Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play Action Pass With A Minute Left ?????
With a minute to go, nobody and their brother is going to bite on the play action fake. That the Bengals tried this is just a waste. You drop back and pass, you do not fake the hand off, nobody is biting on the hand-off there.  I love Paul Brown and Sam Wyche and Hue Jackson, but sometimes the Bengals think they are going to fake everybody out of their shoes. Needing a touchdown with only a minute to go, nobody is biting on the play action pass.  Doing it is a waste of time, when time can NOT be wasted. It didn't work and we didn't come back and win. A huge wasted play....The Bengals have one heck of a team, but they need to avoid the Wicky Wacky, which has shot them in the foot in the great years of the 1980's. ...Nobody is biting on the fake hand-off there, and the coaches should know better. 

When I say Wicky Wacky, I mean Wyche against 49ers in 1980's doing an on side kick to the side of the field where there were no Bengals. 49ers picked it up for an easy touchdown. When asked why he would do such a thing, Wyche said he didn't think they would be looking for it.  That is Wicky Wacky....Doing a play action fake with a minute left and needing a lot of yards and a touchdown, that is also Wicky Wacky......The Bengals of 2015 are a good team, but they must avoid the franchise history of Wicky Wacky. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It was dumb, but not as dumb as Eifert dropping critical 3rd down passes. Not as dumb as Green for allowing a game ending fumble. Not as dumb as Andy forcing the ball 50 yards down field to cause an interception. Not as dumb as all the penalties. Not as dumb as Dalton's long passes to the benches.

But overall, yeah, Hue's play calling sucked.
Reply/Quote
We just cant seem to beat this team. Not sure why we dont attack another teams weakness. The whole Offense sucked in this game, the OL, WR's TE ( well Eifert ) Hill, Dalton missing or just not seeing players wide open. But hey, we could have won 40-0 and people would say its the regular season dosent matter just the playoffs well, where are they now saying this game dosent matter? It works both ways.
Reply/Quote
We get it we have passing talent, and they do need to be used. But if this team continues to ignore the run it's going to get ugly. I understand that the philosophy may have changed and this is now a pass to open up the run team, but 16 attempts isn't enough, especially against a team that hasn't been great against the run. Both Gio and Hill had some nice runs, and Hill's big run of the night came back due to a penalty. I just can't understand why we abandon a running game that is good.

If we beat Arizona and more games down the stretch the balance of this team has to return.

Reply/Quote
To be more specific, Run the dam balllllllll with Gio.

Hill needs to be benched entirely. He is not pushing through the middle for additional yardage, he isn't making guys miss on receptions, he isn't breaking big runs, he isn't even really breaking tackles.

He's fine in the goal line, but he has lost the quickness that made him so good last year. Over the off season, he needs to spend some time regaining that speed and shiftiness. It will probably involve dropping some weight and improving conditioning.

Gio, on the other hand, is falling forward, pushing the pile, making several guys miss, occasionally breaking tackles, breaking a ton of ankles. He is better as a receiver, impressive as a blocker often times and more reliable as a runner in general.

There is absolutely no reason why Hill should ever get the ball over Gio, except when Gio is tired.
Reply/Quote
Hue is likely trying to save Gio - he might not be able to do that all game, all season. Losing to the Texans isn't the end of the world, but putting stuff on tape that shows how to beat us is not as good. Texans came in with the #1 4th quarter differential, and they left it improving on that. No way to tell who was the 8-0 and 3-5 team in that game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I couldn't rewatch AJ's pass, I'd cringe, how does this kid allow a fumble in that situation?
Reply/Quote
Texans also had the best 3rd down defense in the NFL by some margin. Not a great night to unload a stinker on offense.
Reply/Quote
JJ Watt is a *****, an ugly ugly *****. Bengals totally game planned for him and couldn't execute, he basically affected almost every playcall. It will be interesting to see how Dalton responds to being mocked by an immature kid.
Reply/Quote
I noticed at the beginning of the game, AJ's first catch, he almost lost that one to.
Reply/Quote
Gio has been grossly under utilized this year. Gotta get him more involved.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The AJ fumble just looks worse and worse on replay. He had it in two hands and just needs to cradle the ball to the ground but instead takes his left hand off it to brace his fall, allowing the defender to punch it out.

Not something you'd expect from a player that was looking like a future HOFer at one point.
Reply/Quote
Gruden mentioned a couple times that he thought Hue was trying to get "too cute" with all the shifts and different formations. It was an absolutely horrible game... no rhythm at all, and when they did start to get any someone would drop a pass or get a penalty. How many false start penalties were there? At home, you just can't do that...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 08:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I couldn't rewatch AJ's pass, I'd cringe, how does this kid allow a fumble in that situation?

And Eifert what he have 4-5 drop passes?
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:41 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: And Eifert what he have 4-5 drop passes?

I counted three that literally hit him in the hands.  There was also the play where his defender slipped down, he was wide open, and Dalton missed him by five yards.  Absolutely sucked...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 09:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Gruden mentioned a couple times that he thought Hue was trying to get "too cute" with all the shifts and different formations.  It was an absolutely horrible game... no rhythm at all, and when they did start to get any someone would drop a pass or get a penalty.  How many false start penalties were there?  At home, you just can't do that...

This^^x100000. Just hope they can go into AZ and get back on track. I was feeling pretty good about bengals and pats*, Brady would have had field day. Dre k did look decent 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Just unfocused, unprepared, lack of effort.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Im ready to end the experiment of Hill as the starter.  He offers us nothing right now...

bench him, let him ride the pine...then bring him in.  Clearly don't kick him out of the game entirely because the talent is there..he just is giving us NOTHING!!
Reply/Quote
Its hard for me to say this but Gio needs to get the majority of the carries, its easy to see J Hill is having an off year.

If we are worries about the tread on Gios tires get Rex some touches. And please please please if we run Hill make it between the tackles and not on a sweep.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Lets look at this way, we couldn't have played any worse and we almost won the game. This game reminded me of Pittsburgh but we managed to pull that one out.

Lets get back to basics and we will be fine.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote