Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Planned Parenthood selling body parts?
(07-17-2015, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup the go to is back ally abortions.    Cause that's what I want.... Lol.

Hey now, the black market regulates itself.  What kind of libertarian are you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-20-2015, 02:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I hated the fact that hundreds of thousands of people were killed in Iraq just so George Bush could prove he had a bigger dick than Saddam Hussein.  I felt it was evil and awful.  BUt if I knew that the bodies of all the people killed in that war were being used for scientific research it would make me feel better instead of worse.

But the Anti-abortion crowd here are so selfish and petty that they refuse to see any good in the fact that these aborted fetuses could save other lives.  They would be happier if MORE people died just because they can not get their way instead of trying to get some good out of something they see as bad.  It shows that they don't really care about life at all.  They are so pissed off that they can't control what women do with their owns bodies that they think it is WORSE that some people might actually be saved by the research done on this donated tissue.

What is that phrase you often use: Strawman?

I know for a fact that I'm not upset that the unborn children can be used to help wanted children. Then issue comes in the fact of if anyone is profiting from it? You can save then condescension for another thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-20-2015, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is that phrase you often use: Strawman?

I know for a fact that I'm not upset that the unborn children can be used to help wanted children. Then issue comes in the fact of if anyone is profiting from it? You can save then condescension for another thread.

Well since they aren't profiting from it you can relax now. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-20-2015, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well since they aren't profiting from it you can relax now. 

I was unaware that the investigations were over; however, I am not sure I'll ever be "relaxed" with the thought of killing innocent unborn babies, regardless, what purpose it may serve.

(07-20-2015, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What is that phrase you often use: Strawman?

(07-20-2015, 02:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well since they aren't profiting from it you can relax now. 

(07-20-2015, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was unaware that the investigations were over; however, I am not sure I'll ever be "relaxed" with the thought of killing innocent unborn babies, regardless, what purpose it may serve.

Make up your mind what you are talking about.

Two very different subjects:  actual abortions vs a manufactured "investigation" into something based on a heavily edited video.
(07-20-2015, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Make up your mind what you are talking about.

Two very different subjects:  actual abortions vs a manufactured "investigation" into something based on a heavily edited video.

I don't see how may point of focus has changed. Fred asserted that anti-abortion folks are "madder" that the discarded child could be used for good. I stated that was not the case for me. I simply mentioned most would have a problem with the procedure if folks profited from it financially.

You stated that I could relax because no one was profiting from the action financially and did so with a high degree of certainty. I just mentioned that I was unaware that investigations launched had been resolved.

Perhaps you can share with me how I have not made up my mind.

(07-20-2015, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps you can share with me how I have not made up my mind.

(07-20-2015, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was unaware that the investigations were over; however, I am not sure I'll ever be "relaxed" with the thought of killing innocent unborn babies, regardless, what purpose it may serve.

Rock On
(07-20-2015, 03:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rock On

Oh, now I see your confusion. You took the part where I said I am not upset that the unborn children can be used to help other to mean I am not opposed to the act of abortion. No sure how you drew that correlation and if we are being honest you most likely knew better.

(07-20-2015, 08:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because the cost of transportation varies and they fear someone might accuse them of making money when they don't...

oh wait, that did happen. I guess that's why she said it.

It's all very sketchy. And needs a hard investigation.

Harvesting organs from babies isn't something to be so cavalier about .... And then taking orders and allowing that to dictate how the abortions are done so they can preserve for the order is even more sketchy.

A deep investigation should be sufficient. And if they are hiding nothing then so be it .... But even if 1 location made money off organ harvesting then they should pull all public money straight away. .
(07-20-2015, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey now, the black market regulates itself.  What kind of libertarian are you?

They can be sketchy. Just not receive any public money or tax benefit.
http://time.com/3958621/why-planned-parenthood-provides-fetal-cells-to-scientists/

Quote:Donating cells from aborted fetuses for research has been practiced for decades

A video showing a Planned Parenthood doctor discussing the transfer of fetal tissue from abortions to researchers put the organization on the defensive this week after its release by undercover anti-abortion activists. The activists claim to have caught the organization perpetrating a federal crime by selling human body parts.

While the casual discussion about abortion procedures depicted in the video may upset people on both sides of the issue, donating cells from aborted fetuses for research has been practiced for decades and affirmed by leading medical organizations. Research using fetuses has also led to medical advances, including in Parkinson’s Disease and the development of a Polio vaccine.

Rush University neurosurgery professor Jeffrey Kordower said that he and his fellow researchers faced ethical questions when researching Parkinson’s Disease, but there was “very little discussion” about the ethics of using aborted fetuses.

