Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans for this summer?
Now that we have weeks till TC starts and we all will find something to argue about here, does anyone have plans for this summer? I was thinking of driving over to Glacier National Park. maybe go on to the Canadian Rookies.
Reply/Quote
I rented a log house in the Mountains, for the week of the 4th. Looking forward to relaxing, doing a little fishing, and just in general being "off duty". Heads up, it's a bad year to go to the beach. Here in NC, we've already had 7 drownings and 2 significant shark attacks this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m going to Sioux City next month. How exciting is that?!?!?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Now that we have weeks till TC starts and we all will find something to argue about here, does anyone have plans for this summer? I was thinking of driving over to Glacier National Park. maybe go on to the Canadian Rookies.

Are they a new CFL team?  Sorry, couldn't resist.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 03:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Are they a new CFL team?  Sorry, couldn't resist.  

Hahaha good catch, totally missed it! Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Now that we have weeks till TC starts and we all will find something to argue about here, does anyone have plans for this summer? I was thinking of driving over to Glacier National Park. maybe go on to the Canadian Rookies.

work
yard work
sleep

repeat
Reply/Quote
Going to a Reds game this evening and gonna try and hit a couple more. Going to Gettysburg National Military Park in July. Doing my normal gardening just can't beat fresh homegrown tomatoes and vegetables ! And I'm sure I'll find a couple old places to metal detect.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 10:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Going to a Reds game this evening and gonna try and hit a couple more. Going to Gettysburg National Military Park in July. Doing my normal gardening just can't beat fresh homegrown tomatoes and vegetables ! And I'm sure I'll find a couple old places to metal detect.

Yuck, you said Tomatoes!!!!   I'd like to get to Gettysburg myself someday. 
Reply/Quote
Trying to play as much golf and do as much yard work as possible. Will have a new addition to the family in August.

Am going to a beer festival in NYC next weekend. That's about the only highlight.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Yuck, you said Tomatoes!!!!   I'd like to get to Gettysburg myself someday. 

I'm a big history/military nut and have wanted to go there for years, finally gonna make it. I'm gonna try and get to Normandy one day as well. I wonder what they'll say if I take my metal detector out there in the field where Pickett's charge was ?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Work on mancave, do some reading and some beer related activities. Outside work pretty much complete for the summer so good to have that crap out of the way.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Work on mancave, do some reading and some beer related activities. Outside work pretty much complete for the summer so good to have that crap out of the way.

Great ! you'll have plenty of time to come over to my house and do some outside work.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I rented a log house in the Mountains, for the week of the 4th.  Looking forward to relaxing, doing a little fishing, and just in general being "off duty".  Heads up, it's a bad year to go to the beach.  Here in NC, we've already had 7 drownings and 2 significant shark attacks this year.

You should have warned me about a month ago I already booked a beach house at the Outer Banks for the first week in September...but who am I kidding I go every year and mostly sit on the deck looking at the ocean over the dunes and drink beer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 11:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm a big history/military nut and have wanted to go there for years, finally gonna make it. I'm gonna try and get to Normandy one day as well. I wonder what they'll say if I take my metal detector out there in the field where Pickett's charge was ?  Hilarious

Big Military history buff myself! Actually gave a couple of lectures at Grossmont College in San Diego. (It's actually how I know Akili Smith is dumbass). I've been to Normandie and bring a big box of tissues. Don't care how big of man you think your are, it's emotional.
Reply/Quote
My oldest daughter said she wanted to go to someplace to do some hiking. We used to go to a State Park every year when I worked for the state, but have not been anyplace like that in a few years. So I told her I wanted to go to Big Bone Lick State Park just to get a T-shirt.

I had planned to take my kids to the beach in Florida in September when they have their fall break. But this year it does not start until the first week of October. I am worried that it might be getting too cool for the beach that late in the year. I guess it just depends on my luck. It was still plenty hot when we went there in September.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great ! you'll have plenty of time to come over to my house and do some outside work.

No. 

Wait... Do you have beer?

Reply/Quote
Planning our annual trip to the Smokies again. We love it down there. We actually moved there for about a year, lived in Sevierville. Favorite place on Earth.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 03:26 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’m going to Sioux City next month.  How exciting is that?!?!?

Gonna go there and get that ring replaced, before she beats you into an unrecognizable bloody pulp?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My oldest daughter said she wanted to go to someplace to do some hiking.  We used to go to a State Park every year when I worked for the state, but have not been anyplace like that in a few years.  So I told her I wanted to go to Big Bone Lick State Park just to get a T-shirt.

I had planned to take my kids to the beach in Florida in September when they have their fall break.  But this year it does not start until the first week of October.  I am worried that it might be getting too cool for the beach that late in the year.  I guess it just depends on my luck.  It was still plenty hot when we went there in September.

First week of October, you should still be looking at high 80s to low 90s for midday temps in Florida.  A friend who lives in St. Petersburg says people go to the beach and swim in the Gulf, year round.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 04:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: First week of October, you should still be looking at high 80s to low 90s for midday temps in Florida.  A friend who lives in St. Petersburg says people go to the beach and swim in the Gulf, year round.

Yeah, that is about what I figured.  I like the outer banks in the Carolinas because it is closer, but if I go to the beach in Sept/Oct I am going down to southern Florida.
Reply/Quote