Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans for the game
After the win in KC, my wife was trying to book tickets to LA. I told her "No". She then asked if i wanted to go to Cincinnati, to watch the game. Now that's a great idea. My issue is, i live in Central PA, i have no idea where to go in Cincy. My plan was to come there with my wife on Saturday, spend the day sight seeing and watch the game on Sunday.

So where should i go? Is there any big get togethers happening? i would just like to watch the game with other fans of the team, instead of 5-6 Steeler fans and a few Ravens fan, which to their credit, were all rooting for the Bengals.

So lets hear it.. who wants to watch the game with a poor sap from the middle of Steeler Country or at least tell me where to go?

- Clapp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like telling people where to go  Cool

The Holy Grail it is a  big sports bar down by the stadiums.  Huge Bengals presence.  And right in the heart of where any celebrations would take place

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I booked two nights at a Marriott in Cincinnati. I may be coming alone (son has a rugby playoff game he shouldn’t miss). Hoping to be around fellow Bengal fans who are willing to take in some weird Bengal fan with a New Jersey accent.
Reply/Quote
Watchin' it with my pops... He's about to be 79 years old, and he's gonna see this damn championship.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:39 PM)The Clapp Wrote: After the win in KC, my wife was trying to book tickets to LA. I told her "No". She then asked if i wanted to go to Cincinnati, to watch the game. Now that's a great idea. My issue is, i live in Central PA, i have no idea where to go in Cincy. My plan was to come there with my wife on Saturday, spend the day sight seeing and watch the game on Sunday.

So where should i go? Is there any big get togethers happening? i would just like to watch the game with other fans of the team, instead of 5-6 Steeler fans and a few Ravens fan, which to their credit, were all rooting for the Bengals.

So lets hear it.. who wants to watch the game with a poor sap from the middle of Steeler Country or at least tell me where to go?

- Clapp

Yeah, my youngest daughter and oldest son wanted to buy me tickets to the game in LA. When I said no because they really don't have that kind of money, they encouraged me to go to Cincinnati to watch the game. I also live in PA (Northeastern PA). My kids said they would get tickets to watch the game in Paul Brown Stadium. Is that something that will happen? Any idea how the experience would be?  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, my youngest daughter and oldest son wanted to buy me tickets to the game in LA. When I said no because they really don't have that kind of money, they encouraged me to go to Cincinnati to watch the game. I also live in PA (Northeastern PA). My kids said they would get tickets to watch the game in Paul Brown Stadium. Is that something that will happen? Any idea how the experience would be?  

you can buy tickets to watch it at the stadium?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:39 PM)The Clapp Wrote: After the win in KC, my wife was trying to book tickets to LA. I told her "No". She then asked if i wanted to go to Cincinnati, to watch the game. Now that's a great idea. My issue is, i live in Central PA, i have no idea where to go in Cincy. My plan was to come there with my wife on Saturday, spend the day sight seeing and watch the game on Sunday.

- Clapp

First thanks for asking I was considering the same thing.  Would be good to know a few backup options, don't drink and any food is fine just want big TVs and even reservations to not be on a wait list.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, my youngest daughter and oldest son wanted to buy me tickets to the game in LA. When I said no because they really don't have that kind of money, they encouraged me to go to Cincinnati to watch the game. I also live in PA (Northeastern PA). My kids said they would get tickets to watch the game in Paul Brown Stadium. Is that something that will happen? Any idea how the experience would be?  

What part of NE Pennsylvania?
Reply/Quote
I got my tickets to fly out to Cincy to watch the game with my family there. I also wanted to be surrounded by "real" fans not just other team's fans rooting for the Bengals. I'd considered going to LA (because it's a slightly shorter flight from Denver and the weather is sure nicer) but I wasn't going to spring for SB tickets and just being in the town for the event, while cool, seemed expensive and surrounded only by strangers.

I'd imagine every brewery and sports bar in the area will have watch parties. Not sure how much of a beer guy you are, but Rhinegeist is a pretty large venue downtown and I know they've had watch parties for the other games (and quite the presence - I saw their video on IG yesterday of the cheering at the end of the game).

I'd have to think being almost anywhere in Cincy that weekend will be fun, with the passion at an all time high. I'm hoping to hit a brewery or two on the Saturday to get downtown and and experience some of the energy before the big game on Sunday. I'm hoping you'll get some good suggestions on here of places to go!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:25 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I got my tickets to fly out to Cincy to watch the game with my family there.  I also wanted to be surrounded by "real" fans not just other team's fans rooting for the Bengals.  I'd considered going to LA (because it's a slightly shorter flight from Denver and the weather is sure nicer) but I wasn't going to spring for SB tickets and just being in the town for the event, while cool, seemed expensive and surrounded only by strangers.

I'd imagine every brewery and sports bar in the area will have watch parties.  Not sure how much of a beer guy you are, but Rhinegeist is a pretty large venue downtown and I know they've had watch parties for the other games (and quite the presence - I saw their video on IG yesterday of the cheering at the end of the game).  

I'd have to think being almost anywhere in Cincy that weekend will be fun, with the passion at an all time high.  I'm hoping to hit a brewery or two on the Saturday to get downtown and and experience some of the energy before the big game on Sunday.  I'm hoping you'll get some good suggestions on here of places to go!

My wife is so pumped... i mean almost more than me. She just wants this to be a Happy weekend for me.
Maybe us out of towners can all get together and watch!!
Reply/Quote
It would be great if they opened up the stadium for the game. It would be electric.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: It would be great if they opened up the stadium for the game. It would be electric.

I know some teams do that for big games.  I'm not sure that I'd want to sit in a cold stadium to watch the game with fans and an empty field, though.  I wouldn't mind if it was an indoor stadium, perhaps.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:27 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: It would be great if they opened up the stadium for the game. It would be electric.

they talked about it for this week but couldn't get all the logistics figured out in time.  Maybe with the 2 weeks until the game will allow them to figure out all the details

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What about my friends in the Louisville market? Does anyone know of a Bengals bar in town? Back a few years ago I was told Wicks Pizza was a good place to watch a game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What about my friends in the Louisville market? Does anyone know of a Bengals bar in town? Back a few years ago I was told Wicks Pizza was a good place to watch a game.

Wicks Pizza in the Highlands is the Bengals bar, or half of it is. The other half is Washington. (If I remember right) But since there is only one game, the whole place should be Bengals fans. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:04 PM)pally Wrote: I like telling people where to go  Cool

The Holy Grail it is a  big sports bar down by the stadiums.  Huge Bengals presence.  And right in the heart of where any celebrations would take place

I can only image that place will be a madhouse.  If I were going, I would get there really early. 

Might have some family over.  I usually watch the games alone unless the wife and/or the cat wander in, but this kind of historic event calls for a shared experience.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

- Clapp

Hook up with Nately.  He lives somewhere around you.  And when I say somewhere around you, I mean he lives in Pennsylvania, and not near Philadelphia. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I got my hotel room booked.... Im heading to the Jungle.... Someone better welcome me there by singing like AXL Rose...
Reply/Quote
Trying to go. Tickets are purchase - just need to find a sitter for my kids during the game lol. Hoping I don't have to resell the tickets. It's hard as hell trying to find someone to watch them for the SB when the Bengals are in it which is understandable.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

- Clapp

Go down to the banks. This is the only answer. They should have the street blocked off and there will most likely be  a watch party at PBS. There will also most likely be a watch party on fountain square. There are a ton of bars at the banks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote