Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player injuries are eerily similar to last season
Methinks that the team is already in tanking mode. I always viewed Zach Taylor as an interim coach - I honestly think Mike Zimmer will be HC next year.
Reply/Quote
I would love Zimmer back in Cinci, but I think ZT gets another year. We will obviously be moving on from a lot of high paid vets. They will give ZT another year to get the OL and DL addressed, imo. The Brown family will think that we've been close in every game and couldve won every game pretty easy with a real OL except maybe the Ravens, and because of that, ZT will get another year. I could see Jim Turner being sent packing as a casualty to please some fans, but they will most likely stick with ZT as the HC at least one more year. That is what I think will happen. I could be wrong, and Id love to have Zimmer, but based on history I think ZT gets a pass this year from the FO.
Reply/Quote
While I would be extremely happy to have Zim back, I just don't see Minny letting him go. He might be interested in a job here since he has family and a farm in the area, but he'll be with the Vikings next year.
Reply/Quote
Any potential we look at trading a pick for a HC, ala NE with Belichick or TB with Gruden?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't realize he just signed a 3-year extension in July of this year......hmmm......I think he gets one more year at least although I would love him back

Head Coach Mike Zimmer signed a three-year contract extension with the Vikings, the team announced Friday. Zimmer's extension places him under contract with the team through 2023.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hate making excuses for losing seasons, but the Vikings front office can't hang their current record squarely over Zimmer's head. Not after they handing Cousins an obscene contract and let several key players walk.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Given the division they are in, they probably couldn't lose more than 2 games out of their 10 game schedule in order to make playoffs.
So while I don't think they are in tank mode yet, I think they could be no later than after the Steelers game.
I think a more accurate statement is they realize this was going to have to be a full rebuild and they are trying to get their young guys more reps to start that rebuild.
Unfortunately, I don't think some of these guys getting reps over veterans are any good at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It appears the Vikings are content with mediocrity
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Pass on Zimmer being our next HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 08:53 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Any potential we look at trading a pick for a HC, ala NE with Belichick or TB with Gruden?

Ross for Zimmer  :andy:Joe
Reply/Quote
Other than D-line I'll bet we have been one of the healthier teams in the league.

So I don't see a "tank". I just see a bad team with no depth. And the front office obviously did not plan on tanking coming into this season. They would have never handed out $22 million in one-year deals to Green and Alexander if they were planning on tanking again.
Reply/Quote
Definitely not tanking. I dont think we tanked last season we just flat out sucked.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 10:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears the Vikings are content with mediocrity

They made an NFC Championship.  They were an OT away from returning to another.  Zimmer's record there is 58-43-1. 

If you're comparing his results with Marvin's (you are) then you might want to consider these things.
Reply/Quote
How do injuries factor into a tank?

Tanking involves intent. You can't intend for your players to get injured.

Also, like always, our injuries are overblown. Do they suck? Yup. But every team deals with them.

The Niners were down the QB1, their WR1, their RB1, and their best defensive player for multiple games. And I'm pretty sure they were missing George Kittle in that stretch too.

The Eagles have been down 4 of the their top 5 WR options for multiple games.

The Cowboys OL is decimated, and they just lost a 30 million dollar QB... The Chargers have been hit extremely hard at skill positions...

I could go on and on. Too many people on here look solely at our situation, without looking around the league to realize it's not all that unique.
Reply/Quote
I've heard them say on NFL radio many times, that when a player is injured, and the #2 comes in, there shouldn't be much drop off in that position. If that player gets hurt and they go to #3 there is a huge drop off. How many D lineman have we gone through now? 6 or 7?
Reply/Quote
I always go into the season expecting this. Kijana Carter was the first heartbreak. Funny it all happened after kevin Walter if the Bengals took Bo Jacksons career on that fateful play..
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 01:26 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Methinks that the team is already in tanking mode. I always viewed Zach Taylor as an interim coach - I honestly think Mike Zimmer will be HC next year.

The injuries have nothing to do with being in a tanking mode. We are trying to win out there, but it is nearly impossible with a 
bad blocking OL that cannot protect the QB nor open up holes in the run game. This also doesn't help the Defense cause this 
automatically puts them on the field more and this is a recipe for disaster, not to mention the injuries.

The injuries would be just another excuse for Taylor who just is a bad play caller who wants to call the plays to the team's 
demise. I would love to have Zim here as the HC next season but with him signing an extension it sounds unlikely.

I want Wade Phillips in here now and a new OC along with a new OL coach. This is what I want.
Reply/Quote