Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player you had high hopes for but did not work out.
(07-20-2015, 06:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I may be inviting another Andy Sucks Thread, but isn't this a little premature?  Ditto Hunt?

This will be Hunt's make or break training camp.

But the DL is already so stacked. In order to keep Hunt, he'd have to have an outstanding TC and preseason.

We currently have MJ, Dunlap, Clarke and Gilberry at DE, and Atkins, Peko, Hardison, Thompson and Sims/Still at DT.

We'd basically have to kick out Gilberry, which I don't really want to see happen, or we go heavy on DL. 10 or 11 DL would be required to keep Hunt off the streets.

That's why everyone is mentioning him as a failure.
Reply/Quote
Chase Coffman comes to mind. That guy didn't do squat.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Eric Sleeping-With-Bienemy  ThumbsUp

I also had high hopes for Moch.

(07-16-2015, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2nd best Berman nickname ever.

(07-17-2015, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Bert "be home" Blyleven

Bert Blyleven was my fave too....

Here is a Bengals nod:  
  • Jon Kitna Kaboodle........and a couple other of my faves:
    • Carlos One if by Land, Two if Baerga 

Todd "Which Hand Does He" Frohwirth

Hideo "Ain’t Gonna Work On Maggie’s Farm" Nomo

Mike "Lego" Gallego

Jose "Blame it on" Rio

Eddie "Eat Drink and Be" Murray LOL

so, so many good baseball ones...lol

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jermaine Gresham.
One of my favorite college players, was hoping he'd come here and be an annual Pro-Bowl candidate. Started off good, just don't know what went wrong.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: As a Vol fan I was psyched to get Allen.  He was an elite athlete who could cover like a corner and tackle like a safety.  he had never played up to his potential in the NFL, but I viewed him as Reggie nelson v2.0.  The one postition where the bengals have been very good at coaching players up has been DB.  I was certain that we would turn Allen into a top DB.

That's because that's the one position where we have good position coaches. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
As a Buckeye fan it makes me sad to say Archie was one I had the highest hopes for, but he of course kind of flaked out.

During his 7 NFL seasons, he rushed for 2808 yards and 7 touchdowns, and caught 192 passes for 1607 yards and 6 touchdowns. Griffin struggled throughout his professional career, rushing for 100 yards or more in only three games and failing to record a 700-yard season :-(
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 02:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: As a Buckeye fan it makes me sad to say Archie was one I had the highest hopes for, but he of course kind of flaked out.

During his 7 NFL seasons, he rushed for 2808 yards and 7 touchdowns, and caught 192 passes for 1607 yards and 6 touchdowns. Griffin struggled throughout his professional career, rushing for 100 yards or more in only three games and failing to record a 700-yard season :-(

I was a big Archie Griffen fan.  I owned a scarlet #45 jersey before I ever owned any Bengal gear.  But I watched how Griffen ran between the tackles all the time in college and thought he would have a tough time transferring that game to the NFL.
Reply/Quote