough adoptive parents out there now to fill the need for them.

Would you prefer death for yourself over the above?  I know I wouldn't. 

I don't have all the answers, but I don't think just killing the babies under the belief that they're somehow better off is the right one. 
(08-20-2015, 03:55 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Would you prefer death for yourself over the above?  I know I wouldn't. 

I don't have all the answers, but I don't think just killing the babies under the belief that they're somehow better off is the right one. 

I agree that's why I feel it's not up to you or me to make that decision for someone else.
(08-20-2015, 03:55 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Would you prefer death for yourself over the above?  I know I wouldn't. 

(08-20-2015, 03:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I agree that's why I feel it's not up to you or me to make that decision for someone else.

Bingo.

(08-20-2015, 03:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I agree that's why I feel it's not up to you or me to make that decision for someone else.

(08-20-2015, 04:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bingo.

Yup. I've said all along, I don't like abortion, but in my view it is not up to the government to make that call, and it's certainly not up to me.

(08-20-2015, 04:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. I've said all along, I don't like abortion, but in my view it is not up to the government to make that call, and it's certainly not up to me.

I mean, you couldn't even hack being a mod here....  Ninja
(08-20-2015, 04:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, you couldn't even hack being a mod here....  Ninja

Tongue
(08-20-2015, 04:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, you couldn't even hack being a mod here....  Ninja

Is it scary that I am a governmental fiscal officer that handles millions of taxpayer dollars? LOL

Well he was a hack...at it.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-20-2015, 04:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is it scary that I am a governmental fiscal officer that handles millions of taxpayer dollars? LOL

Par for the course...par for the course
(08-20-2015, 03:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So a life with a neglectful mother and/or not enough food to eat or a life in the foster system (which isn't the best of situations in and of itself) would be preferable?

Preferable to being dead?

Yes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-20-2015, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Preferable to being dead?

Yes.

There are people in the world that have lived through that that would disagree with you.

Just saying it's not a blanket answer like so many people want to believe it to be.

(08-20-2015, 05:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are people in the world that have lived through that that would disagree with you.
How are they still alive to express this view?

Maybe being alive was preferable?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]