Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Player vs. Player (The New Millenium Bengals)
I refuse to pick between Whit and Willie.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I refuse to pick between Whit and Willie.

It’s not Sophie’s Choice, Fred lol

Pick one!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not Sophie’s Choice, Fred lol

Pick one!

And you are not an SS officer.

I refuse.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And you are not an SS officer.

I refuse.

Chicken

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see everyone’s choices here. All are entitled to their own opinion but to those of you who selected Hill I ask - how could you?!
He was better than Perry for sure but he fumbled! He choked and he fumbled. That ruined everything he ever did that was positive. Go change all of your votes to Perry.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I refuse to pick between Whit and Willie.

According to Truck it should be an easy decision. Willie "wasn't even good enough to play Left Tackle."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 03:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Interesting to see everyone’s choices here. All are entitled to their own opinion but to those of you who selected Hill I ask - how could you?!
He was better than Perry for sure but he fumbled! He choked and he fumbled. That ruined everything he ever did that was positive. Go change all of your votes to Perry.

Perry was terrible. As bad as the fumble was at least Hill gave us one good year.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 04:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Perry was terrible. As bad as the fumble was at least Hill gave us one good year.

It was really only a half of a good year. Granted he went off at the end of the season, but didn't he start off sorta meh?

Personally I picked Perry because he was decent in 05 spelling Rudi, and I remember him going at Steelers players with his helmet off after Carson was injured in 05...

I can't forgive the fumble. He fumbled a lot that year too. He did manage to vulture a lot of TDs in 2015, but he was basically garbage outside of that 7-8 game run in 2014. Then he had the nerve to try and talk shit to us... The fans of the Bengals on Twitter when he rode the pine to a ring in New England... Oh and there was something with an underage girl somewhere along the way.

In short; **** Jeremy Hill.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Alright, thought this could be cool. I'm going to pit various Bengals from the last 20 years against one another. Consider all of these comparisons with each player being at their prime.

I will throw in a couple of choices that aren't the same position, but more of a who would you rather have on your roster.  

Here we go...

1.) Carson vs. Andy. Carson easily. 
2.) Chad vs. AJ. AJ easily. 
3.) Housh vs. Boyd vs. Marvin Jones vs. Sanu (Pick 1) Housh. 
4.) Willie Anderson vs. Whitworth This is tough, I'll go Willie. 
5.) Rudi Johnson vs. Joe Mixon Mixon easily.
6.) Steinbach vs. Zeitler Zeitler
7.) Takeo Spikes vs. Burfict Spikes
8.) Jerome Simpson vs. John Ross Neither
9.) Leon Hall vs Jonathan Joseph Joseph had a better career, Hall had a better peak. I'll take Hall.
10.) Chris Perry vs Jeremy Hill Neither
11.) Chris Henry vs Gio Bernard Chris Henry
12.) Justin Smith vs. Michael Johnson Justin Smith 
13.) Kelly Washington vs. Auden Tate Tate
14.) Jordan Shipley vs Rex Burkhead Burkhead
15.) Levi Jones vs Andre Smith Levi easily
16.) Peko vs Pacman Pacman

Bonus - Coaches

17.) Piano Man vs Jim Turner Uhm...
18.) Bob Bratowski vs Ken Zampese Bob
19.) Zimmers ire vs. Marvin's giggle Zim
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 04:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: According to Truck it should be an easy decision. Willie "wasn't even good enough to play Left Tackle."

Well, he wasn't lol. 1 year there and he got killed (granted, it was his rookie year).

Despite that, he is still the third best lineman we ever had; Munoz, Whitworth then Willie.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote