Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Play Calling Linked to Burrow's Sacks...
(10-15-2020, 01:08 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Who did they beat to get a 1 n the win column???  Here's the rub, we're lucky that we face Tyrod at QB. If it had been the kid they would have burnt us deep on play action all day long. We would have lost by two scores.

I’m not so sure. Our DB’s have been really good all season. By far our best position group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Allen is better than any of our receivers. Williams is better than any except Boyd. Henry is better Tight end, and Ekeler is a much better receiver than any of our RBs. So tell me again how how you'd rather have ours??? Thats just some homerism if I ever saw one. 

I'd rather have Anthony Lynn while we're at it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Allen is better than any of our receivers. Williams is better than any except Boyd. Henry is better Tight end, and Ekeler is a much better receiver than any of our RBs. So tell me again how how you'd rather have ours??? Thats just some homerism if I ever saw one. 

Quote:I mean, I'd rather have our WR corp (with a healthy & hungry AJ) than there's.

Did you purposefully ignore that part? AJ is the key to this. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did you purposefully ignore that part? AJ is the key to this. 

Yes I read it. So you are saying as constructed, you'd rather take Chargers playmakers over ours? 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did you purposefully ignore that part? AJ is the key to this. 

No Joe Mixon is the Key. The Chargers have a consistent run game that allows them to open up thr playbook and keeps them in 3rd and manageable.

If you watch how teams are playing the Bengals they do not respect the run game at all. They are pass rushing on run downs and that completely negates playaction. They are giving the Bengals 6 and 7 player boxes and thr Bengals are still struggling to run. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: No Joe Mixon is the Key. The Chargers have a consistent run game that allows them to open up thr playbook. 

If you watch how teams are playing the Bengals they do not respect the run game at all. They are pass rushing on run downs and that completely negates playaction. They are giving the Bengals 6 and 7 player boxes and thr Bengals are still struggling to run. 

I was talking about WR corp. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes I read it. So you are saying as constructed, you'd rather take Chargers playmakers over ours? 

That's a much tougher question to answer, only because I would love to see what better coaching would look like with this group, and if AJ is done-done, or done with the Bengals. I guess?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: That's a much tougher question to answer, only because I would love to see what better coaching would look like with this group, and if AJ is done-done, or done with the Bengals. I guess?  Nervous

If that question is tough to you, I don't know what else to tell you. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like that guy is tracking all the sacks and other relevant data on an excel sheet here
Reply/Quote
What confuses me so far this season is the Cincinnati Bengals inability to establish a running game.

Maybe it's the lack of off-season and OTAs but it seemed like they were able to run the ball better last year especially the last five games of the season.

Why try and struggle to establish a West coast offense scheme that relies heavily on passing when you have a rookie quarterback in a porous offensive line? Believe it or not Bobby Hart's PFF ratings are higher on running plays at least they were for a while.

I know Taylor is inexperienced and I know Burrow is part to blame, but not only the head coach but their entire coaching staff are responsible to evaluate the talent of the team and adjust their play calling accordingly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 01:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure. Our DB’s have been really good all season. By far our best position group.

I agree that the secondary has been better. Ts, they still gave up at last two passing TDS on Sunday. The
Chargers solid run game and Herbert's arm strength are going to pay dividends for L.A.

The only things currently holding JB back is obviously the oline, as you well know, and the play calling. Once those two things are fixed, he's going to hit some TDS down field.
Reply/Quote