Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood: New Video
(08-20-2015, 04:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. I've said all along, I don't like abortion, but in my view it is not up to the government to make that call, and it's certainly not up to me.

For me, there's a lot of things that the government shouldn't involve themselves in. 

I find that them giving people permission to kill babies to be puzzling.
(08-20-2015, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How are they still alive to express this view?

Maybe being alive was preferable?

Some of them aren't. Some of them just continually battle depression as a result of their experiences, others choose to end that battle on their own terms.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2015, 05:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Some of them aren't. Some of them just continually battle depression as a result of their experiences, others choose to end that battle on their own terms.

...and to think, we could have just made the choice for them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-20-2015, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and to think, we could have just made the choice for them.

Only if we were to criminalize abortion.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-20-2015, 03:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I agree that's why I feel it's not up to you or me to make that decision for someone else.

Isn't this kinda passing the buck?

I mean we don't allow people to kill each other over diaputes any longer.

At what point do we stand for those who can't stand for themselves? Isn't that what seperatrs us from the rest of the world?
(08-20-2015, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn't this kinda passing the buck?

I mean we don't allow people to kill each other over diaputes any longer.

At what point do we stand for those who can't stand for themselves? Isn't that what seperatrs us from the rest of the world?

I think what separates us from the rest of the developed world is that we'd rather spend more on our military then the next 5 countries combined instead of improving education or insuring the welfare of our citizenry. But I could be wrong.

(08-20-2015, 05:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are people in the world that have lived through that that would disagree with you.

Just saying it's not a blanket answer like so many people want to believe it to be.

There are wonderful people who came up through the foster system who would disagree with you!  That is unbelievable!  My Dad, who is 87, lived in an orphanage.  Do you think they should have just killed him?  His 8 kids, 30 grandkids, and 15 great grandkids would not agree with you.  You don't know how a person's life is going to turn out.
(08-20-2015, 06:59 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: There are wonderful people who came up through the foster system who would disagree with you!  That is unbelievable!  My Dad, who is 87, lived in an orphanage.  Do you think they should have just killed him?  His 8 kids, 30 grandkids, and 15 great grandkids would not agree with you.  You don't know how a person's life is going to turn out.

When folks start with the "they're better off dead" assertion; then you know they have truly lost it.

(08-20-2015, 06:59 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: There are wonderful people who came up through the foster system who would disagree with you!  That is unbelievable!  My Dad, who is 87, lived in an orphanage.  Do you think they should have just killed him?  His 8 kids, 30 grandkids, and 15 great grandkids would not agree with you.  You don't know how a person's life is going to turn out.

I am not saying there is a blanket answer one way or the other. I am just saying it is not a simple black and white thing where a blanket answer fixes it.

(08-20-2015, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When folks start with the "they're better off dead" assertion; then you know they have truly lost it.

And predictably we have the straw man attack.

I was adopted. And quite frankly I feel like I am better off alive. My wife was also adopted, and we have a family here who is happy that we both made it ....
(08-20-2015, 03:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So a life with a neglectful mother and/or not enough food to eat or a life in the foster system (which isn't the best of situations in and of itself) would be preferable? There aren't enough adoptive parents out there now to fill the need for them.

(08-20-2015, 07:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And predictably we have the straw man attack.

If the above comment is not asserting that some would be better off dead, then I do not know what you are implying with the question.

I think you guys just use the term strawman when shown how ridiculous you assertions are.

(08-20-2015, 06:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think what separates us from the rest of the developed world is that we'd rather spend more on our military then the next 5 countries combined instead of improving education or insuring the welfare of our citizenry. But I could be wrong.

Size of the military is directly related to the globalization of the economy.

Your kinda making a ridiculous point.

It's not the govs job to take care of people. They are however supposed to defend them against enemies.
(08-20-2015, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the above comment is not asserting that some would be better off dead, then I do not know what you are implying with the question.

I think you guys just use the term strawman when shown how ridiculous you assertions are.

You inferred what you wanted from that, as you often do with my posts. I don't think any of them would be better off dead, but am for us taking care of them instead. But since people like to infer things they immediately turn a discussion into a different direction.

(08-20-2015, 07:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Size of the military is directly related to the globalization of the economy.

Your kinda making a ridiculous point.

It's not the govs job to take care of people. They are however supposed to defend them against enemies.

Then why is the phrasing I used, insuring the welfare, used as a reason for establishing the Constitution in the preamble?

(08-20-2015, 07:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You inferred what you wanted from that, as you often do with my posts. I don't think any of them would be better off dead, but am for us taking care of them instead. But since people like to infer things they immediately turn a discussion into a different direction.

Not only that post, but when you doubled down with the "I know folks that state they would have been better of dead".

Dance if you want, but there was not false assumption, just pointing out an absolutely twisted POV.

(08-20-2015, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not only that post, but when you doubled down with the "I know folks that state they would have been better of dead".

Dance if you want, but there was not false assumption, just pointing out an absolutely twisted POV.

In response to your comment. Once again, people making inferences and redirecting the conversation.

Keep swinging away.

(08-20-2015, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you guys just use the term strawman when shown how ridiculous you assertions are.

That's their response when they have no response. Or when we refuse to blindly fall in line with thenn.
(08-20-2015, 07:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then why is the phrasing I used, insuring the welfare, used as a reason for establishing the Constitution in the preamble?

Taking care of everyone's daily needs was not part of the deal. The deal was you came here your on your own, make your life how you wish.
(08-20-2015, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In response to your comment. Once again, people making inferences and redirecting the conversation.

Keep swinging away.

I have zero idea where this "redirecting the conversation" suggestion is coming from. The question I quoted from you earlier was an attempt to show how a mother may be showing compassion by aborting the baby because the baby may be better off.

Perhaps you would like to clear the confusion; as my statement was when "folks" starting saying kids are better off.

(08-20-2015, 07:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In response to your comment. Once again, people making inferences and redirecting the conversation.

Keep swinging away.

You meant they were better off dead.  Good grief.  At least own up to your own opinion.  How can YOU even take yourself seriously after reading back over this?