Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player's-only Meeting?
Question 
Am I the only one who expected a player's-only meeting this week? 

I figured following the debacle in Jacksonville that some of our more competitive veteran players would get everybody in one room and hash out the on-field issues.  You know, air the grievances and hold all players accountable (even if the coaching staff won't).  At 3-5 it's looking grim, but we're not completely out of the hunt.  Couple that with the obvious frustration from some of our better players and I thought this week was the week they pledged to go to battle for their teammates.  I'm afraid they've already thrown in the towel for the season...

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
No, because they don't work and I think most people get that.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, because they don't work and I think most people get that.

Nothing works with the Mike Brown Bengals.  I'm not an NFL player, but I'd find it hard to believe that any player could play here under his own free will and not know damn well what he's signing up for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing works with the Mike Brown Bengals.  I'm not an NFL player, but I'd find it hard to believe that any player could play here under his own free will and not know damn well what he's signing up for.

No players only meetings in general are a joke everywhere. Literally, people just laugh at it like somehow all they needed to do was walk in a room and have a pep talk among themselves. This is a bad team thats just the way it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, because they don't work and I think most people get that.

(11-08-2017, 11:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: No players only meetings in general are a joke everywhere. Literally, people just laugh at it like somehow all they needed to do was walk in a room and have a pep talk among themselves. This is a bad team thats just the way it is.

Yep. I never understood players-only meetings. Maybe if this team was fractured and needed to come together a players-only meeting would work.

As it is, I think the lack of a player-sonly meeting is the players' subtle way of saying the issue is with the coaching staff and/or front office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:51 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. I never understood players-only meetings. Maybe if this team was fractured and needed to come together a players-only meeting would work.

As it is, I think the lack of a player-sonly meeting is the players' subtle way of saying the issue is with the coaching staff and/or front office.

It's both and they know it.

It would be like having a meeting about the possibility of going over Mt. Everest on a tricycle.
Reply/Quote
If there was a players-only meeting it was for group therapy more than anything. Universality is great to affirm reality testing and to make sure that you're not the only one seeing the craziness.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
A players-only meeting won't help. It's not like the guys aren't trying. They don't have the talent to perform at many spots.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A players-only meeting won't help. It's not like the guys aren't trying. 

It looks to me like the OL isn't trying.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It looks to me like the OL isn't trying.  Whatever

Lack of talent in a bad scheme often looks like that.
Reply/Quote
Players only meetings can do wonders at times.

But this is not one of those times.

Every fan, player, and coach already knows the OL blows and so does front office.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It looks to me like the OL isn't trying.  Whatever

It looks like Dalton just said something bad about their wives, mamas, and grandmamas in huddle the way they let defenses pummel him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think those players-only meetings don't often happen in real life because they turn into little more than b!tch sessions. You don't need a formal meeting for that. What could/should happen-and who's to say it hasn't-is for a highly respected teammate to kick a li'l butt. You know, the kind of stuff Whitworth was good at. I guess the best guy these days is Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It looks like Dalton just said something bad about their wives, mamas, and grandmamas in huddle the way they let defenses pummel him. 

They're probably upset at him for wearing a black, rubber wedding ring on the field. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:17 PM)snowy Wrote: I think those players-only meetings don't often happen in real life because they turn into little more than b!tch sessions. You don't need a formal meeting for that. What could/should happen-and who's to say it hasn't-is for a highly respected teammate to kick a li'l butt. You know, the kind of stuff Whitworth was good at. I guess the best guy these days is Burfict.

What makes you think Burfict is a team leader?

He can't even control himself on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What makes you think Burfict is a team leader?

What are you talking about? Burfict has never, I repeat: NEVER taken a dump on the field. He makes sure to always go before the game and ... what's that? Ooooooooooooooooooooooh, you didn't mean ... My mistake.

[Image: ca26d62de955fdce6b2964e11e89deae.jpg]
Reply/Quote
THE PISTONS Wrote:What makes you think Burfict is a team leader?

Maybe so, but I think Burfict sometimes does as much coaching as the coaches do. But you raise an interesting question: who ARE the Bengals' team leaders these days? Andy? Gio? Vinny Rey? Burfict? Dunlap? DramaQueen Dre? Bueller? Bueller?
Reply/Quote
First you need to get some players. More than would fill up a phone booth.
Reply/Quote
Why are there no players-only meetings in Cincinnati?

No one knows how to block the door.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:09 PM)snowy Wrote: Maybe so, but I think Burfict sometimes does as much coaching as the coaches do. But you raise an interesting question: who ARE the Bengals' team leaders these days? Andy? Gio? Vinny Rey? Burfict? Dunlap? DramaQueen Dre? Bueller? Bueller?

Burfict and Jones definitely seem to do the most talking to the other players on the sidelines. 

Reply/Quote