Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Planned parenthood does not do mammograms
Was watching cspan 2 and Senator Lankford shows where pp doesn't even do any mammograms. They refer people out.

They don't even do what they claim they do...

Just crazy.
(08-03-2015, 07:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Was watching cspan 2 and Senator Lankford shows where pp doesn't even do any mammograms. They refer people out.

Just crazy.

Not sure where they claimed they do mammograms. But correct, they do not. The reason is because of the cost for the specialized equipment and technicians to perform them. It is cost prohibitive to them to maintain them at their clinics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2015, 07:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Was watching cspan 2 and Senator Lankford shows where pp doesn't even do any mammograms.  They refer people out.  

Just crazy.

I don't think PP claims to do this. I think it comes from all the clueless liberals stating that defunding PP could hurt cancer screening for women.

Matter of fact I think Obama claimed Abortion Centers do "millions" of mammograms.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-03-2015, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think PP claims to do this. I think it comes from all the clueless liberals stating that defunding PP could hurt cancer screening for women.

Matter of fact I think Obama claimed Abortion Centers do "millions" of mammograms.

So why do they need 540 million?

Just send them to communty health centers .
(08-03-2015, 07:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure where they claimed they do mammograms. But correct, they do not. The reason is because of the cost for the specialized equipment and technicians to perform them. It is cost prohibitive to them to maintain them at their clinics.

Thought I saw it on their website . They seem to have taken down their website, other than the donate buttons of course lol
(08-03-2015, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think PP claims to do this. I think it comes from all the clueless liberals stating that defunding PP could hurt cancer screening for women.

(08-03-2015, 07:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So why do they need 540 million?

Yes doing the physical examinations and referring those who may need to it have a mammogram.

Of course there are other kinds of cancer then can test for.  But who cares when we can save some money?

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/planned-parenthood-and-mammograms/

Quote:Women can’t walk into a Planned Parenthood clinic and get a mammogram on the spot. The clinics don’t have mammography equipment. Planned Parenthood performs gynecological exams, including breast exams, and refers women to other facilities to have mammograms performed, much like women are referred to radiological centers by their gynecologists or primary care physicians.

According to Planned Parenthood, its medical staff performed 747,607 “breast exams/breast care” in 2010, the most recent statistics available. As for cervical cancer screenings, as the president mentioned, it performed 769,769 Pap tests.

In addition to mammogram referrals, the group says it helps low-income patients find grants and assistance to pay for mammograms, such as through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, which is for women at or below 250 percent of the federal poverty level. Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania also has a Breast Health Care Fund, which helps patients obtain mammograms. Individual clinics also may occasionally sponsor no-cost mammogram events — for instance, on Oct. 19, Planned Parenthood of Nassau County, N.Y., plans to sponsor free mammograms at a mammography van at the health center. In south-central New York, a state program parks its mobile van outside two Planned Parenthood clinics.

In a statement sent to FactCheck.org, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, senior director of medical services for Planned Parenthood, said that “Planned Parenthood does help women nationwide get access to mammograms,” as part of the health care services it provides to nearly 3 million persons each year. “Women rely on Planned Parenthood for referrals for and financial help with mammograms and specialized diagnostic follow-up tests (like ultrasounds and biopsies) when indicated by age, history and/or clinical breast exam.”

Nucatola said that “for many women,” Planned Parenthood is their only health care provider and “thus the only way they will get a referral for a mammogram.”

But don't got there.  They talk about abortion services and really that's the only reason you want them shut down.  Doesn't matter what harm biting off your nose to spite your face will do.  Right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2015, 07:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So why do they need 540 million?

Community health centers don't take everyone. If you are above their income limits, which is not much here, then you are SOL. My wife was working, but was considered part time (adjunct faculty) and so uninsured, but she made too much to go to the clinic. She wasn't eligible for Medicaid or any other assistance in regards to health care, all of it had to be out of pocket.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2015, 08:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Community health centers don't take everyone. If you are above their income limits, which is not much here, then you are SOL. My wife was working, but was considered part time (adjunct faculty) and so uninsured, but she made too much to go to the clinic. She wasn't eligible for Medicaid or any other assistance in regards to health care, all of it had to be out of pocket.

So the 640 nationwide pp location covers all these people?
(08-03-2015, 09:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the 640 nationwide pp location covers all these people?

It is available to those folks for reproductive health. Men and women both.