Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood: New Video
(08-21-2015, 12:58 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This isn't about your moral beliefs, if recent threads are any indication. It's about PP 'selling baby parts'. They haven't. 

straw man. 

They're donating the tissue. 

They're actually selling the tissue. They're just not making a profit. My problem with PP isn't about them selling tissue. My problem with them is that they murder unborn children.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2015, 12:51 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Am I supposed to change my position on baby murder based on something that Republicans did in 1988?

We don't expect any logical argument to sway neolithic knuckle-draggers.  So, in answer to your question, no.
(08-21-2015, 01:06 AM)JBrownshoe Wrote: They're actually selling the tissue. They're just not making a profit. My problem with PP isn't about them selling tissue. My problem with them is that they murder unborn children.

No they are not selling the tissue. 

Murder is illegal.
(08-21-2015, 01:29 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No they are not selling the tissue. 

Murder is illegal.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

"Nucatola (the senior director of medical services at Planned Parenthood) says the cost for fetal tissue specimens was between $30 and $100, “depending on the facility and what’s involved.” She defined “specimen" as, 'one case. One patient.'"

They're selling the tissue, but not for profit like I said.

Well apparently it's legal to murder unborn children.
(08-21-2015, 02:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well apparently it's legal to murder unborn children.

It sure is Gary!  Especially if they're Iraqi or Afghani.  But never mind them, they're brown, Sanger would approve!
(08-21-2015, 12:58 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This isn't about your moral beliefs, if recent threads are any indication. It's about PP 'selling baby parts'. They haven't. 

Okay.  Let's just say for arguments sake they're not.

What is this supposed to mean to me? 
(08-21-2015, 01:25 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We don't expect any logical argument to sway neolithic knuckle-draggers.  So, in answer to your question, no.

Oh yeah, that's a real logical argument. 

PP isn't making a profit off of their murdering and selling of baby body parts, so I should see the error of my ways and see what stewards of humanity they are.   Rolleyes
(08-21-2015, 02:16 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It sure is Gary!  Especially if they're Iraqi or Afghani.  But never mind them, they're brown, Sanger would approve!

If we killed Iraqis or Afghans at the same rate that we killed unwanted babies in our own country, we'd have nobody left in those countries to kill.  
(08-20-2015, 09:46 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't think it's really necessary, personally. 

I think the abortion thing is like pretty much every other issue, MOST people have their mind made up.  If your position is so fragile that a video can sway your opinion on the issue one way or the other, I'd say that you never really had a position to begin with. 

The only thing that videos like this do is get people talking about it (a good thing, I believe) and perhaps gain some temporary support that typically reverts back to "normal levels" when this sort of thing blows over. 

We agree those types of tactics really aren't necessary.  For the most part, I agree having a conversation about topics can be a positive.  However, if I know the producers are intentionally misrepresenting the truth to sell their POV it makes all their statements suspect; even the ones which are truthful.  For the most part, I give people the benefit of the doubt.  I assume they are being honest until I know they aren't.  When I have confirmed they aren't being honest I just tune them out.  It took them less than 70 seconds for me to confirm they weren't being honest with me.  I'm not going to pay attention to them after I know they are dishonest.  So who is their target audience?  Whose minds are they going to change with false or misleading information?  I think they do their cause more harm than good with their lack of integrity.  Just my two cents.
(08-21-2015, 02:28 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Oh yeah, that's a real logical argument. 

PP isn't making a profit off of their murdering and selling of baby body parts, so I should see the error of my ways and see what stewards of humanity they are.   Rolleyes

(08-21-2015, 02:31 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: If we killed Iraqis or Afghans at the same rate that we killed unwanted babies in our own country, we'd have nobody left in those countries to kill.  

See, here's the rub.  The vast majority of pro choice people don't consider it killing babies.  You do, good for you.  It still doesn't give you the right to dogmatically impose your beliefs on others.
(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, here's the rub.  The vast majority of pro choice people don't consider it killing babies.  You do, good for you.  It still doesn't give you the right to dogmatically impose your beliefs on others.

even if you don't consider it killing babies it is. It's just a scientific fact that they're alive.
(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: See, here's the rub.  The vast majority of pro choice people don't consider it killing babies.  You do, good for you.  It still doesn't give you the right to dogmatically impose your beliefs on others.

Here's another rub. The vast majority of Pro Choice people don't consider the babies to be "human". They just consider their organs to be human.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-21-2015, 11:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: even if you don't consider it killing babies it is. It's just a scientific fact that they're alive.

Here we go again.

By definition, a baby is outside the womb.  An embryo or fetus is inside the womb.  It is a scientific fact sperm cells are alive.  Spermicides kill sperm which means spermicides kill life.
(08-21-2015, 11:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: even if you don't consider it killing babies it is. It's just a scientific fact that they're alive.

Watch the reaction to this, it will be predictable.  A tumor is alive as well.

(08-21-2015, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's another rub. The vast majority of Pro Choice people don't consider the babies to be "human". They just consider their organs to be human.

And I could care less.  I'm not , and never have been, about making other people do as I do or believe as I do.  Now, that won't prevent me from ridiculing the ridiculous but I don't care what you do as an adult.  I thought you right wing types were all about freedom?
(08-21-2015, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And I could care less.  I'm not , and never have been, about making other people do as I do or believe as I do. Now, that won't prevent me from ridiculing the ridiculous but I don't care what you do as an adult.

I thought you were in law enforcement.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-20-2015, 10:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First of all the example of a female being repeatedly raped by ISIS is going to the utmost extreme and speaks to grasping for straws. It is akin to saying “Hitler was born so abortion can’t be a bad thing”.

Secondly many think those that never knew Jesus will simply cease to exist. To ask why a person of faith would not want a child to be born and have the opportunity to know Jesus speaks to ignorance.

Finally, how do you know being dead is not that bad?

Here's another rub. Christians can't agree with each other on some pretty important doctrinal issues.

There are a number of Evangelicals in America who believe any one who isn't saved will go to Hell.  Including the fetuses which die due to miscarriage according to god's plan.  And other Christians believe that Christian belief is incorrect and they go to Heaven.  Now, we learn of a third Christian theory, they simply cease to exist.  Does that mean they never had a soul?  Or god doesn't care about their soul?

Just one example of many... https://carm.org/what-happens-those-who-have-never-heard-gospel
(08-21-2015, 11:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's another rub. The vast majority of Pro Choice people don't consider the babies to be "human". They just consider their organs to be human.

That's not true at all.
(08-21-2015, 11:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Watch the reaction to this, it will be predictable.  A tumor is alive as well.

And I could care less.  I'm not , and never have been, about making other people do as I do or believe as I do.  Now, that won't prevent me from ridiculing the ridiculous but I don't care what you do as an adult.  I thought you right wing types were all about freedom?

A tumor doesn't have human DNA, so I don't care for other life nearly as much as I care about human life.

I am about freedom, but I'm not a "right wing type". I care about the rights and freedom of the unborn child.
(08-21-2015, 01:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A tumor doesn't have human DNA, so I don't care for other life nearly as much as I care about human life.

I am about freedom, but I'm not a "right wing type". I care about the rights and freedom of the unborn child.

A tumor does have human DNA. The DNA is defective. The defect causes the tumor.
(08-21-2015, 01:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A tumor doesn't have human DNA

wut
[Image: m6moCD1.png]