The American Medical Association (AMA), for instance, separates a woman’s decision to have an abortion from the decision to donate fetal tissue and argues that fetal tissue has the potential to save lives. “Fetal tissue has intrinsic properties…that make it attractive for transplantation research,” the AMA said in a statement in 1991.

The 1991 statement also lays out a set of rules and procedures researchers and donors must follow to remain ethically sound. Among them is a rule prohibiting the sale of fetuses. The undercover video points to a moment in the video when Planned Parenthood Senior Director Deborah Nucatola says that receiving a fetus may cost $30-100 per specimen to allege that the organization violated AMA guidelines and federal law. But, as Planned Parenthood explained in a statement, the organization’s policy allows recipients of fetal donations to reimburse the organization for costs associated with the donations.

“There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood,” said spokesperson Eric Ferrero in a statement. “In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field."
It may have the potential to save lives. But it's more likely to line someone's pockets with profit.

What's next.... soylent green?
(07-21-2015, 06:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What's next....  soylent green?

[Image: Lipo-Paper-Street.jpg]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/new-video-shows-another-planned-parenthood-doctor-haggling-price-of-baby-body-parts/

At it again.  

Quote: After the first video was released last week in which Dr. Deborah Nucatola also appears to negotiate the price of fetal body parts, Planned Parenthood insisted that the price Nucatola mentioned was only related to the costs incurred by Planned Parenthood with no profit involved. In the Nucatola video, however, she is seen and heard explaining that the Planned Parenthood affiliates in the body parts business wanted to do more than “break even.”

In this second video, shot in February at a restaurant in Pasadena, Gatter seems willing to accept a higher and higher price.

What’s more, in the beginning of the video, she talks about an earlier situation where a company called Novogenix used to come to her abortion clinic to buy specimens: “Heather, a Novogenix person would come to the site and our staff would sign the patients up and get consent. And then Heather would look at the tissue and take what she required. So logistically it was very easy for us. We didn’t have to do anything.” (emphasis added)

This statement would seem to contradict the need of a higher and higher price for doing nothing except letting a technician from another company come into the facility and take specimens. While she seems willing to accept higher prices, Gatter does claim Planned Parenthood is “not in it for the money” and they do not want to appear to be selling body parts.
(07-21-2015, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: Lipo-Paper-Street.jpg]

I see this response and think, "What does that have to do with the topic?"

Then I see the name "Tyler Durden" and think "OOOH, that's what he means".

And I remember the movie "Fight Club" how "Tyler Durden" is what's his faces alter ego.

Then I'm all like, "that was a crazy movie...I liked it a lot and watch it whenever it's on"

Then I think "I wonder if I have an alter ego and is it like Tyler Durden"

Then I'm thinking "No, it wouldn't be like Tyler Durden it would be more like Corbin Dallas"

After a few seconds I think, "Man, The Fifth Element is a good movie. It has good music in it"

Then I thought "Big Trouble in Little China is a good movie too" and chuckle when I remember the line, "I know, there's a problem with your face"

So after all of that, I'm now thinking "What the hell does this response have to do with the topic?"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Quote:At the end of the tape provided by CMP, Gatter jokes about wanting “a Lamborghini” for body parts.

Always classy
(07-21-2015, 06:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I see this response and think, "What does that have to do with the topic?"

Then I see the name "Tyler Durden" and think "OOOH, that's what he means".

And I remember the movie "Fight Club" how "Tyler Durden" is what's his faces alter ego.

Then I'm all like, "that was a crazy movie...I liked it a lot and watch it whenever it's on"

Then I think "I wonder if I have an alter ego and is it like Tyler Durden"

Then I'm thinking "No, it wouldn't be like Tyler Durden it would be more like Corbin Dallas"

After a few seconds I think, "Man, The Fifth Element is a good movie. It has good music in it"

Then I thought "Big Trouble in Little China is a good movie too" and chuckle when I remember the line, "I know, there's a problem with your face"

So after all of that, I'm now thinking "What the hell does this response have to do with the topic?"

It's all in the reflexes.
What's crazy is how pp is preying on girls who are already under emotional stress making a decision to have an abortion. They also give them the high pressure sales pitch to give away their babies parts so pp can make some money.
(07-20-2015, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Make up your mind what you are talking about.

You can watch the entire video, you know.  However, you'll likely find the same words in there.  I'm relatively certain that nothing was taken out of context.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-21-2015, 06:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can watch the entire video, you know.  However, you'll likely find the same words in there.  I'm relatively certain that nothing was taken out of context.

He is ok with trafficking human body parts to the highest bidder. The fact that he has crossed that threshold morally means that he will justify anything they say in defense.

Some people are just ok with selling off baby parts to whomever is willing to pay the most.

Obviously Dino is in that group. That's it's ok to sell humans.