Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player(s) you can expect the Bengals to draft.....
With a twist. Thinking of the 90s and over the last 15 years what players do you expect to see become bunglized? Obviously this is thinking like we did with our stellar number 1 this year. Name a player or players you can expect the bengals to draft and be a complete waste since he sucked already or overachieved in college.

I'll go with Sam douche darnold. A follow up to the palmer tradition
Reply/Quote
No...just no.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
90% of Ohio state players. If we just drafted from the sec, specifically Georgia and we would be in the hunt every year. Jt Barrett anyone?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:39 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: 90% of Ohio state players. If we just drafted from the sec, specifically Georgia and we would be in the hunt every year.

I'm hoping you forgot the ninja, as we have more players from Georgia than any other school, zero players from Ohio State, and 21 guys from the SEC.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:45 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm hoping you forgot the ninja, as we have more players from Georgia than any other school, zero players from Ohio State, and 21 guys from the SEC.

That's what I was kind of saying. There are very few guys from the Ohio state that turn out to be very good players. Of course ahitsburgh has one of them.
Reply/Quote
Sam Darnold makes one heroic throw out of 20. He stinks on ice. I don’t want that crybaby anywhere near the Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sam Darnold makes one heroic throw out of 20. He stinks on ice. I don’t want that crybaby anywhere near the Cincinnati Bengals.

Lol some have him projected as the top pick. He will fall to the bengals. The experts will be saying if you're the bengals you gotta take this guy for falling so far. He will then proceed to be thrown a huge parade and four interceptions in his first game. He looks perfect for the browns
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:47 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: That's what I was kind of saying. There are very few guys from the Ohio state that turn out to be very good players. Of course ahitsburgh has one of them.

Zeke, Bosa, plenty of o linemen, mike Thomas, Lattimore, Hayward, Shazier, Roby just off the top of my head....and Ohio State will have some good players on both the offensive and defensive lines in this years draft
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:47 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: That's what I was kind of saying. There are very few guys from the Ohio state that turn out to be very good players. Of course ahitsburgh has one of them.

What?

You aren't looking around the NFL very much then.

As much as we hate to mention Shazier, he is a very good LB.

Malcolm Jenkins has been playing in the NFL forever now and has always been a good DB.

From the 2017 draft, Lattimore was drafted by the Saints and is one of the reasons they have an improved defense this year and he's picked 5 passed and defended 17 this year as a rookie. Good numbers.

Also from 2017 draft Elflein (starting at Center for the Vikings now and a player the Bengals passed on 3 times in the draft and he's clearly miles better than Bodine).

From the 2016 draft don't mention Joey Bosa (defensive rookie of the year, 22 sacks in first 2 years) or Zek Elliott (1st team All-pro as a rookie) or WR Michael Thomas (pro bowl this year)

Then there are guys like Nate Ebner, whom you probably never heard of, but he's only toting around a couple of SB rings.

I'm not even going back in time very far, just the last few years really. Surely none of those guys could have helped the Bengals.

Players in the HoF by college.

Notre Dame 13
USC 12
Ohio State 10
Alabama 8
Michigan 8
Pittsburgh 8

Ohio State's list of HoFers (these are some impressive names in NFL history):
Cris Carter , Sid Gillman , Lou Groza , Dante Lavelli , Dick LeBeau , Orlando Pace , Jim Parker , Ed Sabol , Paul Warfield , Bill Willis

Players Bengals have in the HoF: Anthony Munoz

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 03:51 AM)BengalChris Wrote: What?

You aren't looking around the NFL very much then.

As much as we hate to mention Shazier, he is a very good LB.

Malcolm Jenkins has been playing in the NFL forever now and has always been a good DB.

From the 2017 draft, Lattimore was drafted by the Saints and is one of the reasons they have an improved defense this year and he's picked 5 passed and defended 17 this year as a rookie. Good numbers.

Also from 2017 draft Elflein (starting at Center for the Vikings now and a player the Bengals passed on 3 times in the draft and he's clearly miles better than Bodine).

From the 2016 draft don't mention Joey Bosa (defensive rookie of the year, 22 sacks in first 2 years) or Zek Elliott (1st team All-pro as a rookie) or WR Michael Thomas (pro bowl this year)

Then there are guys like Nate Ebner, whom you probably never heard of, but he's only toting around a couple of SB rings.

I'm not even going back in time very far, just the last few years really. Surely none of those guys could have helped the Bengals.

Players in the HoF by college.

Notre Dame 13
USC 12
Ohio State 10
Alabama 8
Michigan 8
Pittsburgh 8

Ohio State's list of HoFers (these are some impressive names in NFL history):
Cris Carter , Sid Gillman , Lou Groza , Dante Lavelli , Dick LeBeau , Orlando Pace , Jim Parker , Ed Sabol , Paul Warfield , Bill Willis

Players Bengals have in the HoF: Anthony Munoz

Hey I said 10% lol
Reply/Quote
Ever since Meyer got there, osu has been a almost guarantee solid nfl player
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 07:47 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Hey I said 10% lol

Oh yeah and there are more buckeyes in the pro bowl this year than any other college. OSU also had the 6th most players of any college on NFL rosters entering this season...but you’re right OSU doesn’t produce any good players lmao
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:39 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: 90% of Ohio state players. If we just drafted from the sec, specifically Georgia and we would be in the hunt every year. Jt Barrett anyone?

Actually, I think they have missed the boat on a lot of OSU players.  They have drafted a ton from Georgia and the SEC as well.

Give me that Center, Price, from OSU and that would be a good start (although missing the point of this thread).

So, ok, give me whatever WR is 6'4" AJ Green clone that tears up their bowl game so he can ride the bench....better?
Reply/Quote

Wow...you are waaaay off base here, except that pissburgh gets some of them.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:39 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: 90% of Ohio state players. If we just drafted from the sec, specifically Georgia and we would be in the hunt every year. Jt Barrett anyone?

So much wrong in this post. It's a shame that we don't have more OSU players from the Meyer era. If we did, we would have a playoff caliber team. 
Reply/Quote
I like chubb from U.ofGA. He is fast, and tough.
Reply/Quote
Guess i also missed the point of this thread and hate the word bungalized.

Wish we would of drafted lots of players out of OSU and hope we draft Billy Price this year.

BTW, watching the Memphis/Iowa State game. If we want a great returner Tony Pollard is the best this year.

Anthony Miller is a stud WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sam Darnold makes one heroic throw out of 20.  He stinks on ice.  I don’t want that crybaby anywhere near the Cincinnati Bengals.

Darnold needs another year in college for sure, he's in no way NFL ready. Not sure that will even make a difference ?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 11:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Darnold needs another year in college for sure, he's in no way NFL ready. Not sure that will even make a difference ?

I watched Ohio State last night and they made Sam Darnold look very bad. He’s not even close to NFL ready because the PAC12 is no longer the powerhouse it once was. Taking Carson Palmer in 2003 was a sure thing but look at USC quarterbacks since then. Where is Matt Leinart? Matt Barkley? Sam Darnold needs to stay in school two more years.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess i also missed the point of this thread and hate the word bungalized.

Wish we would of drafted lots of players out of OSU and hope we draft Billy Price this year.

BTW, watching the Memphis/Iowa State game. If we want a great returner Tony Pollard is the best this year.

Anthony Miller is a stud WR.

Sutton wr1 Miller wr2 ateman wr3 Cobb's Jr wr4 lazard wr5  Miller is a beast. Think he would thrive as a wr2/3. Strong hands, crisp route running, and great at 50/50 balls. Also really good at recognized holes in zones and cutting routes off.
Reply/Quote